Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #53

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-06-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Happy Wednesday and all that jazz. I need to dash, big moving day at Baby Sisters house, figure the plan is to throw everything on the U-Haul without being packed. lol 1/2 the house is ready.....*eyes roll*.

Last month of summer!! Hope to get to goal this month if I stop fooling around w/ carbs and no exercise. I did sleep good last night because Rach was gone. Finished my book and it finally cooled off outside.

*sigh..........anyway, trying to get the water in today. I really don't want to help move but seems to be what I am doing today.

So, hope you all are having a super day!!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hola ladies!!!

I'm taking a break from cleaning the closet. I'm covered in sweat right now..its so gross. I'm gonna take a much needed shower when I'm all done.

Omg..so me & Fonzo are offically bookworms. I always knew it was true, but its been confirmed. We have enough books in our entire place to have our own library. I'm going to save ONLY my fave books and donate everything else. I seriously do not wanna keep all those effin books.

I found sooooooooooo many old stuff in the closet too, lol. Stuff that I had when I was a teenager!! And stuff that I haven't seen in 3 years. I'm gonna keep most of my teen stuff..but get rid of everything else. Ugh...I dunno why we have so much crap.

Oh...and I think I might have carpel tunnel (spl?). My hands & wrists have been killing me non stop. It seriously hurts to move my thumbs too. I had to buy those support thingies for both of my hands!! So I look all pathetic when I have them both on, lol. I mostly wear them at night, cuz thats when the pain is the worst. Speaking of pain..my back & shoulders have been kiling me too. I'm falling apart at 23. Thats so not cool.

Oh and Fonzo is no help anymore. So I figure, if you wanna get something done, then you just gotta do it yourself. Which is why I'm cleaning the closet while he takes a nap. He doesnt even work long hours anymore. ****, he doesnt even WORK anymore. He just goes to the ship to sit down. Then he comes home and sleeps all freakin day and then goes to his computer. I've been the one doing everything while his lazy bum does nada. The only thing he does, is take the trash to the dumpster, and calls up all the important people. I stay up longer than him, I do much more stuff, I'm freakin tired, I'm sweaty all day long, my body is beyond sore. And on top of everything else..I'm seriously PMSing. I have major cramps (sometimes I cant even sit up..but I have to force myself to), my boobs are so far beyond just being sore. If anything accidently touches them, then I'm crying in pain. I swear to God..I'm gonna pop a grey hair or a wrinkle soon. Ugh!! Oh..I keep having massive massive headaches too. They're so bad its almost blinding. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I wish I had some help around here. But whatever..I'm done asking.

I dunno..maybe I shouldnt complain so much. He's gonna be doing all the driving. So I guess I could do all the cleaning. Lets just say its the PMS talking, lol.

One thing is for sure though. Fonzo owes me a gift certificate to a spa!! One where I can take a friend and spend the night there!!! I want a massage, facial, hot stones, waxing, etc.

Okay..back to cleaning. He's gonna wake up in half an hour to make himself useful.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 08-06-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #4  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies- Sorry I havnt been on ina few days. We had some crazy things happening with the power so I couldnt get on then and ANdrews mom has been out of town for a month because his cousin was in a really bad car crash. He was fully ejected and is had plates put into the majority of his face below the eyes. He has some brain trama but no injuries if that makes sense. He is really lucky considereing. They thought he wasnt even gonna make it to the hospital. Looks like things will be ok just a long recovery because the goof didnt wear a seat belt. Anyways Andrew's mom was up there until yesterday and she finally came home. Its been crazy this week. Me and Andrew have a compitition going. Who ever reaches goal first gets whatever they want. He wants to loose 30 pounds and I want to loose 2 more sizes. He will probably beat me but....if it gets him on the wagon then fine. He wants nothing more than to lose weight. so I figure I could loose a challenge for that.

Moving is never fun. Yuck

Francie- I am sorry your stuck in this by your self. I hate it when guys are like that. Arg!!!

Susan- I have never helped anybody move but my self. I am not the least bit upset by that. I hate moving. Hopefully it isnt too too bad.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Francie - pms and moving...what a combo. lol Just take it easy, can't be as bad as my sisters place.

which btw - I packed her kitchen and that was it. I was out of there. Like I mentioned before nothing was packed and she has known a year she was going to have to move. And she let her 14 year old go off and play at her girlfriends house today while I dragged my girls over to help. So, I did the min. and left. lol

Asia - I can pack pretty good, I need help w/ the furniture and stuff. My father always hired men to do that for me when he was alive. I have moved 6 times in 7 years, so I have thrown a lot of thinsg out that I don't even use and such. Anyway - good luck on the competition between you and Andrew!

to Crsitina, Mindee, Katy, Sue, Sassy, Jules, Tammy, and Carla!!

Did I miss anyone?? Hope not.

Think I am going o go clean my closet now that Francie mentions it.....lol.

chat tomorrow.

G'night
Old 08-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Sue & Mindee - You wrote that you weren't feeling well, hope you are feeling better tonight.

Cristina- You wouldn't *itch at V, would you ?? Hope you had a good day!

Katy - Still have to go look at your zumba link, hope you are surviving this heat!

k- going to get busy!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello....Hot and humid here today. I managed 3 miles this evening. I did run errands and went for a haircut today after the stomach started feeling better. Don't know what that was caused by...but it is better.

I'll be back tomorrow. Hi to you all.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hi Chickies

Hello All.

Well tonight is a much brighter and calmer day. I have fell off the wagon a bit...........but I am not worried. I will just climb right back on! I think I have been doing pretty good so one day is not so bad I don't think. I still have to get rid of the pop. Which will begin tonight and I'm working, so this is a big test. I have a pop now, but it won't last me all night long. So at some point I will have to drink water.

My DH is an enabler. He bought me one of my all time favorite things --- DBL Stuffed Oreos! He brought them to me at work, so I am SHARING in hopes they are all gone by the time I leave in the am! lol.

Oh and I FINALLY went and got my blood drawn (A1C (Tests Blood Sugars for 3 months), Cholestrol) so that should make my dr happy, he has been harping on me to get that done for a long time now. I have a feeling though he won't be too happy to see the results of them though. I have a feeling they won't be all that great. I have been doing well, but I don't think its been well enough, at least to where I "Should be". But you never know I guess. I will find out the results on Friday. So I will let ya know. I am figuring the worst so if its better than I won't be devestated. I am thinking he'll be putting me on insulin. I know, I know DBL Stuffed Oreos are not good for me, but I do limit them. I only had 4 last night and I have so far had 4 and I hope that will be all for tonight!!! I hope my coworkers inhale the rest!!!

But I WILL do better. I have to have a serious talk with DH. He does the grocery shopping. He needs to stop buying me "goodies" that are not good for me. I know he does it because he wants to make me "happy" but its not doing me any good. Not that I am blaming all on him mind you, I know I am just as much to blame, if not more.

I have got to get addicted to veggies some how. Any tips, recipes, etc on making veggies more yummy without adding any fat or sugar, lemme know.

I still have to buy me an organizer to get myself organized and write down everything. Oh I know I can just write it down on a piece of notebook paper or on the notepad on the computer, but I seriously do want to be better organized.

Oh and DH has a interview tomorrow for a job!!! Keep your

Suzy Q -- UGH moving. I hate moving. lol. But hey just look at this way -- its good exercise! lol. I need to get on the ball myself. Not just for WL anymore, but for my health. If ya wanna "buddy up" lemme know. I need someone to give me a swift kick once in a while! lol.

Francie -- All hot and sweaty eh? Sure you were only "cleaning" in the closet? Big My DH has been lazy here lately too. Our apt is an absolute mess and he is currently not working. I am like, "What do you do while I sleep during the day and while I work all night?" lol. Aw well. If I was closer, I'd come and help ya!!!

Asia -- Sorry to hear about your cousin, but I'm glad he's ok. Good luck on the competition!

Sue -- You go girl!!! How do you do 3 miles???? I'd be lucky to do even one!!! You are doing great!!!

Cristina -- Where R ya chicky?

Hi to everyone!!!

Big to all that need it!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in to see how every one is doing..

my monster headache from last night went away. so I am happy about that.

speaking of cleaning closets, we need to clean ours out. we have agreed on the last weekend of this month for the yard sale. Tommy realized that it is actually Labor Day weekend, so he is hoping that that will boost people coming over. we have this wagon that we have been trying to get rid of.

Just for grins and giggles, let me know what you think about this. We have one of the wooden radio flyer wagons with the detachable wood sides on it. We looked online and saw that they were selling on Walmart.com for over $100, so we put it on craigslist for $70 I think to start with. We now have it for $50 and still no bites. One of the maintenance guys here say it and I told him that if he wants it he can take it. Tommy said that he will sell it to him for $45. Is that a reasonable price?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

Asia~Wow..I hope Andrew's cousin gets better quickly. That sounds so painful. Good luck with the competition!!

Susan~I'm pretty sure my place is worse. We've known for a long time that we'll be moving, and did nothing about it, lol. And we're doing it all in like 14 days, lol.

Sue~What does your hair look like now??

Sassy~My dh is an enabler too, lol. He brings home all the wrong foods for all the right reasons (aka PMS, to cheer me up, etc), lol. And YES...I'm pretty sure that the sweating came from just cleaning..LOL!!! Notice how I said..pretty sure..hahaha!!

Mindee~My friend wants me to save my books, so I can sell it at her yard sale, lol. I hope they sell, and whatever doesnt, then I'm just gonna give to the goodwill. No clue on the radio flyer..but I used to have one when I was little, lol.

Well..I'm pretty much done with the walk in closet. I just have to vacuum and organize in there. Then tomorrow I'm gonna work on the closet in the entry way. We have 5 closets in this place!! Dang, lol. All of them are filled with crap..LOL!! We're such pack rats..we're gonna end up on Oprah, lol.

Anyhoo..things with the hubby are better now. I told him that if he does the bedroom by himself and without complaining. Then he can either buy some Wii points (or whatever its called) or a brand spakin new Guitar Hero. And I told him that if he complains even once, then he doesn't get it. So hopefully he'll be a good boy and clean, lol.

Okay..I'm gonna chill out and watch some tv. Only 14 more days until we leave this state. 14 more days of having no a/c!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Wink Francie and Mindee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post

Sassy~My dh is an enabler too, lol. He brings home all the wrong foods for all the right reasons (aka PMS, to cheer me up, etc), lol. And YES...I'm pretty sure that the sweating came from just cleaning..LOL!!! Notice how I said..pretty sure..hahaha!!

Well..I'm pretty much done with the walk in closet. I just have to vacuum and organize in there. Then tomorrow I'm gonna work on the closet in the entry way. We have 5 closets in this place!! Dang, lol. All of them are filled with crap..LOL!! We're such pack rats..we're gonna end up on Oprah, lol.

Anyhoo..things with the hubby are better now. I told him that if he does the bedroom by himself and without complaining. Then he can either buy some Wii points (or whatever its called) or a brand spakin new Guitar Hero. And I told him that if he complains even once, then he doesn't get it. So hopefully he'll be a good boy and clean, lol.

Okay..I'm gonna chill out and watch some tv. Only 14 more days until we leave this state. 14 more days of having no a/c!!!
Francie -- LOL. I just had say it. hee hee. At least you have closets! I think we have 3 and a 1/2 in ours and they all are tiny!!! Ridculous! lol. I miss our walk-in closet we had in Upstate NY. It was SO nice!!!! UGH no air conditioning sucks! I think I would die without it as I am such a "hot-head". lol. I need to get organized myself. Our apt is a complete mess! Maybe I can get DH motivated to help me work on it this weekend. Maybe I'll use your idea!! ha ha. Except he has Xbox 360. But whatever works, right??? lol. Aren't they like having a Big Kid? lol.

Mindee -- No idea on the wagon either. I say go with your best judgement. We need to put a bunch of stuff on Craigslist too. I'm so sick of all the junk!!! I wish I was "Brave" enough to go on one of those organizing shows where they help ya get organized, but I'd be too ashamed!!! lol.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Francie~ You don't by chance have any South Beach Diet books do you?

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! I hope the going without pop is working well for you! I keep myself to one a day, if that!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:17 AM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~I hate having walk in closets. I used to have one at my house in Az..no wait..there were 2 walk in closets. Anyhoo..they were ALWAYS messy!!!!!!!!! Its just so easy to store crap in there and then forget about it, lol. I dont think I ever really used my closet growing up. All my stuff just hung over my desk chair or stayed in my mom's closet. Or you know..stayed on the floor..lol. Ahh..I miss those days, lol. Now that I'm married, I have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, lol. Oh..just bribe your dh with brand new games, lol.

Mindee~I think I might have one somewhere. I know Fonzo brought home one of those books once. I'll take another look, okay?? I have a Curves book.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 08-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #14  
~Believe~

Morning All.

Well so far, no pop........and I feel the affects cuz I am tired. I mean I know I'm still at work and have an hour and 45 minutes to go yet and its been my long week (46 hrs) but still I'm usually not THIS tired..........UGH only an hour and 45 left..............I can make it............can't I? lolllllllll.

Francie -- I was the opposite with my walk-ins. I had everything organized, now with the teeny tiny closets everything is just stuffed in there. lol.

I just thought of something -- we do have coffee and tea here.......DUH....... I can get some of that at least and use some Sweet N' Low..........YES CAFFININE!!!

Got some coffee and wow is it strong!!! I know it is freshly brewed because I heard it when I walked in the break room. Its the Starbucks Coffee, so I dunno if that is really strong or what but wow. I had to add 3 creamers (the little ones like you have in the restaurants and 2 sweet n lows! well it should keep me awake, for how long is the question, I may never sleep!!! lol.

Have a Great Day All!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-07-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

FRANCIE...you first, about the books...how about checking the phone book and see if they have a place that will buy them from you. I do that and have done that for years. Once I read a stack I have I am going thru all my books and only keeping a certain amount. Ones I will read again or like the ones that have series that I like. But instead of selling them this time I am going to go trade them at the used book store here and get more, lol. Kind of defeats your purpose of getting rid of them but they also buy. I sold a lot when I moved years ago...seem to get more from the bookstore than at a yard sale. Sorry Fonzo is being a turd and not helping...maybe the reward will put a fire under him, lol.

SASSY...I'm here, just not been in a posting/talkative mood, things on my mind-hubby's job, or I should say lack of. How's the job hunting going with your hubby?

MINDEE...I have no clue either about the wagon. Like someone else said, just go with what you think. I would think if someone thought it was too high they would offer less just to see if you would take it. Glad you finally got rid of the killer headache.

SUSAN...no, I would never bi*ch at V, lol...right! I love my husband but I like my space and he needs to go to work messing up my whole schedule, lol. Glad you enjoyed your time at the beach. I don't blame you for only doing the mine with the packing, lol. Figure me and V will have to help Josh & Char when he gets home. She has a bigger house planned when he gets home...just down the street from where she is, either help with the packing and moving or watching the kids and supervising, lol.

SUE...good job on the miles. I just got a haircut as well. Francie made me do it, lol. When she cut hers I liked it so much I had to cut mine...now I wish I hadn't Oh well, it's just hair and it will grow back soon enough. Didn't go too short...I've got a chunky face and just never have looked good with short, short hair...even though I love it. Glad your stomache is better.

ASIA...sorry to hear about Andrew's cousin. Nothing like a healthy competition to get and stay motivated. Maybe that's what I need to do. I do good with the exercise, it's the food. But I am working on it.

HIYA JULES, KATY, & TAMMY

Rainy day here today. But it is a lot cooler than it has been so I have the sliding door open and fans on. Didn't turn the air conditioner off but turned it up to 79 and it hasn't come on in a hour or so since doing it so...if it comes on I will close the door. Just trying to give it a much needed break.

Didn't get any exercise in and decided to take today as my free day. The plan was to get up at 5:30 and get some done before heading out at 7:30 but I was too lazy and slept in until 6:30'ish. Had to take my car in to have it checked and the oil changed and I had already showered so...anyway, that's about all that's going on with me. Doing some laundry and reading.

Have a good day!
Closed Thread