View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
yoyonomoreinvegas

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I'd say, it depends on your eating history. If you have any ED behaviors in your past, you have to be careful about being "not hungry." Good luck! Jay
This is very true. If, like me, you've been a chronic dieter you may have taught yourself not to recognize hunger. I went through a similar dilemma when I was just getting started on *clean* eating - I went from eating very little food that was totally crappy stuff to (what seemed at the time) a huge volume of the good stuff and had to practically force myself to get in even 1000 calories because I felt like I was stuffed all the time. What really helped me was strict planning of my meals and making sure I got 75 to 80% of my calories in before dinner. In the beginning, I had to set the alarm on my cell phone to remind me when to eat but my body has begun adapting to my new schedule and now lets me know in no uncertain terms that it's time to feed it

I will still occasionally have a particularly busy day and may miss a snack or end up with an abbreviated lunch and fall a little short of my target calories but I treat it exactly the same way as if I go a little over - I don't worry about making any adjustment the next day other than paying closer attention to making sure I'm right back OP.

Dieting is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote