South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat

The sun is peeking over the walnut tree so let's sit on the deck and sip a bit. Better grab a quilt as it's a bit August morning-ish out there!

The middle of the week sure gets here fast! Suddenly it's Wednesday and my Sunday night list is still pretty long. I still have baking to tackle for the weekend, peaches to deal with and yet more blueberries to freeze before they fruit flies take over my kitchen completely.

I'd better get off my butt (after coffee) and make the most of the morning as Disney and I do pet therapy at noon and then will be visiting my sister. We are having a quilt brainstorming session and I want to scope out her flowers as I have a garden show this weekend.

This weekend will be terrible - or good, depending! Garden show Saturday from 7:30 set-up to Awards at 4, a 50th anniversary party 2 to ?, Church with a christening and reception Sunday morning, Obedience training at one and the Island Cousins here for a BBQ Sunday afternoon! If I don't surface Monday, you'll know why.

As my Mother used to say "Just stop whining and get on with it!"
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Humpday Happenings

Good morning everybody!

I've been here, just poking around other places and I just realised no one started today's daily!

Plenty of sunshine around today, but no humidity. It makes it nice to be outside in this weather. I've been teaching the girls to play badminton and we've been riding bikes. We went for a dip in a friend's pool for a while, but the water was freezing and we didn't stay too long! I think today will be much the same.

Only 2 more days til I get to meet Nessa and Schmoodle!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoops, you were already on it, Ruth! Thanks for starting us up! Sounds like you have a busy next few days!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-13-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #3  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Cottage and Ruth, and anyone else who might be cross-posting.

Ruth, it sounds like you have a busy week planned.

Cottage, have fun teaching badminton!

All is well here. I had a much better day yesterday than I had all week last week. Nothing much new, just writing and playing with the puppy.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11

Good morning all! Nothing going on in my world, a rare day with no commitments. Will probably spend the entire day playing with my youngest daughter. I love days like this!

Ruth- My head is spinning thinking of your weekend! Lots to do!
Cottage- you brought back memories of my childhood, I loved badminton! I bet the girls love it!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, jump in before it gets busy!

Sounds like most days are routine (which is good....), mine too. Today's my one short day this week, I'm working more with the boss on vacation. I can't decide if I'll go on a jog or a kick-butt hike. Possibly the hike, since once the son starts kindergarten, I won't get a chance to do that anymore (by myself!).
Have a great day!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Good morning ladies and Matt.

I was up all night again. Since Joe moved out I really only had one solid nights sleep and that was one that he was here for the night. I had a disturbing call last night from the lady he's living with. I didn't like the arrangements before, but now I know it's worse than I knew. If what she says is true my son is in a worse place, personally. If not, then the :"home' he's living in is VERY unhealthy for him. Please keep him in prayer. This situation is UGLY either way. I am getting used to not having the combat at my house, but if he wants to move back in I might have to let him by law. I have to do more research. In NY we are legally bound to care for them till 21. But some of my research (and knowledge) states that if they remove themselves out of our roof and from under our control, they emancipate themselves. Either way, how can a mother turn her child away.? I suppose I should cross this bridge if and when I come to it.

On another note, I reluctantly changed scale on sig to reflect the weight this morning... 176 two days in a row! My clothes are fitting differently, some are now too big!

Today, finish the bedroom and relax. Spent yesterday sending out resume's and following up on leads I had.

Have fun hiking Twynn!

Rose, enjoy a day of rest! You deserve it!

Hi Belle!

Wish I could join the three of you cottage, have fun!

Ruth I'm tired just reading your post! hahhahhaa
Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Loriann...that must be difficult. Definately in our prayers.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Glad you had a good day Twynn
Ruth, sounds fun, but maybe you'd better plan to stay in bed on Monday! Too many blueberries is a good problem to have.
cottage, I know, I am so excited!!! Have a fun day.
Loriann, hope the issues aren't too serious. Whenever people ask me what the most difficult age for kids is I say it's 18 - 21 (or whatever age my oldest is at the time). Who knows, I may find that 35 is the toughest age. My mom would probably say that it's 42, as my brother is going through a divorce right now, and she's pretty upset over it. Being a parent is the toughest thing, even tougher when they get older I think. Hope it all works out for the best in the end.
Autumnrose, I love those days too. They rarely come around here anymore. Wish I could remember the last time...

Wow, not so many personals, I finally got in here before the crowd!
Happy Wednesday ladies, not much to report on my end.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Yes Twynn, it is. I've left him in God's hands, and that helps in how I handle my son and his situations.

