Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Two things

1.) I can't eat sweet things anymore. Carmello bars used to be my favorite thing in the world. I bought on yesterday, had 1 piece, and almost threw up in my car. I've been making so many things at home, and fewer and fewer baked goods because of the price of sugar/flour, that anything extremely sweet (milk chocolate, icing, even soda) sends my stomach into roller coaster mode. Good thing, I suppose.

2.) Someone send me some motivation. I bought a Fluidity bar, oh...9 months ago? I used it religiously for 3 months, and saw a huge improvement in muscle tone. Then I got sick for a month and haven't touched it since. My wake up call was when my 3 year old saw a commercial for it and said, "Mommy! You bought one of those. Why don't you ever use it?" UGH! I can take criticism from my husband, but NOT my preschooler!
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Altari - remember the scene in the Wizard of Oz, when Glinda tells Dorothy that she'd had the power to go home all along? Motivation isn't anything anyone can give you...it is something you've had all along, and you just have to activate it. So, silly as it sounds, remind yourself to "tap your heels together" every time you lose that drive, and get right back to what you were doing. That bar has sat aside long enough!

I'm with you on the caramellos. Those things are gross-sweet. I always thought they were sweet, but I can't even SMELL them now. It's amazing how your taste buds change, isn't it?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

chocolaet has that effect on me now....
ive had two chocolate digestives today....
and now im feeling extremely ill....
so much to the point where im going to be sick!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #4  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Personal exp: I took a bite of a donut a few weeks ago & it nearly made me hurl. And I used to LOVE donuts! Man, I'm glad to be off the junk food!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #5  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I WISH! I've been dieting since January, and I binged on 4 donuts the other month.... :sigh::

I WISH junk food made me sick! ::Sigh::
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I can still handle sweets, unfortunately. None of that prepackaged junk, like those Hostess cupcakes, because those were always disgustingly sweet to me... But a homemade brownie? A chocolate chip cookie? Chocolate in general? I could still eat all of that with no problems. :b

It's salty that really gets me now. I still can handle salty things with the salt hidden in.. but blatantly salty stuff, like Campbells canned soups, potato chips, pretzels, french fries, etc. make me want to gag.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #7  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

sigh. The only thing that taste bad for me now since i start my diet are Cakes and candies . I don't know but the artificial sweet in those just taste like sand for me now. I still have trouble with chips. Still eat them (tho i do limit myself for a bag chip 100 calories, but still). idk if i would ever give up on chips >.<"
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/206/150

Height: 5'6

I'm not craving sweets much anymore, but come TOM get out of my way cuz I want those hot salty fries from Mickey Dees.

As far as fast food goes, I went to The Varsity 2 weeks ago with my boss, and was sick as could be with in an hour. For those of you not familiar with Atlanta eateries, the Varsity is where you go for an oil change. Best chili steaks, onion rings, chili cheese dogs around.
danemom is offline   Reply With Quote