View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
broadabroad
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Well, I've found cutting back carbs to be helpful - but I'm a lot heavier than you.

I'd suggest weightwatchers core plan as a pretty simple way of getting to grips with what you can/can't eat?

As I recall, you can basically eat whatever fish, poultry, meat, fresh veggies and fruit you want. You're supposed to be more sparing with bread, flour, fried food etc...no, actually I can't remember the details off the top of my head, but it's probably over in the WW forum. There's a lot to be said for that plan, I think - you don't have to do the whole points-calculating thing (which I couldn't be doing with), but you DO have built-in flexibility to be able to allow for unusual things like a cake or some wine or something, as and when. Check it out!

Beyond that, whatever your plan I'd say make sure you get a good breakfast in first thing to kickstart your metabolism - oatmeal, bacon and eggs, whatever is appropriate (I've always been guilty of that Fat Girl Cliche of not bothering with breakfast, or eating something crap) - and make sure you're drinking plenty of water all day.

(And, okay, I can't help myself - I do think that cutting back on carbs really helps. But that's just my experience. YMMV.)

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

Henry David Thoreau
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote