The Maintenance Library books, articles, and book discussions

Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #1  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

Question Valerie Bertinelli Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time

Has any read this one yet? I am currently reading and it's more of a bio about her life (thus far) than a weight loss book. It's interesting but maybe the rest of the book will be more into her success?
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I almost bought it last week at Costco, but wonder if it would have any practical use (like tips that I don't already know). I'm still thinking about getting it. We'll see.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/230/160

Height: 5'9"

Not sure if I will get the book, but I do find her to be a great inspiration. Regardless of what products she uses that one speech where she said, "This is the first New Years in a long time where I won't be making a resolution to lose weight" and she broke down and cried on international television? I got choked up too and thought, that is going to be me in a few years.
Sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #4  

I have read this book and found it intriguing and entertaining. It only took me a few days to read it! I think it is interesting that she was able to focus in depth on what was holding her back from happiness [imho] and that is part of the process [i think] of losing weight. It is definitely NOT a "diet book" but I did find it inspirational and motivating enough to help me in my journey.
lorighany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/???/149

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgirl View Post
Not sure if I will get the book, but I do find her to be a great inspiration. Regardless of what products she uses that one speech where she said, "This is the first New Years in a long time where I won't be making a resolution to lose weight" and she broke down and cried on international television? I got choked up too and thought, that is going to be me in a few years.
I agree, I got emotional watching her. And then she same back a year later and did it again, and I was so proud of her! I wanted to get her book a couple of times, but I never did. I may just check my library for it, cause it sounds like a great read.
SkinniVivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I read this - its a fast read. I thought there was going to be more behind the scene Van Halen stories but the ones there were interesting. I toyed with Jenny Craig based on her success, but would rather lose with real food.

She was very focused and determined to lose the extra pounds....based on stress eating. She lost a lot of the stress (former husband) and once she found the right food plan, the pounds came off.

It will be interesting to see if she can keep it off.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I did read it and I thought it was really pathetic. Sorry. I simply cannot say anything positive about the book at all.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #8  

I really liked the book...and I passed it on to a friend and she loved it, too! I was a Van Halen fan and found the struggles of life with a rock star interesting, also all the cheating, her losing roles based on her weight, her new life, etc. I would recommend reading it!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I read it and found it interesting. A little bit of a shock how her real like was a lot different than the image of her from being a teen television star.

There was not a lot of diet advice per se but a lot about how other things in your life can effect your weight issues.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote