Old 08-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #1  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default TBL "We Are Family" Challenge FAQ

Ok Ladies! I have some new stuff sprinkled in here so you returning ladies need to read this over again! I'm sure I forgot a few things but its ok cause I know some of you are gonna be asking ??'s anyway!

Most of these are coming from the previous challenges I've run so feel free to add new questions. I'll try to post answer them as soon as possible

Q: When does the challenge start and when does it end?
A: The challenge starts officially on September 14th and ends on December 13th. I'll start collecting starting weights on September 7th and collect them until September 13th.

Q: Do I have to follow the Biggest Loser Diet plan?
A: No, you can be on whatever diet and exercise plan you are currently practicing or you can start a new one. I can testify that I've been on about 4 different diet plans since I've joined the boards, you try what works and you stick with it.

Q: When will I know what team I'm on? Where will my team post to each other?
A: The teams will be announced on September 13th in the late evening.

Q: Do I have to participate in team discussion and chats?
A: We obviously can not force you to participate. But being on a team means communication and that is key for moving towards a common goal in this challenge. We really are looking for individuals who will check in with their team and participate so we know how you are doing. It's also important to note that in order to be named Biggest Loser, you must participate. Please see Biggest Loser Title Information for a better clarification.

Q: Where do I weigh in? When do I weigh in? How do I weigh in?

A: Two threads will be created, one for each team for their weigh ins. You can weigh in any day of the week just as long as it's before the cut off day and time. You can keep any preexisting weigh in days that you may have already in place. For instance I tend to weigh in on Thursdays or Fridays. For others it may be different. There's a specific format that we use to weigh in (see below) and I ask that once you weigh in that you please do not change your weights. You'll simply be editing the same post in your team's weigh in thread every week so it's all based on the honor system.

Q: What is the format? How do I edit the same post?
A: This is the format for this challenge:

Week 1 (9/14-9/20):
Week 2 (9/21-9/27):
Week 3 (9/28-10/4):
Week 4 (10/5-10/11):
Week 5 (10/12-10/18):
Week 6 (10/19-10/25):
Week 7 (10/26-11/1):
Week 8 (11/2-11/8):
Week 9 (11/9-11/15):
Week 10 (11/16-11/22):
Week 11 (11/23-11/29):
Week 12 (11/30-12/6):
Week 13 (12/7-12/13):

Some people also find it helpful to add the weigh in deadlines to their format to help remind them when the last day to weigh in is.

Week 1 (9/14-9/20): (Monday 9/22)
Week 2 (9/21-9/27): (Monday 9/29)
Week 3 (9/28-10/4): (Monday 10/6)
Week 4 (10/5-10/11): (Monday 10/13)
Week 5 (10/12-10/18): (Monday 10/20)
Week 6 (10/19-10/25): (Monday 10/27)
Week 7 (10/26-11/1): (Monday 11/3)
Week 8 (11/2-11/8): (Monday 11/10)
Week 9 (11/9-11/15): (Monday 11/17)
Week 10 (11/16-11/22): (Monday 11/24)
Week 11 (11/23-11/29): (Monday 12/1)
Week 12 (11/30-12/6): (Monday 12/8)
Week 13 (12/7-12/13): (Monday 12/15)

You can copy these formats from here and post it in your teams weigh in thread. You edit your post each week by clicking the edit button on the lower right hand corner of your post and then add your weight for that week then press save.

Q: What is the cutoff time to weigh in?
A: The cutoff time is every Monday following the week of the weigh in and all weights must be recorded on your weigh in post by 11:59 pm EST. After 11:59 pm the team leaders will review the weights. If we don't hear from you we'll have to take action. This does not apply to the week of September 7th through September 13th.

Q: What holidays are going to be occurring during this challenge?
A: Halloween - Oct 31st
Daylight Savings Time Ends - Nov 2nd (This is not an excuse not to weigh in on time!)
Veterans Day - Nov 11th
Thanksgiving - November 27th (This is not an excuse not to weigh in on time!)

Q: I notice we are playing during sometime that I'm taking vacation. What can I do to keep from being removed?
A: If for some reason you are taking vacation and are unable to weigh in, you need to let your team leader know ASAP. You have the option to either weigh in early, or you can use a freebie week.

Q: What's a "freebie week"?
A: Freebie weeks are weeks were you either you can't get to the computer or something has come up that you can't weigh in. You have 2 of these for the entire 13 weeks of the challenge. So for instance if you can't weigh in, the leaders use your last weigh in as your weight for the week you miss. Once you use both freebie weeks, and you don't weigh in, you'll be removed from the team.

Q: Is there a way to earn freebie weeks?
A: Previously, we had a way to earn vacation freebie weeks during the summer. This no longer applies to this challenge.

Q: I noticed there are a lot of side challenges to participate in. Is it required?
A: None of the side challenges are required, but it's encouraged that you participate to help out your team.

Q: How do you determine a winner / winning team?
A: We base everything off of percentage of weight loss just like the show.

Q: Will there be a Black Team this challenge?
A: No. There are only two teams for this next challenge. In case you do not know, the Black Team leader, Julie aka LondonJulz, is in pursuit of building her own business and is in need of time to devote to that. (Good Luck! ) In light of this, we are reducing things down to two teams instead of hastily placing another leader in charge without the proper review. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Q: Will there be a team for people that can't make the September 6th deadline?

A: No, while we tried this before with the black team, it is difficult to organize late comers into a challenge and have everyone feel the hearty welcome they deserve.

Q: How do you chose who is on what team?
A: Returning members from previous challenges that meet certain requirements have the opportunity to request the team they want to be on. Anyone that doesn't meet those requirements or is new to the challenge is placed on the 2 teams at random to make sure all teams have a similar starting weight.

Q: What's the theme of this challenge?
A: We Are Family, mainly because we want to promote comradery between all of our challenge members! Its also to go along with NBC's new Biggest Loser: Families theme.

Again feel free to post any questions that come along and I'll be happy to add them to this list.

Last edited by chellez; 08-05-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  
Peach

hehe you missed one holiday (and i don't know how many canadians you've got), but canadian thanksgiving falls between this challenge and it's the second monday of october which happens to be - the 13th this year......

and i guess i'd have to ask (as I don't partake in halloween) Lol why is halloween a reason to weigh in late - but not thanksgiving?
Old 08-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm new to 3FC. Would love to join this challenge. Is there anything I need to do now? Or just post my weight in the beginning of September?
Thanks!!
Misty
Old 08-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #4  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist72 View Post
I'm new to 3FC. Would love to join this challenge. Is there anything I need to do now? Or just post my weight in the beginning of September?
Thanks!!
Misty
Since you've already signed up for the challenge, the next step is to weigh in starting September 7th.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #5  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspeach View Post
hehe you missed one holiday (and i don't know how many canadians you've got), but canadian thanksgiving falls between this challenge and it's the second monday of october which happens to be - the 13th this year......

and i guess i'd have to ask (as I don't partake in halloween) Lol why is halloween a reason to weigh in late - but not thanksgiving?
I don't think Chellez was saying that Halloween is an excuse to weigh in late. The weekend of Halloween (which falls on a Friday) is also Daylight Savings time ending. She simply wants everyone to be aware of that and not accidently weigh in too late. I'm sure both team leader will remind their teams of this fact and everything will be alright.

Last edited by Diva; 08-10-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Exactly Diva....this round NONE of the holidays are an excuse to weigh in late. The deadline is Monday 11:59 pm EST every week. Holiday or no holiday week.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #7  
Peach

okay cool! hehe i was just like. hehe that's so strange!! Halloween - and not thanksgiving! i can't wait to get started!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Thanks for the additional information. I think I get how this works.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

This sounds exciting!!! I get that the lady can't do the black team thing because of her business....but can't someone else just lead the black team???
Old 08-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #10  
budding cinephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
This sounds exciting!!! I get that the lady can't do the black team thing because of her business....but can't someone else just lead the black team???
Its more than just "running a team" or "doing a job" in the leaders eyes. Its about communication and with the other various side projects we have planned for this challenge, its imperative that we find someone that can fill those shoes the right way without throwing someone we barely know into the position.

Even though Julie suggested some really strong leaders, its also more than the "feeling out" process that you guys see. We also have to go through the process of getting the new leader promoted on the forums so that they can edit posts, moderate the team etc. This is probably the most time consuming because we have to get the final approval from Jennifer and Suzanne.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Its more than just "running a team" or "doing a job" in the leaders eyes. Its about communication and with the other various side projects we have planned for this challenge, its imperative that we find someone that can fill those shoes the right way without throwing someone we barely know into the position.

Even though Julie suggested some really strong leaders, its also more than the "feeling out" process that you guys see. We also have to go through the process of getting the new leader promoted on the forums so that they can edit posts, moderate the team etc. This is probably the most time consuming because we have to get the final approval from Jennifer and Suzanne.
Ohhhh I get it! Well if Julie suggested some strong people it couldn't hurt to go ahead and get them going and let them do it....that way you have someone who knows how to do it and if Julie can't do the next TBL challenge or maybe someone else can't do one you have someone who is experienced.....everyone needs to start somewhere
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 AM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Okay, I don't think I'm grasping the WI correctly. I WI on Tuesdays, the cutoff time is Monday night. Do I need to change my WI day?
Old 08-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #13  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi Shari. No you do not need to change your weigh in day. The weekly deadline is Monday of the following week.

For example--Week 1 (9/14-9/20). The deadline to post your weight is Monday 9/22.

Last edited by Shay; 08-15-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #14  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Question I feel STOOPID about the weigh ins

Okay, now I get weighed at TOPS on a thursday night. Can I post my weight for that week on Thursday and we will just assume that it is going to be used on the MOnday, or do I have to wait until Monday...omg I hope someone still hopes this dummy is on their team LOL
Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #15  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Hey MollyMom, Welcome to TBLC!
You can post your weight on Thursday if ya want. They do ask that once you poSt it, you do not change it. I was weighing in on Monday's, trying to give myself every ounce of time, but I have since figured out that I tend to screw up a little on the weekends when dude is home eating in front of me. So I am changing my WI day to Friday's.

Hope that helped.