Old 08-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Default August Slim-Fasters!

I took the liberty of starting the August thread...

I had a thought last night... I am going to be 35 on August 30th and today is August 1. I am commiting to losing 6 lbs in 30 days. I couldn't think of a better bday gift to myself - to be in the 150's...and less than 10 lbs away from my goal. I am calling it the "30 day bday challenge". Anyone want to join me?? Although you don't have to call it a "bday challenge"

Switched from Chocolate Royale shakes for breakfast to Vanilla... I am not digging them so much but I will finish them. They taste like they have a powder in them. I better stick to my usual routine... Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast, chocolate chip granola meal-on-go bar for lunch.

How are all the new Slim-Fasters doing??
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting the new thread Didj! I think your plan to lose 6lbs in 30 days is an awesome plan! Being in the 150's is such a huge change from being in the 160's....and you are very close - I know you can do it!!! I'm technically in maintenance right now, but would like to lose another 10lbs....if my body will let me....my flabby arms are still not a pleasant sight! Sooo...I'll join you on your challenge, and my goal will be to get into the 140's by the end of the month. Heck, I'll take 149lbs or whatever it will be. But it would certainly be nice to get into that zone!

I'm a die hard chocolate royale and figure that the chocolate probably covers up some flavors that the vanilla wouldn't....of course we have some die hard vanilla folks here too....so I don't know...but hey, if I can have a healthy dose of chocolate every morning, then I'm going to do that!

Let's see...not too much else going on around here. Keeping super busy with the new school year starting in 12 days and getting in lots of beach and pool time...it's so hard to work when you live so close to the beach!!!

Okay...I've got to catch up on some work...I'll check in soon!

~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #3  

I would be happy with 159 Sometimes I try to think of 6-month's ago when I was 190. I don't have much recollection of dropping from 190. It might sound weird to say this but I think my mind kind of blocked it out... of course, the pictures are proof that I was that heavy ... know what I mean??

Are you a school teacher??

I am busy getting my Master's in the evening... 1 class away from finishing... thank goodness I am not a binge eater when I am working on school stuff... I never was. My computers are serious business to me (especially my new MacBook). I have never been one to type with sticky fingers

How is everyone else doing??
Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #4  
is baaaad to the bone!

Didj - you aren't allowed to be happy with 159 - you have 6lbs to lose this month!!! I know what you mean about blocking out parts of your journey...I've got parts that I just don't recall dropping the weight or how quickly it came off...then I have parts that are clear as can be for me!

I am starting my first year of teaching (6th grade world history) at an awesome and brand new school that is a joint venture between the school district and a local university. I'll be able to work on my master's very slowly at the same time though...at a lower cost...which is a bonus!

Prior to teaching (well, in conjunction with!) I sell real estate and work part time as a vet tech....I'll still be doing all that while teaching!

I've never been a binge eater at night...I know lots of folks who are....I just ate too darn much of bad foods for too long. I've been thinking about a new computer as mine has been slowing down....and I'm thinking about a Mac....it will be my first...although I've used Mac's while in college and working....but it would sure be nice to have a computer that virus' aren't going to eat up!

I'm out!
~A
Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #5  

Congrats on the teaching job!!

I am 3-weeks into my new Mac experience (a lifelong PC user) and LOVE IT!!! There are some programs that I use that are only available for the PC but I am adjusting... making other software choices OR if the need arises... I will pull out my slow-poke PC notebook and get something done... but so far, the need hasn't been an issue. The Apple store is soo nice too. They offer free personal shopping and free workshops too. Have you noticed on all the TV shows now (mostly reality), everyone is using Mac.

You are right... I am not going to be happy at 159... don't worry... I am focused and will keep going

Last edited by didjaever; 08-04-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #6  
is baaaad to the bone!

I'm down a pound to 153 this morning. Ran 5 miles with no breaks on the treadmill last night - a new personal best. I normally run only 3.25 miles. It took me 53:30 but it felt good! I'm very happy with myself!

4 more pounds to go to see the 140's...that will be a very exciting time!
~A

p.s. i don't watch tv as it took too much time from my life!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #7  

CONGRATS!! That is awesome!!

I wish this heat would break in the east... I miss my long walks in the evening. I never wanted to get into a work-out routine because you would have to keep it up, so my best attempt at exercising it walking at least an hour a day. I know... I would lose more, faster, drop those dress sizes, etc...

I think I am down 1 pound this morning but I could not tell... I don't have one of those digital scales. For some reason, I am bloated today (not TOM) so it feels like I gained 10 pounds.

Looks like you and I are the only two left on slim fast
Old 08-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Everyone! I'm still here! Things have been hectic but I'm trying to stay on plan as much as possible! I did do 3 5K's this weekend and I'm really going to push myself hard to keep it up now. Amanda, You are doing great!

didja, i like the chocolate roayle too. I usually have that for breakfast, then I will fix a french vanilla shake with some strawberries in it for lunch. I don't like the vanilla plain at all. I've also mixed strawberries and bananas in it too. That taste pretty good. But I just use 1/2 a banana.

We sold our 5th wheel RV yesterday and now if the house would sell we could get back to MO. before Winter!

Hope everyone finds the new thread and comes back soon. Have a great day!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #9  

Congrats on selling the RV!!! Are you originally from MO??

Staying on track was easy in the beginning... now it seems hardly. I thought it was suppose to be the opposite I am weird...

Three cheers for staying on track!!!! I had a lemon bar today... a huge no-no...I am not even going to figure out how many calories are in it... Right back up on the horse....
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Didja. Yes, I was born in Joplin. Then the family moved to Colorado when I was 5. And I was here until 1970 when I got married and moved to Mass. DH is from there, after being there a year we decided to come back to Colorado. Stayed here for another few years then moved to PA. DH's family had moved there at this time. After another year we came back to Colorado. Now all my family lives back in MO. and I can hardly wait to get back there. I'm so tired of just visiting a few weeks every year! So hoping things get moving soon!

Don't worry about the Lemon bar, just do like you said and get back on track. After being gone the whole month of June it took me almost the whole month of July to get back on track!

Have A Great Evening!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

I am doing Slim Fast for 30 days and want to lose 10 lbs. I am estimating that is what I gained recently because I don't actually weigh myself but my clothes have gotten tight and they need to fit by the first day of school ( i am a teacher).

I am on Day 5 of the SlimFast Challenge and I feel thinner thank God! I am doing the Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Shakes twice a day, three pieces of fruit, dinner (usually salad with chicken, tuna, turkey wrap, rice, etc.) and then a "treat" of two tootsie roll pops with my water.

I drink TONS and TONS of water, way more than they reccommend. I also am cutting out all diet soda ( never drink real but diet is also not the greatest thing for you ) and no alcohol as well.

ANd doing 90 minutes of cardio a day 6x's per week. 3 days strength training.

I know this is VERY STRICT but I need to make sure this is going to work!
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #12  

Oh and is anyone on it using the High Protein one? It has the same calories as the Optima but like 3 more grams of protein and a little less sugar. Which one is better?

I looked at Slimfast Ultra and cannot believe the sugar in it!

I admit I worry that drinking the 2 Optimas have too much sugar (36 grams total) but I figure that Slimfast has been around a long time and if you are eating a low # of calories you will lose weight even if it has sugar in it!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #13  

Bella:

Welcome!!!

It sounds like you are well on your way to a lifestyle change. Congrats in feeling great!!

I drink the Optima... Yes, the sugar is high but it has all of your other needed vitamins and minerals. My attitude is that the sugar in slimfast doesn't even come close to my old way of eating... so it has got to be waaaaaay better for me.

Have you tried the meal-on-the-go bars?? It might add some variety to your plan. My favorites are chocolate chip granola bar and cookie dough.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #14  

didjaever

Yeay i am sticking to the Optima ones too, they really do taste good although i am hungry on them, i don't think they stave off hunger for four hours. I am relying on DISCIPLINE to get me through this. I am using this as a quick way to get these 10 or so pounds off, i don't intend to do slimfast forever but can hopefully stick to it faithfully for a month!

As for the bars I had them before (years ago) and they were good, i lovedt he brownie one, choc. chip cookie dough, and the toasted spice and oat ones. However, I cannot eat them, I know i would binge on them, i used to eat whole boxes at a time so I am sticking to just the shakes. I know I won't be tempted to binge drink a slim fast shake, when i binge it is on food.

How long have you been doing the Optima shakes? Has it been working for you?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #15  

Bella:

As you can see from my ticker, I have lost 25 lbs since 12/26/07. I feel great but could have lost my total 40 lb goal by now... I have had my bad weeks, which I feel makes me normal. I drink a shake for breakfast and it usually curbs my appetite until noon. My noon meal-on-the-go bar usually curbs my appetite for two hours, that is when I snack on something... my favorites... bananna, cheese sticks, 100 calorie snack pack or something else that is around 100 calories.

In the end, I have actually been drinking a slimfast shake for breakfast for the better part of ten years but never watched my calorie intake. I mostly drank them because they were easy to grab on my way out the door in the morning.