Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default MRC Take -26

Looked like we were due for a new thread! Have a great week!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #2  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Successful Shopping Trip

A little NSV for our Monday morning - because the scale isn't moving this time, but apparently the inches still are. I went shopping this weekend. I couldn't believe my eyes so I had to double check with the sales lady to make sure the pants looked ok on me . . . . I bought all size 8's this weekend and went down to medium's on the tops!!! I still can't believe my eyes. I think I was a size 9 . . . . when I was 14. I don't ever remember being this size!!

Not sure I will be able to check in anymore before my early morning flight, so I wish you all luck in the NSV's and the scale WI's this week. I'll be tooling through the mountains and trying my best to eat healthy on the road.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #3  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Well, its Monday again!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

I start my yellow menu today!! Not too excited about it ... something tells me I'm gonna be starving!!!! We had to make one change ~ instead of an orange, I have to eat an apple. The acid in oranges makes me get olcers (sp) in my mouth, and really upsets my tummy, so they changed it. (although, they werent happy about it, but nothing I could do) I was bummed out on Friday cause when I went for my food class at 530 they did a WI and it showed me at .5 down from Monday ~ but my scale at home, first thing that morning, showed me 3 lbs down. (I liked mine much better) But, try and get them to believe that huh!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #4  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I found a yummy sounding recipe. Just not quite sure how to tweak it to make it OP and how to count it as how much protein, vege. starch, etc.

I know replace the sausage & burger with ground turkey would be a start. Green onion insead of onion. Chicken Bouillion HNS instead of dry bouillion cube. ICBINB for the butter. Tomato HNS for the tomato paste. Did I miss anything?

I'm thinking to use smaller individual zucchini's so that they count as 4 oz cooked veg., and and the meat at 4 oz. protein. Any other suggestions?

My friend has a recipe using cream cheese... Yummo! Don't guess there's probably any possibility of making THAT OP huh?

Once all the tweaking is done I will add this to the recipe board. Thanks for any suggestions!

Stuffed Zucchini

Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients:
6 zucchini of the same size, weighing about 1 3/4 pounds (800 g) in all
1/4 pound (100 g) ground beef
1/4 pound (100 g) fresh mild Italian sausage, peeled and crumbled
A couple ounces of day old bread, crusts removed and crumbled (3/4 cup not packed)
4 tablespoons grated Parmigiano
An egg
1 clove garlic
A medium-sized onion
A small bunch parsley
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 a bouillon cube
Fresh thyme
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste diluted in 1/4 cup water or broth
Preparation:
Moisten the bread in cold water. Salt some water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. While it's heating cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the pulp. Mince the pulp with the onion, garlic and parsley, and sauté the mixture in the butter and oil until it is lightly browned, then crumble the bouillon over it and transfer it to a bowl. Squeeze the bread dry and combine it, the egg, the cheese, and the meats with the vegetable mixture. Mix well and season the stuffing to taste with salt, pepper and thyme.

By now the water in the pot will be boiling; add the zucchini and cook them for 5 minutes from the time the water resumes boiling. Then remove them and set them upside down so they drain as they cool. Preheat your oven to 380 F (190 C).

Fill the zucchini with the stuffing, pressing it down firmly. Arrange the zucchini in a buttered pan, brush them with the tomato mixture, and bake them for 25 minutes, basting regularly with the pan drippings. If they appear to be overbrowning, cover them with some aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes. Serve at once.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Thanks SchoonCR for the 6 lbs of lean muscle comment. I'm sorry that's happened to you, but it got my attention, and I'm going to get back on track with my step aerobics and weights.
Still trying to figure my lean mass loss - I had gone about 4-5 months with very little excercise or weights (me and wife had a baby in March). As soon as I started with MRC, I went back to lifting just once a week, and getting about 30-45 min of cardio 4-5 times a week.

At my size, and my muscle mass, I maybe getting too much cardio at the calorie level I am taking in.

Also, not sure I 100% trust the TANITA for those complicated calculations. Anyone else had their doubts about that?

I do believe it is a very accurate scale however.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #6  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Hello all

Hope every one had a great weekend. I did ok really missed up Friday but got back OP as of Sat. and Sund. I am going to WI and I only hope I did not go up!! Yall have a great day.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #7  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I went to WI today and I got to sign the 10 pound board. I was super excited. I just started on July 31st! This is way better than I have done on any diet in the past.

Since I decided to add exercise in after all of the posts from you I wonder how much I will lose next week!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #8  
One Meal At A Time

I Stayed the same and I am happy with tat cuz I really went off Op Friday!! Good luck to yall with WI today...
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #9  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I went to WI today and I got to sign the 10 pound board. I was super excited. I just started on July 31st! This is way better than I have done on any diet in the past.

Since I decided to add exercise in after all of the posts from you I wonder how much I will lose next week!
U go girl with your 10 pound loss!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #10  
Queen of Everything

S/C/G: 178/169.5/150

Quote:

Congrats on getting to sign the board!!!! I cant wait until I get to do that as well!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #11  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

Congrats!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #12  
Shannon

I used ShineOn's banana split smoothie recipe! Nut I didn't put the frozen strawberries in it because I didn't think we could have fruit at night. Am I right? I would love too, though. I used the strawberry extract and it wasn't quite as good as real berries would be!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #13  
Shannon

Quote:

Hooray for you!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #14  
One Meal At A Time

In the vanilla replacement drink that I take in the AM now, what is good to put in it? Some one said maybe the pineapple??
Old 08-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #15  

Height: 5'10"

Default Frustrated.

Sounds like everyone had some great losses last week. Congrats to all!

I went to WI today & was only -.5 lbs. This is the least I've ever lost (I only weigh in weekly). The only time I've been off course was when I was sick, otherwise, I've followed the plan exactly. My TOM is just winding down - could I be retaining up to 3-5 lbs of water from my TOM? I know "everyone is different" but I'm curious to learn if you see a difference at WI during your TOM. My apologies if this is TMI.

NSV - I've lost 14 inches so far. This is day 36 for me, so that's pretty darn cool. Also, all of the 21 lbs I've lost have been fat. I just hope the scale moves next week.
Closed Thread