Thanks schmoodle. I thought the hard part was over, every time I think that I get wacked upside the head and a voice saying "oh yeah?, take this!"

Schmoodle.... back when you challenged me I never thought I'd win getting into the 70s before you! Come on girl, you can do it! But now, key is for me to keep it off! oye vey!

Last edited by Loriann7; 08-13-2008 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Loriann, there's always another hard part in Life. I'm nearly 70 and I get whacked every so often. It keeps us humble.

Now I just have to get on with Real Life!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
Schmoo I love your avatar it makes me smile Every day!
Loriann A hug and prayers for you lady! It can't be easy
Twyn My boss is on Vacay too Its BEAUTIFUL! Get your hike on!
Autumn your day sounds nice!
Belle I'm a writer too what kind of stuff do you write?
Cottage your girls are so lucky to have you!!! You're just amazing. I'm 32 (and far to old to be your grandkid) I'm having substitute Gramma Envy
Ruth. . .Woman Your schedule Tires me out! Give Dis and Hersh a good scratch for me I need a puppy fix!

Me:
May I have a drumroll please? For the first time EVER I resisted Pizza Crust! Pizza and salad at my inlaws last night (they actually get a light cheese pizza) and I decrusted 2 slices and just had the cheese. .. (pizza crust is Kryptonite!)
and and and!
I had a piece of icecream cake put down in front of me and I said "no thank you"
That was really hard and I wanted it really bad.
then we watched a dvd of my neice and nephews swim meet and played American Idol on the Wii. .. I made some ears bleed but it was fun!
HAd to drag DH home from the Olympic viewing the swimming was AWESOME!
Have a great day ladies BBL
Kierie

Last edited by KO; 08-13-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning chickies,

I was hoping to post personals today but we are too busy today at work. The good news is I am wfh today.

School starts in two days just about have all 3 kiddos ready to go, my dd2 starts kindergarten and we just got a letter stating her teacher will not be able to be there for the first day. So I had to explain that to her, I am excited and sad at the same time about her starting kindergarten.

Forgot have a great day Ladies and Matt!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 08-13-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:51 AM   #13  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

KO - wow! you are the woman of steel. Pizza crust is so yummy; props to the in-laws for light cheese....

pearl- are you on the west coast? That seems to be the place where school starts before labor day. My girl starts Pre-K (full time) on the 3rd. Shes excited, I'm a little sad.

Off to get the kids out to camp, the gym, and maybe the pool.

Have a lovely day ladies!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning!

OK twice now I have heard reference to a guy named Matt........Who is this mystery man because I'm missing him, perhaps I am just a dunce!

Ruth good golly miss molly you are busy!

Cottage, Schmoodle, & Nessa I'm sooooo jealous and hope you gals have a great time tomorrow!

Loriann it is harder the older they get, my DS is 21 and is about to drive me to the looney bin. I thought I did right by him and overall he is a good kid but he has alot of growing up to do. Taking him back to campus tomorrow, no tears this time and please don't think I am mean for saying that.

Twynn I wanna go on a butt kicking hike!

Belle, Autumn, Pearl & KO

ME hope to have a calm day, did alot of catching up yesterday and need to prepare for being out tomorrow and charge my cell phone as work will call me atleast 10 times!

Have a great one ladies (and mystery man whoever you are!)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I am so confused and I've re-read everyone's posts 10 times now. Who's Matt?

Morning to Matt and everybody else. So far, I think ketosis is done. Don't have the icky taste in my mouth anymore, at least. I never get to meet anybody from here. (WHIIIIIIIINE.) Just thought I'd throw that out there. Road trip to central IL anybody?

I have inventory again today, and my helper is one who's never done inventory before. Sigh. I think I'm going to leave once it's over though, because we have a LONG day with the picnic tomorrow. I'll be on the clock from 6:30am until we get home tomorrow night. Normally, the 3 hour drive to Chicago isn't so bad, but we have to drive to Decatur to pick up one, then Champaign to pick up another, and then drive up 57 to Chicago and figure out where we're going, to be there by 11. Then we play sports in the sun all day (softball and VOLLEYBALL this year! ) and then drive back to Champaign, Decatur, and home. Fortunately for me, the one driving is my nextdoor neighbor, so he and I just have to roll out of our beds and to his car.

I cannot wait for vacation! I get Aug 29-Sept 7 off, thank the good Lord. I just am in need of a big, non-stressful break. Only breaks I've had have been because of a death.

Well, it's that time again. Time for a shower. Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Closed Thread