Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #1  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Carmen Electrca's pole dancing exercise video?

Anyone ever try it? A friend of mine said she loved it. Just wanted to see what you all thought.
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

My friend has it and one day when I slept over she did like 20 minutes of it too show me, I thought it looked cool but I havn't actually tried it myself. You can probably get a good deal at ebay or amazon for a used one! Good luck!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I tried one of them....(the lap dancing one I think?) with a roommate. We both just felt silly doing it though....and it didn't feel like much of a workout to me.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:28 AM   #4  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

in the whole series, the only one that felt like a good sweat was #2; she's with a trainer, not really doing the strip tease. That one was hard, but good. the others i didn't like at all. maybe she's no good, I don't know. but i felt silly too, and not out of breath.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:01 AM   #5  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Really cool if you want to learn how to strip tease, she really broke down the moves and buy the end of it, I had my own dancing routine - not really stripping in anyway. Very fun and a light workout, prob about the same as walking or fast walking, not anything like running or actual aerobics. I did it by myself and thought it was fun.

If you have comcast on demand you can go there and click on sports & fitness, then click on fit-tv and they have all sorts of clips and workouts that you can try. That is how I tried this one.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: size 26/size 16/size 12

Height: 5'9"

One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?
150reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 AM   #7  

Like all exercise it depends on your current fitness level. If you are in really good shape it won't be a very good workout, but if you are pretty out of shape it might really work up a sweat.

I think the best thing about it is it will show you how to move in a way that will make you like your body, and fee sexy/ desired/ wanted (as we all should!).

I say go for it! Fun for a few laughs at the very least and you may pick up a move or two!
xenergia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #8  

I haven't tried the video but pole dancing is fun! DH and I invested in one years ago. Not for the exercise but just for fun.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #9  

Default Hey, Sunshine

Where did you get the pole? I want one. I see a lot of them on the web, but most of them look pretty flimsy. I want one I can climb. Thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150reasons View Post
One question: Where do you get the stripper pole?

You know, this is a really morbid thought. What happens if you buy a stripper pole, and then you would happen to perish unexpectedly? I can't IMAGINE my parents or inlaws coming in to go through my things, and finding a stripper pole set up in the house.

Morbid...yes, I know. But I tend to think about things like this. I would hate for that to be one of their parting impressions of me.

Last edited by aphil; 08-22-2008 at 11:02 AM.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #11  

We bought ours from a friend who sold lingerie and novelty things. I'm sure you can do a google search to see what's out there that will fit your needs.

As far as the morbidity related to someone finding out about our stripper pole, not worried at all. I would think my DH would stash it away if I kicked the bucket.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #12  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Aphil - you are a dancer so I wouldn't think you would be embarrassed about a stripper pole!
The workout I tried was a chair dance (w/ carmen), you sat on the chair, walked around it, put your leg on it, etc... it was really fun.
Yeah, I'm a dancer...but not THAT kind of dancer. They are completely unrelated...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #14  

Aphil, that is too funny!! However I don't think anyone would be surprised at anything they may find in my house I have not exactly lived by the rules of a traditional lifestyle.