South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Finally Friday Beach Chat!

TGIF!

I've been anticipating this day all week, today I get to meet Nessa and Schmoodle in person! Maybe we'll report back and let you all know the details.

We've had constant storms since last evening, I hope they hold off today! I just turned on the dishwasher, I was afraid to run it last night with the power fluctuating so much. I lost my last dishwasher that way, so I'm extremely cautious about that kind of thing. I'm just hoping we don't have a big wash-out today for our chick meet!

The weekend looks pretty quiet, for now. But I never know what my kids have planned for me.

What's on everyone's schedule this last day of the work week?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/172/170ish

Height: 5'10"

I'm off the the 2nd Keystone Veterinary Conference for the day...I just hope they have some SBD approved food there! Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, Nessa and Schmoodle have fun! I so wish I was meeting you all!

Matt!

Me, once again going stir crazy. Living alone is the pitts!!!!!!! Whats worse is living alone, and out of work! Reminded 24/7 of the fact!

Ah well, L ori stop your bellyachen! Weight still at 177 so changing the sig back up from 176. As long as I don't see 180 I'm happy!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Matt. Enjoy the conference and take along something just in case the food is crap.

Cottage, I would love to be a fly on the wall when you, Nessa and Scmoodle meet. One of these days I'll join you.

Donna comes to clean this morning and will go into overkill if I tell her I have company next week so I won't. There will be seven cousins staying up at the Island and I just know they'll be here if it turns out to be rainy. Since this is the old family house, they kind of expect Grandma style cooking although she's been gone since the 1940's. Some of them didn't even know her but the myth persists. I always have to have pie and raisin cookies on hand.

Our garden show is tomorrow and we're hard-pressed to get entries this soggy year. This afternoon I will check out Claire's gardens and my sister's if I want to drive that far and persuade them to enter something. There's a section for arranged flowers but I'd be hard pressed to find much out there in the wet and soggy mess. I do have some lovely French filet beans to enter plus some sweet and hot peppers. Everything has to be in place for judging by nine tomorrow so don't worry if I show up late.

By the way, food dehydrators are evil! Aside from the salty zucchini chips, dried peaches are way too tempting and too darned easy to eat. However, my ticker is not lying....yet!

Time to get some breakfast and get on with Life.

Loriann, you snuck in on me! Sorry you are going through such a rough patch. A friend of mine used to say "Nothing lasts forever - even nothing!" Let's hope the perfect job comes along soon.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's yoga day so I only have a minute to say good morning to everyone

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ruth - get a food saver and vacuum seal those goodies out of reach! Not that I'm an example - I've been eating frozen fruit leather! Reminds me of those evil Girl Scout cookies - it's even better frozen!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #6  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone,

It's fun to see your online buddies in person! I wish Nessa, Schmoodle, and Cottage a great time!

Today I'm going to meet with 2 of my writer friends and swap "war stories" and inspiration for a good part of the day. After that I'll shop for the ingredients in my puppy's new home-cooked recipe that the vet created for her.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5'11

Hi all! Busy day for me, so just a quick pop in. All is well. Have to visit dd's school this morning, go out to lunch with friends that I haven't seen in ages, exchange some things at the mall and then pick up some friends from the airport staying for the weekend. I'm excited to see them but beyond nervous because I want to stick to the plan but there will be lots of eating out involved. Ugh! WIsh me luck!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Yep - short on the personals today. But I hope everyone has a lovely beginning to the weekend!

Me - Ahhhhh, finally friday is right! The boss was gone all week, yesterday was a loooonnnnngggg day. At least I get a lunch break to work out today! But then, sadly, I'm on call (it was supposed to be with Matt as my tech, but he went to the conference....I think he's avoiding me.... ). I just want sleep, that's all I'll ask for!

Have a great one!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quickly, quickly rushing by and waving...gotta hit the road!!

Mandy...going to Hot August Night tonight???? It's my treat for the week since I'll be stuck in a workshop tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 AM   #10  

Brian and I both stayed up to watch the gymnastics last night which is WAY TOO late, especially for him. He's still sleeping now even though his alarm is going off. I'm WFH so I can take him in late. His field trip isn't until 11:30 so he has plenty of time.

Last night was the Cub Scout Roundtable and Program Preview. Handling registration was busy. We probably had 80 or more people. Brian did great as a door greeter. I saw his Advancement person there and she talked me into serving as the merit badge counselor for Leatherworking. I'm going to have to learn a lot more to do that but it should be fun. Brian did a great job with his stuff.

It's been pouring rain and it looks like we may get several days of rain. I hope it stops long enough for the pool equipment repairman who is coming out today and for the Boy Scout pool party tomorrow.

Robert already cancelled his visitation for this weekend and is expecting to be able to make up all the hours. For you guys who have been divorced before, is making up missed hours normal? If it's a one time thing, I don't mind but I worry it will become a repeat problem.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:16 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb0522 View Post
Robert already cancelled his visitation for this weekend and is expecting to be able to make up all the hours. For you guys who have been divorced before, is making up missed hours normal? If it's a one time thing, I don't mind but I worry it will become a repeat problem.
I was never married to be divorced, but I had to deal with an "ex" while raising my son. At first I had to push Joe to see JOey. Then he'd show up drunk so I'd refrain from letting him go. Then he'd come late or the next day, so I'd refrain from letting him go. I have plans and if you can't be here at the appointed time you lose out.

As for making up lost time... IF (and I mean IF) you decide to allow him to not pick him up Friday, and come when he damn well pleases, your setting precedence should the two of you have to go back to court. tred carefully.

And with "making up time"... kids remember "dad was suppose to be here" and wether or not they make up the time, the kid is still hurt!

Also, those baseball games, the boyscouts, all that that the father doesn't attend, throws an arrow into the heart. Especially young boys who so desperately need their father's approval!!!!!!!!!!

Talk with Brian (your ex) and explain this... And have him listen to the "cat's in the craddle" song!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

No time for personals have to get everyone up and ready for first day of school, I am wfh so I can take DD2 to kindergarten and p/u as well.

Have a great day, we are going to a ballon festival tonight so should be fun if my back would just quit hurting Had to pop more motrin- lasted over a week this time but perhaps it is because I always do too much to soon,
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls and Matt. I am 100% exhausted, physically and mentally, and have to get ready to open my store here in a few.

Matt, I hope there's something for you at your conference. I didn't have 1 OP (on plan) thing to eat yesterday with my conference/meeting/picnic in Chicago. Think that's part of why I'm exhausted.

Pearl, happy first day of school!

Left Springfield at 6:45 yesterday morning, went and picked up a coworker in Decatur, then went and picked up a coworker in Champaign, and then tried to figure out how to get to our destination in Chicago from I-57 instead of I-55 (which is what our directions said to take.) Finally made it up there, and on time, and spent the day playing softball. We won the loooooooooong game we played 23-16 and then called it a day. Retraced our steps and got home at 8:30, then had to run to my store to pick up my keys, came home, showered, and tried to watch a little TV but fell asleep.

I am SORE. I fear that my right knee is deteriorating. Have a spot that feels like bone on bone now but, as always, don't want to go get it checked out. I also got sunburned, despite bringing sunscreen, but it's not a bad one. Only problem is that I had my sunglasses on all day so I look like a raccoon.

So I spent 456 miles in the car yesterday and played a long, hard game of softball all day. Made it on base a lot, and miraculously even sent one (just one) into a hole in the outfield.

Need to know if I was too much of a or not. I have a friend who is very self-absorbed and always has been. Materialistic, spoiled, but has a good heart deep down, just can be a real PITA. One of her sons is my godson and turned 3, his birthday party being Sunday, and I didn't go because she lives 3 hours away and have had all the aftermath going on from my grandmother dying.

So I get an email from her this morning. It says simply this: "Way to go. You missed Caden's birthday. " Something in my little brain went *tink* and so I replied:

"Happy Birthday to Caden. It's been on my mind, I didn't forget. Way to go. You missed my grandmother's funeral. Sorry, but I've had a few things going on here lately and have had to focus on my mom and my family. I would have sent a gift or a card, but I don't have any money right now."

Too b*tchy? She's probably going to be upset because I typically don't like confrontation, but I'm tired of it. My grandmother died and my mom's a wreck. I didn't have the time (or money for that matter) to drive up 3 hours, spend an hour there, and drive 3 hours back. Let me know what you think.....

Lisa
Old 08-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

Hugs Lisa. Your alright, its your friend who should be ashamed! Was she aware of your gramma's passing? If so, she should put her head in the sand and bury it!

I'm also sorry your family is having a hard time right now. Look up, it will get better! And I'm sure you'll see her again at that appointed hour!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #15  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

lisa - your friend sounds pretty insensitive. Reminds me of a friend of mine.....*sigh* I don't think you were too bi*chy....just honest. Interestingly enough....my friend and your friend have sons with the same name....eery.

--

My family (dad, step-mom, DH, DS and I) are headed out to my Dad's hunting property in Wisconsin. DS should enjoy the wilderness

I'm also in the process of getting my stuff together to make a gumbo for my Dad's birthday. I'm having a hard time finding the type of sausage that I need. Maybe I need to hit small town butchers. Smoked sausage shouldn't be this difficult to find!

Have a great day!

Last edited by zeffryn; 08-15-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Closed Thread