Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'3

Question I plunged on and made my way to the side of the pool.

Im not too sure where to put my thoughts or where exactly in th forum.... so forgive me if it is in the wrong place, and let me know for future

I have been lurking here and there , I have posted in some places but I am trying to find my place here. and I can truly say I am not even sure yet..... I have decided to buy the Beck diet book and research that some more... but in the meantime Im not on any diet plan so to speak, but am trying to portion food and learn more on what the minimal fat and calories intake should be...... any help would be great..... well I am doing my walks but have missed 2 days and tried to make them up with swimming .....diet ideas? or plans?....

today at 9:15am I pulled myself out in my daughters 2-3 sizes too small swim shorts and my friends 1 size too big swim top... I haven't nor wanted to even attempt to try on a bathing suit this year..... and as horrible as I felt about the thought of anyone glancing at me with my swimming suit... makes me feel so vulnerable and does nothing for my self esteem...and confidence.........BUT
I plunged on and made my way to the side of the pool...walked over to the pool..... still wondering if people were peeping at me through their windows ... ( i live in an apt complex and the pool is surrounded by apts.. with full view of the pool (very Close) ......... MIND you there was absolutely NO ONE in the pool but ME... it was difficult even then. but I dipped in and I began my freestyle laps... the pool is 50 meters.... and I successfully completed 25 laps.. with the exception of breaks in between due to my asthma I gave myself 20-30 second breaks before each 3 lap set. which consisted of freestyle, and breast stroke..... I felt good .....when it was all said and done...
I know my next trip to the pool will be just as difficult maybe more so.

I also hope to find a buddy or group that I can relate to and join.

im so new so as u know I can't have a ticker.and I am not sure of what to follow regarding fat and calories and other stuff.....I am on this for now...again any suggestions would be appreciated.

my weight & lil about me are as follows:
34, married with 4 children, all c Sections...ages 12,10, 3 and 2
5'4
Current/193
Goal/150 (happier to get lower)

goal of 30% fats daily
goal of 1200 - 1600 calories daily.

hope to know you all more. thanks
chilenita815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/204/130

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on getting those laps in! I haven't done any water exercises or lapse yet, but would definitely love too. I give you SOOO much credit for doing so because I have the hardest time working out in public. I tried for like the first time ever to walk on the treadmill-I like it! A little self conscious at first because I felt like everybody knows what they were doing and here I come new to it all, but overall a great experience.

Have you done any workout dvds or diets? I'm still new to all this too (no ticker either )
missbrandi808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

chilenita! Good for you for getting to the pool and doing 25 laps! I don't think I could make 25 laps and I don't have asthma. Just be careful that you don't overdo it--the idea is to get into shape, not wear yourself out.

Your goals look good--I'd say, just given your starting weight, that you can probably eat in about the middle of that range (1400) and lose. And, your goal of 30% fat or less is good also. I like the 30%-40%-30% ratio, protein-carbohydrate-fats. Often getting enough protein is the hard part.

How are you tracking your calories, fat, etc.? Have you tried on online tool like FitDay or The Daily Plate? They make it easier.

Good luck to you! Hope to see you posting often.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilenita815 View Post
I know my next trip to the pool will be just as difficult maybe more so.
Nope, it WILL get easier, you just gotta stick at it! I definately recommend the daily plate, I just ignore their silly calorie intake recommendations and use it to keep track of my calories. It breaks down where your nutrition is coming from too, so you can see how much protein, carbs and fat you are having and if you want to know what the biggest contributor of your fat is, you ask it and then you can try and cut it out or minimise it etc
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'3

missbrandi808 thanks you for the oomph I certainly can relate to the "self conscious"... but I give you props for going to the gym... I have been too afraid to attend a regular gym ever!!... I joined Curves which is now closed down... so I am now forced to join a regular gym nearby. and YES DVD's I have beginners, intermediate and advanced Taebo workout dvd... and I can honestly say I so need to be pulled by the hair to get on it....its hard. Diets: I am still trying to find one suitable for me.....

Jay
thank you for the little "Bravo"... made me smile. and your advice I have created a fitday profile.. but don't know how to share it on here.

Iconised Ghost I truly do hope it gets easier.. I believe my problem is more towards my self consciousness and how I feel as a whole...

I look forward to posting some more. I am assuming this is the right spot to share like details and I definitely look forward to getting to know more people.

Mariela
thanks all again
chilenita815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

gosh i wish i had a pool like that i could use!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #7  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats!!!!!

My sister nags me everyday to head out to the pool with her. :/

I feel like a water retaining seacow.
Austons Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

WAY TO GO! Swimming is such an excellent exercise, you did GREAT!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

You have done great!!! You have no idea what I would have done for the opportunity to be able to swim on a regular basis. The thought of you having a 50 m pool right at your apartment complex is making me green with envy!
Don't worry about people looking at you (I honestly don't think they are, but I understand you feeling that way) and keep swimming! Personally, I found swimming to be extremely beneficial to my abdominal area and arms (I swim breast stroke only). It won't be long before you will be falling out of whatever you are wearing now and will have to go get a new swimsuit!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote