Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #1  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Cool non-annoying instructors?

i get annoyed easily by fitness instructors. whether they are too chipper, cheesy, loud, hyper, deer-caught-in-head-lights-eyed or whatnot they get booted out of the workout room immediately. i thought i'd share my two fav instructors as i don't see 'em much on these boards. i inivite you to make suggestions based on a non-annoying factor as i am looking for new vids.

my two favs:

lighter side i.e. yoga and the like

Suzanne Deason - i love this woman. i have several of her balance ball, yoga, and pilates videos. she doesn't even talk while doing it, it's a voice over. and most of her videos consist of different levels. she's relaxing and at the same time pushes you to the extreme by instructing you on exactly how to isolate your core muscles and breathe. two thumbs up. Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss is good as well as Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss.

crap that is hard to do and therefore = lots of sweat

Tanja Djelevic - i have her Cardio workout and have been doing it for awhile and it still kicks me in the arse. the only thing annoying about her is the ease that she does everything. she's upbeat without being overly hyper. and she doesn't seem like an android like some of these folks. her voice is pleasant as well.

Suzanne Deason has tons of videos so i am set when it comes to pilates and yoga. any suggestions on intense workouts from non-annoying instructors? i do watp as well as leslie is only mildly annoying imho, but have yet to find anyone else when it comes to high impact.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

janis saffell is my favorite she has a bunch of dvds, mostly kickboxing, but also step, pilates and yoga.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #3  
Peach

I have to say the firm ladies. even their accents don't bug me.
i'm glad Tanja doesn't bug - and now i want the cardio workout to go with my Balance Ball one
princesspeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #4  
change

thanks for the suggestions. i see there are a couple firm threads so i'll go through and read up. i'm uber-picky though.

i love tanja's "total body cardio". it's challenging and honestly, i didn't know she had a balance ball workout, so i may just end up ordering her again instead thanks
Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/144/130

Height: 5'5"

Allie Del Rio from The Firm series is excellent. She's too the point and not cheesy.
skinnymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/181.5/150

Height: 5'0''

I do Winsor Pilates. Mari Winsor is a sadist I swear lol. Its like she recorded it in a way that its like she's in my head.. weird.
Crazy Cat Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #7  
change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Chick View Post
I do Winsor Pilates. Mari Winsor is a sadist I swear lol. Its like she recorded it in a way that its like she's in my head.. weird.
thanks! i watched a couple of samples and she's seems to the point. which is a good thing.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnymel View Post
Allie Del Rio from The Firm series is excellent. She's too the point and not cheesy.
Oh yeah, love her!

I know you have a lot of pilates already, but have you tried Ellen Barrett? She actually does a lot of pilates fusion stuff and I tend to consider her more aerobic than anything. I really sweat when I do her workouts, but she's very laid back and calming. She's my favorite, I think.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #9  

Amy Bento and Ellen Barrett don't grate.
cmichele1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #10  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

A lot of people don't like her, but my favorite instructor is Jillian Michaels. Her workouts kick my @ss everytime I do them and she, at least in my opinion, cuts to the chase and dives right into the workout. ...And she's effective; I've built SO much muscle and strength since I started working out with her.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote