South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:14 AM   #1  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Default Wacky Wednesday Chat

Ok, it's 5 am here..where is everyone??? I'm not usually first here!

Yesterday was a brutal day of faculty meetings and my tummy was not happy with the schedule. I brought an apple for a snack and didn't get the chance to eat it. Then lunch was supposed to be an hour "on our own". So I decided not to bring anything because we would be going out to a restaurant and I could get something "good". It ended up being a half an hour for lunch, so I did the drive through at Burger King and ended up with a grilled chicken salad that mostly ended up in the garbage. yuk!!!!

Today will be a reading workshop at another school with "lunch on our own", so at least I'm bringing some good snacks in case I get stuck again. Kinda sucks.

At least I can bring a good lunch of leftovers tomorrow when I'm back at my own school.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:16 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Default Out of bed and over the hump chat!

Good Morning Chicks... Here's coffee for ya'll.

I'm up and ready to go back to bed! I've gotten used to sleeping in an extra hour. Alas, this morning I have yet another interview so I'm up researching the company. What you all have planned?
Old 08-06-2008, 06:17 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Hi Femme... we were simuposting
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cat, and thanks for starting us up. I was in earlier but got distracted. Yesterday's lunch sounds yicky. Isn't it amazing how much we appreciate good food on this plan?

Rainy morning so the dogs are sleeping after breakfast. Hershey still is losing fur despite three weeks of thyroid treatment so we are going to the vet this a.m. for full bloodwork tests. She is such a good dog there - even holds up her paw for the syringe. She has two raw spots on her elbows that will need treatment and may end up in one of those Mother Superior collars which will not please her!

Wishing you a not too wacky Wednesday!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #5  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Good morning!!!

Cat...I was thinking the same thing...."I can't be here first...is my clock wrong?!" ha...sorry yesterday was so brutal...hopefully today will be better!! Were you able to get any sleep with the puppies!?

Loriann...good luck with the job interview!!!

Hey Ruth...we were thinking alike! haha....good luck with Hersh...good that she's such a saint at the vet's!!! Mine are getting MUCH better!! ha

As for me...had a really good day at work yesterday..nothing special..just had a really good feeling to it...hopefully that will carryover to today!! Just got finished with the elliptical and my legs are screamin...in a good way!!

Have a good one girls!

Last edited by mandyleigh; 08-06-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Hi Loriann. I guess we all are on the same posting wavelength this morning. All the best for your interview and be sure to pop back in to tell us how it went!

And there's Manyleigh - making me feel guilty for not exercising. (I must get back to the gym one of these days.) Hope your yesterday good feeling lasts well into today.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:30 AM   #7  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Femme Creole, don't you just hate those days that throw you off? I hope today is better for you.

Loriann, good luck with your interview

Ruth, those rainy mornings make me want to sleep in! I hope Hershey does better. I got my puppy a soft vinyl e-collar online from Arcatapet.com It's just like an e-collar, but soft, so they don't bump into things.

As for me, today is a birthday lunch for a friend, and I'll have a salad. Hopefully after that I can get some writing in. Then dinner out with friends. Going out to dinner is never easy! Tonight it's Middle Eastern food so there are some good choices.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
Old 08-06-2008, 06:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank goodness for coffee.

Good morning! I wish I could sleep better at night. And with Carley here, I sleep even lighter because I'm listening for her. She's a good sleeper, though, but I'm always afraid she'll wake up and be disoriented as to where she is.
Caitlyn spent most of the day with us, but took the train back home so she could get some things done at home. Rather than getting a summer job, she's been taking care of Carley and getting paid for that. So she's happy to have a few days completely by herself.
I hope the girls all get along better today, I felt like a referee yesterday. Carley and Maggie play together well, but don't want to include Audrey, and she feels ignored and hurt. I think maybe I'll see if I can arrange for one of her friends to come over today for a playdate, that will cheer her up.
Well, I'd better put on a pot of oatmeal for when Carley wakes up, and I want to get a pork loin started in the crockpot for supper.

Cat, I guess it will take a few days for you to get your class all organized and on a regular schedule. I know what you mean about those awful fast food salads, blech!

Loriann, good luck with the interview today!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a flurry of simul-posting going on this morning!

Good morning to you, Ruth, Bel Mer, and Mandyleigh!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

7 posts before 7 AM! Oh my It's a drippy, dark morning here so maybe it seems earlier than it is.

I'm off for another assessment. Yesterday's came to an abrupt halt and I suspect today's will too. If a program is not in licensing compliance in any way we are supposed to stop the assessment and come back later and start over. I suspect that what we observed will be center wide issue and not an isolated classroom, but we will see. Need to prepare for a long morning, just in case.

Can't remember if I mentioned that my vacation was approved I just badly need two weeks off and hope it improves my energy and attitude. Next week I'll spend a few days with my parents in the land that the internet forgot. Then home for a few days and off to Maine camping. Should be a fun stretch.

Cat - Wow, what a way to start a new job. Hope it goes better today!

LoriAnn - Have a good interview! I keep meaning to ask before next week - you aren't anywhere near Route 20 are you? It's a long dull stretch and I can never find anyplace I really want to stop so just drive through.

Ruth - Poor Hershey - hope the vet gets her on the right track asap!

MandyLeigh & Belle -

Cottage - Hope all goes well today. What is it about girls that age and exclusion? I've even seen it in 4 year olds. Drives me crazy!

Have a good day everyone
Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

Cyndi, I live on route 5 & 20. So YES!!!!!! When you coming through? If I'm home (Ie.If th ey don't hire me) next week we'll have to visit!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth...go to the feed store and get some NU-Stock for Hershey's elbows.
The stuff is a miracle cure for any type of "skin thing". If it worked on Stitch, it will work on anyone! It smells awful, but works. They don't bite or scratch the area and the hair grows back pretty quickly. We spent over 2 thousand dollars at the vet before we discovered this stuff for 12.95!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Y'all are up and at 'em awfully early!!

Cyndi - I'm jealous of the two weeks....can I go with? Camping in Maine sounds Splendid.....

Cat- don't you hate adjusting the schedule? Better luck today!

Belle - ohhh...your dinner sounds good.....

Ruth - Give that Hershey a kiss for me...I wish there were more like her!!

Mandy - hope today is as good as yesterday!

Cottage - may you not be a referee today!

Lori - good luck with the interview!

Me - Another routine shorter day of work. Then hopefully off for a jog (is it too soon two days after donating blood?! Can I make it a long distance? We shall see!!). Hubbie gets his night out tonight...hope the kids are good!!

Also....a girl at work started SB Sunday. She's been working out nearly every morning before work for months, and hasn't lost the weight. So, she saw me losing weight, and my colleague as well (he's lost 39 lbs already!!!). Her lunch yesterday: iceberg lettuce salad, with maybe one slice of ham chopped up, and a sprinkle of cheese. Snack: SF pudding. She did go and grab a boiled egg b/c she was still hungry. I keep telling her she's not eating enough, needs more beans and veggies, but....alas....she's not listening. I foresee her being one that falls off, because she's in it for fast weight loss of Phase I, rather than a lifestyle change. sigh. We'll see....

Hope you all have a great day!!

I realized yesterday was my "3 month anniversary" of starting SBD....18 lbs in 3 months....and down almost 4" in the waist!! Thanks ladies!! (we won't talk about how much smaller the boobs are, too....)

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-06-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Anniversary!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Cat. I'll check it out at our local feed store. I get liquid glucosamine there but never thought of skin stuff.

Cyndi, anytime you and Julie want to come and camp up here, we'd love to have you. It's pretty gorgeous!

That applies to every Beachie, of course.

--------------------------------------------
A whole lot of simulposting going on!

TwynnB, sounds like your analysis is right. I bet she hasn't read the book. She sure isn't doing South Beach. I wish to heck they hadn't put that 8-13 pound weightloss thing on it! When people fail, they tend to diss the plan.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hope things go better today Cat. I know you'll be glad to get settled into a routine.
ruth, be careful what you offer, we may just take you up on it one day.
Twynn, good thing you are around to be a SB mentor. I too wish they wouldn't advertise the amazing Ph1 weightloss, it gives people the wrong idea. I get frustrated when people say they have tried SBD and it didn't work for them, when in reality, they didn't really do it right.
Cyndi, hope things go more smoothly today!
cottage, I learned with my girls that three girls together never works. 2 or 4 is fine, but with three there is always an odd girl out and hurt feelings!
Good luck with your eating out today Belle Mer.
Loriann, thanks for the coffee and good luck with the interview today!
mandyleigh, I love those good work days! Hopefully they balance out the bad ones...

You know, I spend an hour online playing every morning before I get to work. Between checking my personal email and facebook and the two places on 3fc that I always post, I feel a little guilty about this.

I spent a little me time last night, covered my gray (way overdue), and did a home mani/pedi. I feel younger and spiffy today! A little sick to my stomach too, because my brief is on Friday and it's so important that it go well. At least I will look respectable!

DD1 has a job interview today. I really hope she gets it - more hours and $$, which she can really use. More like a real job than the 25 hrs/week retail she's doing now.

Have a good day chicks!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Morning gals,

wow Cat you were up early... my alarm went off at 5 i did not move for more than an hour.. ugh..

busy day at work...

doing well on the bike.
scale is creeping down...

getting VERY excited about next friday going to SHREWSBERRY MARKET and then GREEN DRAGON market..

gonna meet up with Schmoodle and Cottage...

bagel is still sick but recovering....

oh well.... love you all!
Closed Thread