Old 06-20-2002, 09:26 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default We're Fixin' to meet in the South, Ya'll come, Ya hear!!!

Okay guys, are our plans getting any closer to a reality???

Are we doing Stone Mountain Park the weekend of July 19th???

Come on folks, I'm getting itchy!!!

Debbie
Old 06-20-2002, 12:43 PM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Angry

I know that I am flying into Atlanta on the 19th!! And unless I get lost in that vast airport I've heard so much about-I hope to meet up with some chickies!

I've held off on the lodging hoping someone made a decision! But I might just reserve the Marriott weekend getaway I mentioned.

Deb~I'm like you with the "hotel snob" feeling. But it really depends when I apply it! If I know I'll be spending little time in the room I'll go for the lesser rate. Or, if DH is real sweet and we do a get away I go for the luxury and frills!

Come on ya'll.....anyone made some decisions?!!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:48 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CArolina in the summertime?

Try me November to March!

Actually I'd love to go but am just too tied up this summer.
Old 06-20-2002, 03:21 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Nuthin could be finer than to be in Caroliner in the morning,
Nuthin could be sweeter than my baby when I meet her in the morning !

Sorry couldn't resist.

I SOUND OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 03:36 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Hey guys, Ruth and Leens, Stone Mountain Park is in Hotlanta, good ole' GA.

It could be quite toasty! But the hotel has a pool, just for Jiff.

MamaJ, the airport is very big and busy, but you will be fine. Will you be renting a car, if not, I will be glad to pick you up. Just let me know.

I think the Marriott will be the best place to stay, it's right in the park, and it's a nice place to boot.

Debbie

Last edited by debkay; 06-20-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking I'm in like Flynn!!

I can do this!! Whooppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I can drop dd off at grandma's to spend Friday night so I can leave bright and early on Saturday morning. I guess it takes 4 or so hours to get there?? Anyway, then we can spend all day gabbing and EATING and then I can leave that night and come home realllllllllllllllllly late. Then on Sunday I can go pick up dd. That's doable, right?

What time should we plan to be there? Where should we meet? I'm dying for it to hurry up and be time to go!!
Old 06-20-2002, 07:20 PM   #7  

I'm In!

ummmmmmm? Jiff? Are we leaving on the 19th or the 20th? I am assuming (oh! I just LOVE that!) that the Marriot is our choice?

AND DEBKAY!!!!! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COOK OR SWEAT OR WORK OR DO ANYTHING EXCEPT LET US ENJOY YOUR COMPANY!!!

although I would enjoy a tour of some kudzu over grown thing! kudzu amuses me! I wonder why?

tea is cold? always?

what else do I need to know? Do I have to wear a dress anywhere? black shoes are they a major fo paw? (sorry, couldn't help it!)

Does my purse HAVE to match my shoes? Do my nails HAVE to match my toes? Do my lips HAVE to match my nails and toes? Have I had too much sugar today?

I am feeling pressured!!!!!

peach
Old 06-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

peachie I only have one thing to say, when we visit the pool we MUST be in full make-up, after all you will be in the south. Full make-up is required by all the southern belles, before going to the pool. LOL I'm really kidding. But, our first year living down here, we went to our neighborhood pool and I was very surprised to see ladies in full make-up and big hair.

yep, tea in the south is cold and usually served sweet, unless you ask for unsweet.

I'll have to find a big patch of kudzu. The vine you can't kill, so in the south we say, if you can't kill it celebrate it.

Anybody ever heard of Stone Mountain Handbags? This is where their from.

I'm getting so excited!!

Peach and Jiff, try to come in on Friday, if you can. Even if it's later in the day.

Debbie
Old 06-20-2002, 08:44 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

sssshhhh don't let this get around, but it looks like i can get off on the 19th....

everything's a ok.. stone mountain, marriott... chick poolside hangout... debkay in a bathing suit in the pool learning to swim.. lots of tea with fake sugar.

and i'll skip the kudzu tour, if ya'll don't mind.

oh. and one more thing. janice. you're only allowed 15 minutes of tears. that's all. use them wisely!!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #10  
Senior Chicky

Angry Awww Jiff~~

Only 15 minutes? Who told I was such a mush? I'm sure I'll cry with the hi's AND the bye's!!!

Deb-I'm not sure which Marriott yet (don't forget I still have a weeks worth of get away expense going to SC)-if a shuttle to the hotel isn't available I planned on renting a car.

Has anyone made their reservations yet?

I'm feeling the pressure too Peach! My finger and toe colors match - does that help? Yes, I do full makeup ! Purses and shoes matching? A dress? double But, what to wear, what to wear!!! Deb~what's the styly thing out there? I doubt if my daily frump wear will be acceptable!

This is so exciting!

Janice

A bathing suit????????? You're kidding, right?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Ta-da!!

I love the internet!

http://www.marriott.com/epp/default....rshaCode=ATLEG

That's the link to the Mariott at Stone Mountain park. It's got photos of the rooms and the scenery! Wow!!!!

The best part is: 24 hour room service and indoor AND outdoor pools with jacuzzis!!!!

There's info for reservations and everything, so check it out chicks!! See you there.

PS The nifty map they provided with DIRECTIONS FROM MY HOUSE said driving time about 3 hours. What a breeze!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:35 PM   #12  

Default OMG - Ya'll are gonna have so much fun!

*pout* I sure wish I could come!!! But all my summertime travel bucks are being spent on a certain 13 year old's Traveling Tournament Team!

I can't wait to see pics, tho! I really enjoyed the ones posted from the last RLM (real life meeting).

Kel
Old 06-21-2002, 07:26 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm with Ruth!!

Look for Ruth and I sometime in the winter. I'd love to see Georgia. You chickies will have a ball!!
Old 06-21-2002, 06:56 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

Sorry for buttin in but I couldn't keep my nosey Southern mouth out of this one!!!

PEACHIE...you've forgotten the most important thing to tell these YANKEES DON'T FORGET THE BIG HAIR!!!!

You all will have the best time...I'll be over in Greenville S.C. enjoying the mountains...I'll be thinking about you...

ENJOY

BOB
Old 06-21-2002, 07:05 PM   #15  
Senior Chicky

Talking WAIT !!! STOP!!! BOB !!!

How in the world can you say you'll be over the mountains in Greenville, SC!!?? THAT'S WHERE MY ORIGINAL DESTINATION WAS!!

My parents & brothers live in Easley!!! I'm flying into Greenville and I'm driving from Greenville to Stone Mountain and back to Greenville before flying back to Houston!

TALK TO ME GIRL!!!! SURELY YOU CAN AT LEAST MAKE IT FOR ONE DAY????????????????