View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
mandalinn82
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Injuries stink - I know first hand. BUT - using them as an excuse to eat off-plan is counterproductive, especially on a lower extremity injury (where gaining weight could actually SLOW recovery). It'll be harder to stay on plan, and even harder than that to have consistent losses, without exercise, but honestly? You'll feel 10 million times better if you consistently do the best you can.

Forgive my elements of tough love here, but remember, last August, I was in EXACTLY the same boat. I sank into self pity mode a bit, because I wanted to exercise and couldn't. I started down that constant snacking, boredom path...and I felt bad about myself and about my habits. Then I snapped out of it, due to some tough love from several chicks here, and I actually HIT GOAL during that low-exercise time period.

So get back on it...you can DEFINITELY do this. Instead of letting it be a sob story, make it a drive to be even better, do as much as you can, get your body back in fighting shape, and move forward. for coming back and confessing, and for getting back on track!

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote