Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 08:49 AM   #1  

Talking Steel Magnolias -- #178

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's a nice sunny morning and NO wind! We were up early and have had our walk, read the papers, DH went to help sort hogs, and I am heading for the shower.

I was a little nervous facing the iron monster last night but somehow showed a loss of 2#s! I was pleasantly surprised!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:05 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely day in the neighborhood. I think I just saw Mr. Rogers walk by on his morning stroll. AH, but some of these campers don't follow good advice....left their food out on the table and the racoons had a feast. Not just one campground... they really feasted... and made one huge mess. Yes they did the darling little things. But that is their job. They love to do that and that is what one must expect them to do. I am through with the doctor for a few months. He wants me back in about 3 to see how much weight I have lost. The dentist for a cleaning tomorrow is my main most favorite.

JEAN that is funny. Your main squeeze goes out to sort hogs and you stay in and sort laundry. CONGRATULATIONS 2 pounds gone! That is so neat. Keep up what ever you are doing and more will follow.

Have a wonderful Humpday Flowers, catch you on the rebound.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:45 PM   #3  
On my way to thin!

Hello everyone,

I'm really trying hard to get back to my old very successful routines. I'm slipping down that hill and I don't like the ride.

Brenda
Old 07-17-2002, 05:07 PM   #4  
Thin Within

HI BRENDA welcome back, long time no see. I know that you can do this for you have lost a lot of weight already. Glad you want to join us again down this road to thin. I am so happy to see you here. Don't become a stranger to this again!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:12 PM   #5  

Smile

Hi Brenda!
Welcome and join us down this road to thin!

I am Jean and live in Iowa with my DH and three fur people. I have struggled with weight for too many years and have joined WW too many times to count. Right now I am doing well and I hope that it lasts! Start out with one area and take it one step at a time, maybe even one meal at a time. I have a hard time journaling but I know that is part of the program to success. You will find support and encouragement here -- post often so that you may get to know us and we will get to know you. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!

Maggie -- We've had so many baby raccoons "blobbed" on the country highways. I know they can be stinkers but they are so cute! Glad to hear that you and your doc won't be seeing each other for a while!

I need to go pick up my glasses -- I kept the frames and just had new lenses put in so will be anxious to see if I can "see" any better!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:51 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone

How is everyone today? We have temps in the 80's and the sun is out!!!!! Wow...we haven't had that in a very long time. I am enjoying this summer way too much. Next year if the temps go back to normal, I am going to be very sad

Jean: Way to go girl!!!! I am so proud of your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Maggie: Glad to see that you are done with the Dr's and soon to be with the dentist. I need to go to the dentist before I have to head back to school. With all the projects around the house, it is hard to find time to get there. I also have been trying to keep the kids busy....that is the hardest thing of all.

Benda: Welcome!!! We all know how you feel and are here to help you as much as you need it.

Well, as usual, I need to get back to work and finish up the upstairs of this house. I have some crews coming the week of the 29th to put a new porch on the front on the house and to put a new roof on the machine shop out back. Next project is a new fence and a pool. Hopefully all goes according to plan.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:43 PM   #7  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

JEAN Congratulations on the 2#'s gone forever!!!! Even if you aren't journaling you must be doing something right. Keep it up.

MAGGIE I know you are not letting that little slip bother you. You have been sooo good that you are allowed! It must have been quite a cleanup after those racoons. Hope you didn't have to do it all. Just went to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning and will make another visit in August to check up on a tooth that has become sensitive to 'cold'. Hope it is nothing, but we will see.

BRENDA Welcome. We are all trying to follow this road to thin. It isn't easy but worth the effort. I'm Gloria from MA retired and keeping busy with grandchildren and some traveling. I also like to read and on occassion have been known to read a book a day.

LORRAINE Happy to hear your weather is livable. I know you have been having more than your share of rain. You can send some this way as we need it here.

This week I had a .5# loss. Not much, but I'll take it.

Gloria in MA....off to finish my book.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:12 PM   #8  

Good Evening Flowers
Way to go Jean! That's great! I gained the 2 you lost. I was not a happy camper. However, I haven't been journaling, and know I"ve been below on my points. so.............I've promised myself I'll keep a good journal this week. Talk about a slow learner!
Welcome,Brenda
Welcome to the group. There's not a thing you've done or not done that one or all of us hasn't experienced at least once, so hang in there. It's taken me 18 mos. to lose 30 lbs..........and I clerk at two WW mtgs. a week! They'd fire me if they could find someone to take my place.
I'm a retired teacher, with 2 cats and a dog whose backyard is being fenced this week.....YEA!
Lorraine, Glad to hear the weather's improving. My cousin lives in Dallas but spends a month on Cape Cod every summer with family. We've been in the throes of a 2 year drought, but it seems to have abated somewhat.
Off to walk my hound dog before crawling in the sack.
Have a great rest of the week.
Bubs
Old 07-17-2002, 10:41 PM   #9  

Red face

I am heading for bed after the news . . . don't know why but I am tired tonight. It is so hot and humid that it just takes your breath away when you walk out side. I spent the better part of the morning with another teacher drinking ginger peach ice tea, then ran some errands, came home and watched TV this afternoon. That must be why I'm tired!

Lorraine -- A pool sounds heavenly right now! Are you putting it in the ground or above? What's your address again?

Gloria -- I really do think that my losing is due to my walking every day. Since DH has been going with me, we walk further and faster than I do alone. Congrats on the .5# loss -- that's 2 sticks of gooey butter!

Bubs -- You will have the 2#s gone by next weigh in, I'm sure! If you can lose 30#s, you can take care of 2! Go for it!

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 07-18-2002, 01:20 AM   #10  

07-16-2002 07:17 PM profile | pm | | find | buddy list edit | quote

Hi Jean,
No, I never ever felt "afraid" with ANY of my students...and that includes the ones I taught in Juvenile Hall. My "worry" about them was about their well being. It is so sad to see all that anger pent up in such a young person. Actually, sometimes teachers are one of the few adults that they can trust. I always hoped that I was one of those teachers! Hopefully, I have helped a few along the way.

Enjoy your good weather! We have been in the 80's this week, but it looks like the tempts will be going up by Friday!
Jackie

Report this
Old 07-18-2002, 01:26 AM   #11  

Hi Flowers,
I always seem to be the one that goes over to the second page! I've got to learn how to fix that!!

It sounds like everyone is having a busy summer. I haven't been back to the pool yet...I just don't feel up to par yet.

I've been doing a lot of reading though...nice to get caught up on some of the "pleasure" stuff after spending so much time reading legal docs!

I'm off to bed, but had to check in and see what was happening in the flower patch!

Good NIght
Jackie
Old 07-18-2002, 08:53 AM   #12  
On my way to thin!

A quick good morning to you all.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am a Canadian living on the US border. I have 3 kids and a husband of 25 years this February. I've lost 75 pounds or so. Had lost 104, but I'm very proud of how much I've taken off and NOT put back on. I guess I've had a long enough break from being good to myself. Yesterday started well but by the end of the day I had packed in too many points again but I did write them down. TODAY WILL BE MUCH BETTER.

I will gradually get to know all of you, and am looking forward to it. Thanks again for the support, I know I'm not in this alone.

Have a great OP day all!

Brenda
Old 07-18-2002, 03:04 PM   #13  

Thumbs down

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's 92 degrees outside with 65% humidity . . . HOT! I'm so thankful that the air conditioner just keeps humming away. We have a mandatory watering ban on as one of our obsolete city filters is broken and cannot be fixed. A new one has been ordered but no installation date in sight. With two packing plants, this town uses a lot of water and the residential water prices are sky high. Today we got a post card in the mail saying that residential users can use water between 5 and 9 AM on Sat. and Sun. Next it says we may only water flowers from a bucket between 5 and 9 AM. Do you suppose the first one means no showers nor clothes washing during the week? I hope NOT!

Jackie -- If you see that there are 14 posts, start a new thread as #15 rolls onto the 2nd page. I hope you are feeling better! I have a couple of books to read but just don't seem to be able to sit down and relax enough to read. I've got to get my bedrooms put back in order before school starts! I guess my heart isn't really in the project and that's why it is taking forever!

Brenda -- Keeping 75 pounds off is GREAT! I know what it's like to start a day OP and then have the points go way over by the end of the day. I've done that too many times to count! Just keep on trying!

I hear the dryer buzzing so need to go and fold cat towels! They are still shedding so bad -- wish I could vacuum them. Have a nice afternoon!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 07-18-2002, 04:02 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Friday Eve

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am just back from the dentist office to get my teeth cleaned and they feel wonderful! She is an excellent cleaner and really know her stuff so I am already looking forward to seeing her in 6 months. Cowboy had his done right after mine so we are on the same 6 month schedule.

BRENDA it may take a bit to get back in the swing of things but think back at how you did it before. YEP you are going to get there because I know you realize that it isn't just to lose weight but for the rest of your ife. We all have to make changes that will last us through.

COOKIE that is a treat to get to read for recreation instead of that law stuff - which can be interesting sometimes though.

JEAN when they were on a water shortage my folks would have a bucket in the bathroom and when they would take a shower would let that water, you always run to get it the correct temperature, run in the bucket ~ then they would use it to water their plants indoors and out if there was any left in the bucket. Then for the outdoor ones they used bio degradable soap to wash the clothes in and used that on their yard. They had a great success when doing that to keep their place looking nice.

Have a great OP day of it folks. This is the eve of Friday which starts the weekend.

PS this is post number 13 of this thread so whoever posts the next one will be #14.......
Old 07-18-2002, 07:11 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!!

Well the heat is back on its way. They are predicting only a slight chance of rain tonight and tomorrow and then the heat will return. It was great while it lasted.!!!!!

Maggie: Your parents had really good ideas for using their water!! So far this summer because of all of the rain, we are not under any bans. Usually by this time we can only water in the early morning or evening.

Jean: Hopefully they don't mean no showers!!!! Hopefully the installation date comes real soon.

Jackie: I hope you get to feeling like you self again. But reading for pleasure sure sounds really relaxing....

Well I better get dinner ready. The kids have been out at the park all day, and they are saying they are getting hungry.

I hope everyone has a great night.
Closed Thread