Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Oy. Pool Party.

I have a pool party coming up (maybe) in about a week. Besides the obvious reservations (me+bathing suit), the guy I like will also be there. My main problem area has always been my thighs, which I can cover nicely in jeans and skirts and look fine, but I'm a bit worried about having all of that on display.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know of good thigh work-outs, or conversely good cover-ups? lol.

Is it even possible to tone up my thighs in one week?
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsqlchick View Post
Try a sarong...if you have an hourglass figure they can look really sexy. My thighs have always been a problem area too so I just cover up the lower body in a nice sarong and put my cleavage on display instead; it's a much more valuable asset for me.

My advice exactly. I doubt you can do enough toning of your thighs in a week to make much of a difference.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A nice sarong is pretty - and will make a lot more difference in a week than toning will (takes longer to get results, unfortunately, than you have). I agree that most men are looking at the boobs anyway.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/115/120

Height: 5'1"

In my experience, when a guy is interested he will look at the parts he likes. If he likes your butt, he'll be looking at your butt; if he likes your cleavage, he'll be looking at your cleavage. (and I do the same with guys I'm interested in too--if he has nice arms, all I can look at are his arms. Know what I mean? )Just play up your strengths and make sure you feel good about yourself--your confidence will show!
nakedmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #5  

If only I had a rack... lol.

But that sounds good -- my friend got me a purple sarong from Hawaii ages ago and I've never worn it out. It'll go well with my bathing suit anyway.

Thank you, guys!

I'll try doing squats and lunges as well -- why not?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedmango View Post
In my experience, when a guy is interested he will look at the parts he likes. If he likes your butt, he'll be looking at your butt; if he likes your cleavage, he'll be looking at your cleavage. (and I do the same with guys I'm interested in too--if he has nice arms, all I can look at are his arms. Know what I mean? )Just play up your strengths and make sure you feel good about yourself--your confidence will show!
True enough -- it's that old thing of thinking all men are the same. Plus this guy told me a few times that he hates girls that are "too skinny", so I know he's not expecting me to look like a stick. Plus I just like hanging out with that group anyway.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #7  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the Sarong idea, be confident! If he likes you, he will like you for you not your thighs...
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #8  

It's not that I expect him to fall madly in love with me or reject me based on the size of my thighs; it's more that I'd like to feel confident at any time in a bathing suit, but most especially when around someone I might like to date.

On the other hand, confidence shouldn't come completely from your body, so... *shrug*

Sarong and booze, I guess. lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #9  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I was just about to mentioned booze

Knock back a couple of strong ones and your thighs will be the last thing on your mind at the pool party
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

self-tanners!!!! I've got white, white, white dimply thighs, and even I feel better when my legs are a little darker. Just make sure you exfoliate first, and don't put too much on your knees!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #11  

My problem is I have Irish skin -- it's not only paper white, but then it's shot with awkward patches of pink. Self-tanners turn me a jaundiced/purply shade in corresponding areas. lol.

But I'm thinking alcohol is sounding better and better.

I did find a pair of "Medium" shorts from Old Navy in my closet that finally fit, however, and they're cute -- so I might just use those over the suit.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Let's see... you're 5'8" & 184 lbs.

I'm 5'3" (& a half!!!!!) and 182 lbs.

I'm a beach-going, pool-swimming fool. My thighs are also a trouble spot for me. The best thing I've ever invested in is a SWIM SKIRT. Black, preferably. My favorite is a regular black bottom with an attached crochet black skirt. I always get compliments on it!

And remember... it's a PARTY! - you're there to have FUN! So forget about your imperfections for a day & enjoy yourself!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #13  

True, I know that. It's just hard to plunge right in. I think it's been... four years since I went swimming.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Cut back on salt and alcohol before the event to reduce bloating.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #15  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I've heard that there are spa treatments that help you lose inches temporarily. It's not something I would do, but it might be something some people would consider. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? Anyway, it's just another idea...though not sure if it's worth your money, since it's temporary. I would personally avoid the alcohol, since it makes me overeat every time! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Sounds like this guy likes you anyway, no?
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote