Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Couch to 5K Challenge - Week 2!

Yayyy Week 2 is here!

to everyone who stuck with it during week 1 !

Week two is a little tougher but just hang in there you will be glad you did!!

So for week two the plan is this:

Brisk 5 minute warm up walk
Alternate 90 seconds of running/jogging (1 1/2 minutes) with 2 minutes of walking for 20 minutes (total workout 25 minutes)

Again...you can add a 5 minute cool down walk to make your workout total 30 minutes!

Looks like we only have to add 30 seconds of jogging but we also get to add 30 seconds of walking!!! I think we are all strong enough to be able to push ourselves an extra 30 seconds....don't you all?

Good luck!

I'm shooting for four days this week!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #2  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Day one down, and it wasn't too bad.

Well, I did it anyway. The last couple of jogs were more of a slow shuffle, and I'm pretty sure at no point were both my feet off the ground at the same time. But I finished.

I assumed that because I was feeling like I wanted more at the end of week one that this week would be easy. Ha! The first few reps were fine, but 14-15:30 nearly killed me!

Anyway, one down, three to go, then on to week 3. Keep it up girls, we can do this!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #3  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Excited to start week two, I am determined to squeeze it in later. I have a lot of work today, and extra two hours monday, tuesday and thursday, but I'm going to try not to let that get me off my rhythm. Although, I'l be sad to see the music from week 1 go, I was actually getting into it!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #4  

I'm too excited to start week 2

You go Primm for being on top of things and already having day one done!!!!

I'm excited to do day 1 tonight! I gotta find me some pants that don't fall down when I jog though...LOL!!! I have to hold on to my pants while I run...it is quite funny!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #5  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

haha Melissa! I know your srife of finding the proper joggng pants! lol I had the falling down problem.. found a ew pair of jogging pants and now they somehow ride UP and I have a wedgie after every jog session.. lol

Anyway.. starting week 2 today.. im lazy.. but I will do it!!
Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #6  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I've got visions of you running with one hand holding your pants up now, Melissa!

Don't be too excited about me starting ahead, I'm in Australia, so it was Monday the day before you guys.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #7  

I got day one, week two finished today It wasn't too much of a difference. I was running outside.. so I was counting in my head. I shoudl be doing 5 or 6 jogging reps? I did 6 just in case lol

Anyway.. here's to another week of us getting a bit stronger!! waaahoooo!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #8  

Well...I got day 1 of week 2 done! The weather is so fabulous here I'm thinking about finding the podcasts for this and putting them on my mp3 player so I can do this outside!

Good luck everyone....stick with it...I have a feeling next week is gonna be tough!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #9  

Well, I nearly slouched out of starting today. I just had so much to do that I talked my self out of it and decided I would do tues-thurs-sat instead. And then I was sitting here on my couch, done with my work and watching the Olympics and decided that rather than watch other people do work, I should get off my butt and do some my self.

Well, today kicked my butt, but I am glad to be done! I'm just telling myself that in three weeks I'll look back on today fondly...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #10  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I was only able to do week 1 twice last week, so I started with week 2 yesterday, but i'm not quite able to complete the whole thing. It's close to making it... so I'm not going to repeat week 1, I'm just going to try and get one extra week 2 run in this week to kind of even things out.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #11  

I did day 2 week 2 today. I know I keep saying it.. but I feel stronger each day. I feel like I need to up my anti and take longer strides when i jog as I progress. It's hard as it is with me huffing along.. but I really wanna push myself.

I went with the dog today.. i think i tripped over her like 3 times. When I start jogging she gets excited and stars runing infront of me. That's a disaster waiting to happen! hahah

Good job so far everyone! and yeah, Sprkle, Good idea! just add an extra one on this week

Async: It does kick our butts, doesn't it? But as soon as the strife is over.. it feels gooood I dont know about you.. but pushing ourselves in this challenge has opened my eyes to that fact that we are capable f more than we sometimes think!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #12  

Faux: Oh, I definitely agree, we're getting stronger everytime we do this! Even if our pets try to sabotage our efforts ;-p
Old 08-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

is it too late to join the ranks of the couch to 5k challenge? i wasnt sure wether to post in this thread or the week one thread, but can i just join and do the week two regiment?

thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #14  

I havn't done day 3 yet, but it's nly early. It's actually sunny today so I think i will be more of a sweat ball then usual when this is done!

blue: Welcome to 3FC! Yeah.. just follow your heart.. jump on the C25k train! haha Keep us posted on how it goes.

Melissa: Yeah.. I agree with you.. next week.... might make me cry..! hahaha But i'm focusing on getting through this week AND finding some really flat patches of land to do next weeks drill on. Inclines kill me. I can handle it this week.. but maybe not next week right away! lol

Just edited my post to say that I did finish day three today and I am indeed a ball of sweat.

Last edited by mountain mama; 08-13-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

thanks FAUX!!! i am just going to jump into week 2 without doing week 1 because i think that's the appropriate level for me.....on monday i did day one of week one, but today i did day one of week two so i think i'll count those as two of the required three walk/jog combos, does that sound alright?

i was a SLICK of sweat and i lvoed every minute of it!!!

it's a gorgeous day outside....!!!!
Closed Thread