South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #1  
slow and steady?

S/C/G: 260/234/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Finally! Soda in the US made with Stevia!

If anyone's interested, it's Zevia.com. (I think this stuff is pretty new, they are apparently the first company in the US to come out with stevia sweetened softdrinks)

They have a deal right now where you can get a variety 6 pack mailed to you for just the price of Shipping and Handling.

I was surprised at the number of stores in my area already carrying it as well.

I ordered one- I'll let you guys know how it is
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! I hope they distribute in Canada soon.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

just for those with ragweed allergies remember that stevia is related to ragweed.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cool, and it looks like the NYS Wegmans and Hannafords have it. And I'll be in NY next week. I also discovered there's an Aldi's on my way so I'll be doing some shopping in my travels
Old 08-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #5  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I love stevia! When my dad dated this hippie freak with a healthfood store (I say freak 'cause she was crraaaazzy), she always had bags of stevia (unfortunately, along with bags of something else) and I would make delicious cookies with it (this was way before South beach, but I used whole wheat flour, pure cocoa, the stevia, and then dark chocolate chips and they turned out delicious. Maybe I should figure out how I made it and post on the dessert forum for phase 2.) Yeah man, stevia's good stuff.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 148/133/125

cool! i couldn't resist and ordered some too!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
just for those with ragweed allergies remember that stevia is related to ragweed.
Darn. I did not know that.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #8  
Determined to lose!

Personally I dont care for any soda except the occassional gingerale when not feeling well! I* used to be addicted! Now I can't bare it. I recently bought a can, took a sip and dumped it down the drain! what was I thinking???

Give me my polar springs water!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #9  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'll have read the ingredients on the can before I get excited about it. They indicated that they sell it at Whole Foods so I can go over there and check it out.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Mer View Post
I'll have read the ingredients on the can before I get excited about it. They indicated that they sell it at Whole Foods so I can go over there and check it out.
Not all Whole Foods stores sell it--it's not available at a Whole Foods near me. There is a product locator on the qebsite. Also, you can find the ingredients on the weibsite as well. You can enlarge an image of the label on the can large enough so you can even read it right on the can if you don't trust the website.

I haven't tried Zevia yet because even with the "only for the cost of S&H," the price was outrageous to order it (something like $30). Now that I see they carry it at the new Wegman's near me, I'll have to look for it next time I'm there. I'm assuming it's in the aisle with the supplements and stuff, not with the other sodas, since it has to be marketed as a supplement since stevia is not an approved food ingredient in the US.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #11  
Bonjour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Not all Whole Foods stores sell it--it's not available at a Whole Foods near me. There is a product locator on the qebsite. Also, you can find the ingredients on the weibsite as well. You can enlarge an image of the label on the can large enough so you can even read it right on the can if you don't trust the website.

I haven't tried Zevia yet because even with the "only for the cost of S&H," the price was outrageous to order it (something like $30). Now that I see they carry it at the new Wegman's near me, I'll have to look for it next time I'm there. I'm assuming it's in the aisle with the supplements and stuff, not with the other sodas, since it has to be marketed as a supplement since stevia is not an approved food ingredient in the US.

They have it at my Whole Foods according to the store locator. It's not that I don't trust the website, I missed where they posted the ingredients. I went back and read it, and they seem okay to me. I'd be willing to try it if it isn't too expensive. If I do, I'll post my review. Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #12  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

according to the website it's not no where near me - darn
Old 08-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #13  
Bonjour!

Well, I bought a 6 pack of the cola flavor just to try it, since I'm a long-time stevia user. A 6-pack at Whole Foods was $6.99, yikes. I no longer drink soda, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I wasn't crazy about it, and for the price, I won't be purchasing it again. But I could see where it would be a great alternative to Diet Coke with its artificial sweeteners.

I won't be trying the other flavors unless someone gives them to me for free!

Last edited by Belle Mer; 08-08-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #14  
slow and steady?

S/C/G: 260/234/150

When I looked it up on the Zevia website it said there wasn't anywhere in my town to buy it, but I found some at my coop today and tried it.

It does have a tiny bitter aftertaste, but I don't mind it. I'm trying to cut down to only one diet soda per day though, so the price isn't too bad if I stick to that.

I'll definitely be buying more
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, how exciting!

I have great respect for you non-soda drinkers , but I've been drinking diet soda since I stopped drinking "me mother's milk!" Well, almost that long. Really. I drink tons of water during the day, but I have to have something flavored with meals, and I'm not thrilled to be consuming that much Equal every day!

Thanks for finding out where it is, Cyndi...I'll be checking Wegman's next week!
Closed Thread