Old 08-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Changes

Hi y'all...I never really went away from here....I just stopped posting for a bit.

I've been on a bit of a spiritual journey over the last few months, trying to figure out all the usual mid-life stuff like: Is my life the way I want it? Am I headed in the direction that I want my journey to go? I determined that, while many many things in my life are great, other things could use some perking up, like my career.

So..I am headed back to college in a couple of weeks to train for a totally different career than the one I currently have. It's in the medical field which really excites me!

Another big change I am working on is my body image. I've made some good progress! However, while I've been learning to love my body, I have not thought about food...which has led to a 20 lb weight gain in the last two months through many binges. I am not physically comfortable at all!

I know that fad diets, commercial companies, pharmaceuticals, etc., are not the way I want to go. I truly want this to be a LIFESTYLE change...where I can eat anything in moderation.

So, my plan is very simple:
1. drink more water
2. eat until comfortably full (not stuffed!)
3. move my body
4. continue to love my body
5. BE CONSISTENT.

I think #5 is going to be the hardest.....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Wow way to go with the changes, I bet you have a great time in the medical field and I hope you find true happiness there!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey Jen. That's SO exciting about the career move!! I wish you all the best.

And I'd have to agree with you, consistiency is most definitely HARD. But it really is VITAL to losing weight. One "off" day can definitely wipe out 6 days of "on" days. We're trying to create a calorie deficit. Overeating 1 day a week can negate all the others. *sigh*. The good thing is, is once you get into this, the more you stay on plan, the more you WANT to stay on plan and a wonderful cycle ensues.

I don't know about you, but for me, eating til I was full never, ever worked. I simply didn't know when to stop. My intuitive eating button is totally defective. Therefore the only way I was going to lose weight was by faking it. I had/have to count calories. It's the only thing that forces me to stop eating and sets my portion limits. Because for me, well, the sky was the limit. Of course, we all must find what works for ourselves and that will most definitely vary.

Good to hear from you again and I wish you tons of good luck.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 08-05-2008 at 12:58 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jen!!

So nice to hear from you!!! I think that's awesome that you have evaluated your life and set some goals. Congrats on going back to school.

I'd have to agree with you about #5. It's the key.

We are behind you 100%!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Consistency is the key. The more on plan days you string together, the more successful you will be.

Congrats on the career change! Sounds exciting!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi...congrats on taking the time to figure things out and nowheading towards a new career. I wish you well in your new pursuits!

Quote:
So, my plan is very simple:
1. drink more water
2. eat until comfortably full (not stuffed!)
3. move my body
4. continue to love my body
5. BE CONSISTENT.
It's a good plan you have. Write it down every day. Good luck to you!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

As usual, y'all are the BEST cheerleaders anywhere in cyberspace!!

Robin, I had never considered that my full mechanism in my body could possibly be busted, but it makes sense. I know that I'm way past full by the time I actually FEEL anything!

Lauren, thanks! I do think I will enjoy my new career as a medical assistant! I'm really excited going back to college--it's been 23 years!!

Sandi, thanks! You of all people know how much I have struggled over the years. Thanks for your support!!

Lori, that's my goal--to string together as many on-plan days in a row that I can. If I make it a game it will be really fun!!

Beverlyjoy, thanks for the advice! I do plan to write them down each day as my intentions. I know from experience that anything I give to the Universe, the Universe will give back to me in SPADES!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Wow, everyone seems to be going back to school this fall! (3 people at my work & now you!) Congrats!!! Good to see you back!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote