South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Happenings On the Beach

Good morning! I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee before I wake up Carley. My engine light came on in the car yesterday, and while it runs fine, I'm taking it to the shop first thing. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't a costly repair! I have a lot going on this month, and am trying to save a few dollars!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage. Seems like most of the time that check engine light comes on for a sensor that needs to be reset. Here's hoping it's something that small this time.

Today is a work at home day. I've got a few projects I want to tie up before going on vacation and will be trying to get those completed. It's supposed to be rainy again. Should have grown rice this year!

What's everyone else up to?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Wow, can I really be #3 today?
Good morning to all.
Woo-hoo, the weekend is almost here. I'll be so glad to get past tomorrow.
cottage, you will need those $$ for Green Dragon!
Cyndi, good luck with the niggles. When do you leave?

Just a regular day here.
I made a yummy spur of the moment dinner last night (forgot to thaw my chicken). I sauteed chopped eggplant, onion, green pepper, and garlic, added some Old Bay Seasoning and added some canned diced tomatoes, salt and pepper, let simmer a bit, then folded in half a pound of crabmeat I needed to use up. Maybe just because I didn't eat until 8pm, but it was really good. I got suckered into helping the girls sort through their closets last night. We've got some bags for Goodwill, so that's some progress I guess.

Have a good one chicks.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!

Cottage, I hope it's something the car people can easily fix. Car repairs=no fun!!!

Cyndi, Have fun getting those projects tied up...where are you going on vacation? I wanna go!!!

Me: Yesterday was brutal 8 hours sitting on a hard folding chair in a workshop. 1/2 break for lunch (like the day before it was supposed to be an hour!) I ended up dashing to the nearest grocerty store that was close to the school where the workshop was being held and grabbed a box of triquits, some humas and grapes...some lunch, huh? Today I am prepared with spinich and chicken salad on top.

The rotten thing is that I found out that workshop was only the first of a series of 4 and the last 3 are all being held on Saturdays. The last one will be on my birthday. What a rotten way to spend a birthday!! Ah well...

Today will be the last day to work in my room after a faculty meeting that lasts till 10. Tomorrow the kids come....ack!! I think I have it all together, but I'm sure that there is something I missed!

Hope everyone has a super day.

*** Good morning, Schmoodle..we were posting at the same time. That recipe sounds wonderful!!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-07-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hey there! Been a theater day for me... ( I work 2x a week in a 500 capacity theater)... Helping getting it cleaned and I need to go over shortly and help folks get costumes for a skit they are doing. I'm also cleaning up around the house. Tomorrow we're having a 08-08-08 Potluck dinner. We've had then every year since 02-02-02!.... 12-12-12 will be my parents 45th wedding aniversary... It's been fun introducing the concept of potluck dinners to India.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We slept in until 6:30 this morning but I have my coffee.

Cottage, those darned lights! I hope it's just a reset. I had a similar problem that took ages to fix and drove around with tape over the light for a while.

CyndiM, I'm sure you and Julie will have a great time, even if it does rain. Are you true-blue campers in tents?

Schmoodle, you just gave me an idea for dinner! I have partially cooked eggplant in the freezer and all the other things on hand and will do that dish with shrimp tonight. (The only kind of crab around here is canned and it's awful!)

Cat, good recovery for lunch yesterday but planning for today sounds better. They sure are inflicting long meetings on you. My butt hurts just reading about it.

Indigirl, isn't theatre work fun? I did it years ago and enjoyed every moment. An 8-8-8 party sounds like fun. Isn't 8 a lucky number in China - lots of weddings today.

Well, the news wasn't good at the vet yesterday. Disney is just fine but Hershey has multiple problems - a bladder infection, eye problems, elbow sores that won't heal, a coat that's falling out and she's lost more weight. From 60 to 50 pounds in less than six months is not good given that she eats very well. She's got lots of meds and ointments, we did full bloodwork and she is going to have her fur clipped way down so we can see what's going on with her skin. I've retired her from pet therapy for a while. Poor baby!

Today was supposed to be rainy again but it's fine so far. It didn't even rain overnight although I could see and hear storms all around us. I just might get to some more garden work. Of course there's always quilting if it rains.

Need breakfast and more coffee. The dogs are already fed. You know who comes first around here.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, back again, now I'm just procrastinating!
Ruth, I thought last night it would be great with shrimp. Or crab AND shrimp. Or fish. Or chicken (although I'm getting a little burned out on chicken). You are smart to stay away from the canned stuff. Forgot to say I also threw in a little quinoa. Enjoy! Poor Hershey, that's a lot of weight to lose. Hope they figure it out soon and treat the poor baby.
indigal I love your potluck idea. I had forgotten that tomorrow is 080808. Do you think that's a good omen or bad (like Friday 13th)?
Have a better day today Cat.
cottage and Nessa, I took next Friday off. Got my parents lined up to watch the kids too. I told them where I was going and they are concerned that you plan to kidnap me and sell me to a sex ring. If that's the case, would you please let me know so I can be sure to shave my legs?

Okay. Must. Face. Work. NOW.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-07-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Schmoodle, too funny! We all know you are really a sex-crazed 15 year old boy on drugs. Have fun with Cottage and Nessa - and take pictures! (I live vicariously!)
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Cottage, Hope your car repair isn't like mine was yesterday! Brought it in for oil change and inspection, walked out with that plus two new tires, new brake pads, front end alignment and a payment of $499.04!!!!!! Being unemployed that hurt! (Luckily I had it in the savings.)... but there goes my couch!

Cyndi, Are you sure I'm too far west? Do you go by Canandaigua at all?

Schmoodle, You faired better than I do when I fail to know whats for dinner and dethaw whatever it is! Nice job!

Femme, How rude of them to make you work on your birthday, on a saturday!

Indi, What a neat idea, 8/8/08 pot luck... never heard ofone for that reason!

Ruth How old is Hershey? Poor thing. I take it she's a chocolate lab? 50 lbs is way to low! I have a black lab that weighs that but for her it's fine, she's small! Vet couldn't believe how small, but he says she's one of the healthiest he's seen! So sorry for her!

Me, Unless someone calls for an interview I'm planning on getting some more work done around the house! A quick clean up in the main area, ie the kitchen, living room, den and bathroom shouldn't take more than oh, half hour. Then its into my room for the ultimate clean up! I have clothes in there I haven't touched in years! OUT they go (again.) I also need to move the couches and clean behind them so that when my friend comes for the couch I wont be embarrassed.

I woke up thinking about the place I interviewed at yesterday. This is not something I've ever done before! No, I don't have my hopes up, but I really would like to get this job! All in the Lord's hands!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Loriann, Hershey is a black Portuguese Water Dog. She is called Hershey because she's from Hershy PA. Her show weight was 45 pounds but that was in her girlhood before she had four litters of pups.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default gonna try personals:

Loriann: good luck with the interview i hope you get the job you want. I know the feeling well. i've got my fingers crossed about this great job in NC... not a chance i can get it but i really really want it.

Schmoodle you know me. I'll keep you as my own sex slave HA-HA. sheesh did you tell mom and dad We've MET before??? do they want my name address and SSN?

Ruthxxx I'm so sorry Hershey is so sick. Bagel fell down yesterday again... oy.

indigal HI!

femmecreole actually hummus grapes and triscuit sounds PERFECT for lunch... if only i could keep it as lunch and not call it a SNACK

CyndiM hey you! have a good one

cottagebythesea ugh on the engine light. mine has been on for months. I need a new catalytic convertor... in my car that's about a grand... I do NOT have it. I'm driving this way pretending the car is fine. if it dies, oh well the car is 5 years old as it is...

Me: same old same old...work work work swim swim swim, eat eat eat and sleep sleep sleep. i'm working extra every day so I can use credit to take off next friday... no leave for me.. i feel better that way.... and we will have just gotten bri's unemployment check so i'll have money for produce...
Old 08-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11

GOOD MORNING ALL! I am thrilled to report my SB headache is gone! That is the wonderful but the best news is I weight myself this morning and was SHOCKED to see I was 288.3 lbs. I started at 299 exactly. Holy explative! I am totally excited.

Cottage- hope the care repair is nothing major!
Femme- folding chairs stink, so sorry!
Indi- how fun! Great idea!
Ruth- so sorry Hershey isn't doing well. Poor thing.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. Thought I'd be ready to go back to work but I'm not, and I have no choice. At least I only have to work today and tomorrow. I'm not sleeping, and having a hard time when I eat (stomach hurts after.) I know it's all grief and stress, but I just can't seem to shake it. I'm just so tired. I really do look kind of like this only with larger bags under the eyes.

Hope all you girls have a good day. I'm going to try to start getting ready for work.

Lisa
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #14  
Determined to lose!

Nessa, will be praying for you!

WEEZLE! hugs hun! so sorry your having a hard time!

Autumn Rose, Glad you hung in there through the headache! CONGRATS on the loss. Please be sure not to get discouraged. Alot of that is water weight and when you move into p2 you will NOT see it move that quickly! But the important thing is to be eating healthy!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Good morning! I'm enjoying a quiet cup of coffee before I wake up Carley. My engine light came on in the car yesterday, and while it runs fine, I'm taking it to the shop first thing. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't a costly repair! I have a lot going on this month, and am trying to save a few dollars!
Haven't read through, so this may have already been suggested. Have you recently purchased gas? If so you may not have put your cap back on tight enough. Loosen it, put it back on and make sure it is on tight. If it is the gas cap sensor the light should go off after driving a short distance. It could just be the seal isn't tight, I had that happen a couple of times. The last time it happened I couldn't get it to go away, turned out to be a problem with the cap, no problem since they replaced it. Hope that helps
Closed Thread