Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: 8/9-8/10

Mornin' All!

Happy Weekend!!

Karen, Where do you find these places?? Am I just oblivious?! I'm gonna have to check into it for some weekend.

I have done soo well this week staying on plan! My scale showed a new low of 253.8 yesterday. Of course, my girlfriend and I went to Olive Garden for dinner last night, so I'm sure the scale is up this AM, but I haven't stepped on it yet. I may not bother. Why get frustrated when I know it's salt. I did make a fairly good choice - garlic herb chicken con broccoli w/orricheti pasta. I ate the chicken, broccoli and about 1/2 the pasta. It did have a garlic herb sauce, but it wasn't a real thick sauce, and it wasn't drowning in it. And I did have about 1/2 c. of the chocolate gelato. Just drank water. I had a couple sips of a mango margarita, but it was too strong, i didn't like it. I haven't checked the calorie damage yet, but I'm hoping it wasn't horrible!

We have to take the mutt to the vet for a recheck this AM. He's been fine, no diarrhea, so we're thinking it was some bug or something he ate afterall. We've had him back on his regular food for most of the week, and we've been giving him filtered water.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

Kori, hope you are still enjoying the sunshine.

Karen, sounds like a great trip. love that part of PA, and overnight trips like that are so much fun.

Trish, dunno what's going on with you, doesn't sound so good, but we're here if you need to vent. (((HUGS))) for you sistah!!

Cheryl, hope the wedding (and eating ) went off without a hitch. It's great that you & your ex can get along for your child. Can't wait to hear the results of your weigh-in.

Valerie, hope you have a good time down the shore today. Thinking aobut taking the kiddos for a day next week. I want to find a good one that's straight across form us, KWIM? NOt too far south like OC or SIC. Oh, and as for you chatting with your friend instead of walking, at least you weren't DRINKING 5 CAPTAIN MORGAN'S like I did last night.

300 calories. sheesh. I knew it going in though, had a very light dinner of chicken breast and romaine lettuce salad. Still came up with 1405 calories for the day, within my range, but I'm trying to keep it closer to 1200...no biggie, though, gotta have fun, right??

Today is going to be BEAUTIFUL weather-wise. May take the kids to the park to play, also need to get laundry done. First, I am going to have another cup of coffee.

Hope you all have a super day...talk later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Lauren, You're doing super!!
Cheryl, good for you, girl, I know how weird and complicated that can be!
Pmasci, do you feel like a captain?
Yesterday evening, the sun came out and it was beautiful. I had gardening to do. I had deck staining to do. I could have gone for a walk. I did NONE of these things! I still have a ton of stuff to do! Maybe I can trick myself. (Good thing I'm not too S-M-R-T!) Okay! If I sweep the deck, stain it for an hour, as weather permits, and plant my tomatoes in the garden (they're in big pots now), I can reward myself with, what? A DVD and popcorn? That sounds nice! I'm pretty sure I'll fall for that! Okay, wish me luck!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Kori...haha...forgot about that commercial. Although, I did wake up this AM with a mustache drawn from marker...hmmm.

Lauren, totally for got to congratulate you on the loss!!! Sorry, hon!! I had only had one up of coffee at that point..that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!!!

Back to ironing (it's been staring at me for about two weeks), have to also give my dog a bath/blowdry. Then off to MIL's so the kiddos can swim. I'm thinking it's too cold, but they can tolerate water that I can't, and being that there's not too much summer left, well, gotta get when the gettin's good, eh??

Have a great afternoon, ladies!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Just a quick hi! I gotta hit the shower so I can go pick up DD from her friends. I didn't get out of bed till 1130, it was so nice!

Pam, to cold to swim? What is the temp there? It "cooled" off here, but its still hot, just lower humidity for a few days.

Ive been doing really good about counting my calories, then we went to applebees and I got the damn 3 course meal. Grrrr at myself.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. We spent the day today getting 2 new tires for my van. We ran over something and had a big gash in one. Ugh. We went through so many construction zones there's no telling what it was. .

We are supposed to go to the county fair tomorrow and I just saw that it is supposed to thunderstorm. Grrrr. If that happens I am going to have one upset child. We were going today, but it took so long to get my car done that we ran out of time (it's ride all you want for $15 from 11-4). That's the only way to take kids that love the rides.

Lauren: We occasionally record train shows for Alex and one that we tivo'd talked about Steamtown. I highly recommend it. I bet your boys would have a blast. There is a train fest over labor day weekend. We are thinking about going again. They are bringing in a bunch of "visiting" railroad equipment. The gift shop lady told us that they are having an Italian festival in town at the same time, so there will be a lot to do. Here's a link to steamtown: http://www.nps.gov/stea/ If you guys are interested in going then, let me know. Maybe we can meet/stay in the same place or something. Congrats on the loss! You are doing awesome!

Pam: Hope you got that ironing under control and had a great time at the MIL's swimming. My kids just shiver in the water and keep on going!

Kori: Did you get the deck stained?

Alicia:

OK, gotta go. We ordered out so I gotta go wait for the delivery guy. I'm not even confessing here what we got! Hope everyone is having a super weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Hi, Ladies...

I am new to this board, but wanted to say hello.

I just joined 3FC last week and am doing MRC (Metabolic Research Center) diet. So far I am doing pretty well, but I have a lot to lose so I will need all the help I can get!
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I actually did NOT get the deck stained! I went out a few hours ago to sweep it, and I saw that there was dirt all over the side of the house and on a lot of the deck itself where rain had fallen in some of my plants and splashed soil all over the place. So I hosed it all off, and went under the deck to turn the water off, and it was a mess down there, too, from where the soil had run down the wall, so I had to spray that off, which sprayed soil back UP, and I was at that for an hour or so before i finally got it all cleaned up. And then it started raining. So I guess yesterday, I snarfed up all the sunshine. This is a representation--- I didn't mean to snarf it ALL! Just a little. Promise!
I did get my plants organized before the rain came. And I went to the gym on a free 3-day membership, so I had better get in there tomorrow and Mon, to take advantage. The treadmill is WAY easier than running on the ground!
*** Please Note *** I only snarfed up the sunshine on the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland, nowhere else! If anyone from anywhere else is out of sunshine, there is another sun snarfer at large!!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey all!

Karen, I Googled Steamtown after I posted that earlier post! Told DH maybe we can go out some weekend for an overnight or something. I did see the Italian Festival thing, was it Labor Day weekend, or mid-September? That might be cool! Maybe it won't be 150 degrees then.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #10  

Welcome dla!! I think someone else on this thread is doing that diet.

Just saying hi quick. It's been a busy, busy weekend but it should slow down soon. I have set my week's goals so I am hoping for a loss this week. Have a good Sunday!
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:16 PM   #11  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Hi y'all! I'm new here and just jumping in..hope ya don't mind! I'm Christy, 30, married to DH, David with one beautiful baby boy Aiden who is now 13 months old. I will be starting MRC soon and am here for the support and to make new friends! I am currently at 155-ish and want to be down to 125. I'm only 5'0 so EVERY pound shows! Grrrrr....
I've been an IVillage member for several years and this thread kind of reminds me of DYK over there.....anyhow...please excuse my run-on sentences and addiction to punctuation (esp. exclamation marks and periods!!!)
Looking forward to getting to know y'all! Must get the little one ready for a bday party...I'm off!
chriscrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #12  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

happy weekend everyone. Been pretty busy here, made a list of stuff I want to get done before heading back to school (I teach high school math), it was kind of daunting to look at. Eating has gone better since I have been so busy (I am halfway to my mini-goal!), went to the dr. yesterday about my foot which has been bothering me for a while, turns out I have a strained ligament and the dr. basically said I shouldn't so most of the things I have been doing for exercise. Kinda hard to hear, I will have to do some brainstorming and hope that the rain goes away so I can bike with the kids (one of the few things I can still do). On the up side, I bought a couple of pairs of pants for school yesterday and it was actually a pretty pleasurable experience, my legs have thinned out some from so much exercise!

Rikki, great job making goals and having a positive attitude, I'm sure you'll see a loss this week!

Kori, you make me laugh I think that is why we have had so much rain, someone is snarfing up all our sun!!

dla,

Karen, hope the weather cooperated for you and you made it to the fair.

Alicia, sounds like you got a great night's sleep!!!!!

Pam, glad you and the captain had a good time

Lauren, glad your pup is doing better and congrats on your loss!!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #13  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

we posted at the same time, welcome chriscrossed
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Well, we got rained out!! But we did get in a couple of hours so at least Alex had some fun. His bracelet was definitely worth the 15 bucks. He did the playhouse climber thing about 87 times and the slide 5 times and the swings at least 4 times. Whew, I'm tired thinking about it. Cass and I did the slide 3 times in a row, I felt like I got my exercise in climbing all those stairs!! We were in line for the ferris wheel when the ride beside it caught on fire and the rain started. There were no flames just lots of smoke, but I decided that I did not want to be stuck on the FW if the ride beside it might burst into flames. We let the kids play a couple of games and then it started raining in earnest. We were soaked by the time we made it to the car. It did save us from paying a lot of money for fair food tho! We did buy one cup of Wild Bills Soda and shared it. Have you guys ever had it? It's homemade root beer (including diet), cream, grape and orange soda. You buy the cup for $12 then refill it for free all day. We refilled it three times between the four of us. It was the first time Cass had soda that she liked.

Today is DH's birthday and we have to go to dinner at his mom's tonight. I'm glad we are home early for a rest before we go. Hope you all are having a drier Sunday than we are!!

Toni: We have been watching the Tougher In Alaska show on one of those discovery channels and Wow! I can't believe how different things are up there. What part of Alaska are you in? Not that I will recognize it, just curious. On one episode they said that milk was $9 a gallon in Fairbanks and not obtainable at all in the smaller villages. That is so amazing to me. Milk is a huge staple in my house, I can't imagine having to pay that much for it or not be able to get it at all.

Last edited by KarenK; 08-10-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: missing words!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome newbies! It's great to have you here!!!

We had a blast down the shore yesterday... I am exhausted!! We made good time getting down there and spent about 5 hours on the beach in North Wildwood before heading over to Cape May for dinner at The Ugly Mug and then fudge and a new hermit crab named Captain Mey!! LOL

I am so tired today I slept until 11AM (I did manage to drag my a$$ out of bed at 7:30 to drive DS to work tho) and have been layng around like a wet dish rag almost all day. It's raining here and dreary.

We are getting out replacement furniture delivered sometime between 4-8 today so we cleaned the living room today and behind the current furniture so we didn't have to do it when the delivery men came. The delivery is coming from the company my DH works for so we know everyone and would be embarassed by the accumulation of scary things behind our couch!! LOL Pathetic I know... LOL

We bought new furniture in January and it was starting to sag... Very disappointed, we asked to return and reselect. We even had to return the coffee and end tables because they did'nt match what we had originally picked. So today we get all new stuff... again.

So, I didn't have the best eating weekend but I'll get back on track tomorrow. Well, today has been OK but tomorrow will be back to normal...

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote