Old 08-04-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning - week of August 4 - August 10.

Hi...here's a place where you can put your daily plan and/or menu. Want a place for some accountability? Here it is! Come here for a little chat and some extra support.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #2  

Hi folks...a good day with food again yesteday - I am grateful. That's over a week of being on plan. YAY!

Here's my plan:

meditation
lots of water
stretches and movement
log my food and values
PMA (positive mental attitude)

Food-
breakfast - Kashi waffle with peanut butter, applesauce, hardboiled egg
snack - latte
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, spaghetti squash with parm cheese
snack - yogurt, cherries
dinner - 12 grain pancake, boca bacon with sf syrup, green beans
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, almond butter, milk

MJ - so glad you had a good time at the reunion. It's nice to get all those compliments. And down another pound - wonderful!!!
(Also - thanks for asking about the doctor appt. She told me to double up on my tummy medicine for ten days. If it's not significantly better - then I'll go to the gastroenterologist.)

Schmoodle - what a great food plan. Hmmm- I have tuna and eggplant in the house. You've inspired me to cook that later this week. Carry on.

Sunshine - breakfast in bed is fun! (I haven't had that since my son was little - on Mother's Day!) Good plan - keep up the great work.

Have a great day folks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-04-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I was out of touch for a couple of days, but now I'm back. I had a fairly good first week of being back on track. I need to step it up on the exercise, though. I missed quite a few days and didn't lose anything when I stepped on the scale today. Darn! But, it is my fault, and I need to make the time. It is really hot here, so it does make it challenging!

Onward to a new week! Hope everyone else has a good week.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

I must confess. I did go off-plan yesterday. I'm not really sure why, but I'm right back on-plan today. As long as I keep going, I'm going to win this battle eventually. Today is my official weigh-in day. I lost .8 of a pound. This turtle is losing slowly!

I haven't been on the treadmill since Thursday. I really need to get more consistent with the exercise. Hubby and I have decided to join a gym for the weights and for some classes for me. Hopefully, this will make my body shape start to change quicker. My 15th wedding anniversary is in December. I have my eye on a beautiful dress.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

First day back to work...Ugh, it's ok, but busy. Not as bad (so far) as I expected though. I AM going to the gym--no more slacking on exercise!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for another good day! I hope the increase in med helps your tummy.

Diane--I need to step up the exercise too! I AM going to the gym right after work today.

Rhonda--Good for you for getting right back on plan today. That's what is important. I think it's great you and dh are joining a gym. Ooh, a new dress for your anniversary sounds like a great incentive!

Hi to everyone else!

I need to eat my lunch. Have a great on plan day.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Hi guys. I joined last week and then I didn't post again... but I did read. I have to get better about this. I get so hung up in my head with my family problems that I skip things that are important to me. Gotta quit that!

Schmoodle... glad you liked the chili. Its a good way to get veggies down the kids without too much complaint!

Yesterday I did okay, stayed in my calories and biked, but my snack was a piece of low fat coffee cake and an iced mocha. It was probably too much sugar. I didn;t feel so great afterwards. Lesson learned.

Today I had my usual kashi waffle with peanut butter and fresh blueberries on top, with a chai latte and iced green tea with pomegranate juice added for sweetness. Had a couple bites of cantaloupe, too. I have an eye dr appoitnment today and plan to bike 30 minutes when I get home. Then I need to lift weights. I also take a little 10 minute walk every night after dinner.

I am going to eat mostly veggies for lunch, and then dinner is going to be chicken breasts, roasted and simmered in a sauce of fresh local apricots. Side of sauteed swiss chard, and brown rice.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:42 AM   #7  

Hi chickies! Oh happy day...the scale smiled at me this morning . I am down 2 pounds. YAY! It feels good to finally be moving farther away from 200 pounds and closer to the 180's. I have to pinch myself to even think about being near the 180's.

I had a good on plan day yesterday and I feel so positive and grateful.

I got a new dress and it's NOT plus size!! I got it in an XL. This is first time in years I've been able to wear a regular size dress. It is so me! I can wear it to the bridal shower this month or performing, too.
Here it is:

http://www.casuallivingusa.com/defau...&sender=Casual

(sorry the price shows...I don't know how to post just the picture)

Today I am working this morning and then out to lunch with my mom at First Watch.

today:
meditation
stretches
log food and food values
lots of water
positive mental attitude

breakfast - open face turkey sandwich on lite whole grain bread with mustard, 1/2 banana, peanut butter spoon
lunch - at First Watch - Lean Machine - egg beaters, turkey sausage, fruit, tomatos, english muffin
snack - cherries
dinner - boca, lettuce and tomato sandwich, green beans
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Lyn - your plan for the day sounds terrific. I love Kashi waffles too. (learned about them here.)

Mj - hope your day went well. Were you able to get to the gym. Take care of that knee.

Rhonda - sounds like you hopped right back on plan. Life happens sometimes. Congrats on the weight loss ....that's about three sticks of butter - gone!

Slashnl - good to see you again. Glad to hear you've stayed on plan. Sorry the scale didn't show those efforts. But, remember - it will eventually.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-05-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Well, it was nicer last night than it has been, so maybe we're turning the corner on this heat. It makes it so easy to just ignore exercise when it is hot!

I wasn't great on meals yesterday, so I'm going to do better today! I find that when I have a million things to do, and haven't planned well, I make not so good choices. Anyway, gotta go so I can make a salad for lunch today.

Good job on the weight loss, Beverly!

MJ - Did you get your exercise in?

Rhonda - Early congrats on your anniversary. It's nice to have something to look forward to that helps you keep on plan!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I was on-plan yesterday although for some reason I didn't get in here to post. I have stayed on-plan with food 7 of the last 9 days and I am happy about that. Not doing great with exercise though so I am going to do something about that today. I'll walk or do a WATP if it rains. I peeked at the scale this morning and it was teasing me with 180. I'll be so excited if I am in the 170's at my official weigh-in on Saturday. I have been struggling to lose the 5 lbs I needed to get me there for 3 months now.

My kids go back to school in 3 weeks. I am counting the days. They are good, but I am tired of the house always being a mess, the dishwasher always full, and I work at home, so it's getting boring for them during the day. We had a week and a half at the beach, and summer camps are done so they are in charge of entertaining themselves during the weekdays for the rest of the summer. Things are so much easier and I get so much more done when we are in our schoolday routine. But my grandma says we should never wish away time, and she has a point. We've had a gorgeous summer and I don't really want fall to come yet.

BeverlyJoy, I'm so happy for you! You have worked so hard, you deserve success. I remember wanting to put as much space between me and 200 as possible. It's so good to know we will never go back there again!

Lyn, glad you made it back. Family stuff is important and we are here whenever you need us! Your dinner sounds very yummy. I love the kashi waffles too, I have them as a treat about once a week.

Rhonda, slow and steady wins the race. What a great motivator you have for your anniversary! I'm glad your little blip did not get you down and you are carrying on. As you know, the harm done is minimal when it's one cheat, it's when we let it turn into days...

Hi mj, hope your Monday wasn't too grueling! Good for you getting back into your exercise routine. I will use you as inspiration for mine. I've been very bad about this lately.

Hi Slashni, as I said to mj, I am in the same boat. I plateaued for 2 months, then only lost 2 lbs last month, despite doing well with food. Exercise is key, although I have a hard time getting that through my head. I wonder if I will always hate to exercise? Planning ahead is so important too.

Oh, almost forgot my plan for the day!
B: turkey bacon, chocolate cheesecake smoothie
S: raw zucchini and hummus
L: V8, deviled egg, insalata caprese, Wasa crispbread with Laughing Cow Light Cheese,
S: skim latte, apple with natural peanut butter
D: Chicken Stir Fry with cashews
S: NSA fudgesicle

Have a good one chicks!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-05-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #10  
mj5

Good Morning! I earned a sticker yesterday! I need to choose a reward....it's much easier for me to stay focused when I know I am working toward something....hmm, I'll have to think about that one!

Lynn--I had pomegranate juice for the first time while I was on vacation--it was really good! Swiss chard, mmmm, I haven't had that in so long...your post is making me hungry! Good thing the farmer's market is today!

Beverlyjoy--2lbs is AWESOME!!!! Great job!!!! Congrats on the dress too!!! Yes, I went to the gym.

Diane--Glad to hear it's getting cooler--I'm w/ you, I have a harder time exercising when it's hot. Yes, I went to the gym!

Schmoodle--Fingers crossed for weigh in day! We can help each other get back on track w/ exercising...I totally slacked while I was on vacation and wasn't doing all that great right before...

I am going to check out the Farmer's Market on my lunch break--hopefully find something yummy to have w/ dinner. I AM going to the gym again tonight.

OH...Great NSV this am...as I was getting ready for work this am, dh said, "there's my skinny wife" then he said, "really, I can really see that you have lost weight lately" He compliments me often, but he sounded so sincere. What a sweetie!

As for my knee...I think it may be time to see the ortho for another injection. It's ok, though, the last one lasted a bit longer than 'normal' and he'll be pleased w/ my weight loss progress. Still not ready to throw in the towel and have more surgery, someday, just not yet!

Have a great on plan day!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #11  

Good morning guys. You all are so good about responding to everyone! I will get there...

mj I am trying to put off knee surgery myself, as long as possible. I figure the longer I wait, the better the technology will be, right?

I ate too much of that moroccan chicken last night. Well, actually I ate about 4 oz but it was the sauce that killed. It was sooo good. It had butter and honey in it. I didnt plan on eating the sauce, just using it as a marinade but man it was good. ANyway no weight lost today, still 214. Have to fight harder today!
Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #12  
mj5

Lynn--Believe it or not, that thinking (putting it off as long as possible) has worked for me! Initially, I was going to have to have my kneecap replaced, now they can resurface it. So glad I waited....by the time I 'give in' and actually have the surgery, who knows what they will be able to do?!

I was able to get some yummy yellow beans and zucchini at the farmers market today.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #13  

Cool mj, I am praying for some miracle cure by the time I am desperate.

I had a rough afternoon. I wanted sweets so bad. I ended up having 3 chocolate covered peanuts. Then a chex bar. Then a skinny cow ice cream. Okay, I stopped and I am still in my calories, but sheesh....
Old 08-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #14  

Hi chickies! Yesterday had alot of twists and turns with my food...but, I still managed to stay in my calorie range. I am grateful. I drank water, did my stretches, logged my food - so I am pleased.

Yesterday I went to my neighbor's and did 6 minutes on her stationary bike. I am going to do this several times a week for a few weeks. If it doesn't have negataive impact on my pieces and parts - I am going to buy one. I am also looking into buying some hand weights.

Today is a 'normal' day. Working this morning. This afternoon I'll work in my office and maybe go buy a bridal shower gift.

working this morning
log food - and calories, fats, protein, carbs
stretches and moving
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
snack - latte
lunch - cottage cheese with fresh tomatoes from my garden, sweet potato
snack - yogurt, cherries
dinner - grilled salmon, green beans with mushrooms, brown rice
snack - cereal, fruit, milk- or it might be a child's cone from Dairy Queen (190 calories) Mom mentioned she would love to go to the Dairy Queen.

Lyn - sorry to hear about the sweet tooth kicking in. Good job on still staying within your calories. That's a wonderful accomplishment.

MJ - another sticker! - yippee. That's great! Hmmm..yellow beans sound good. I know they taste just about the same as green beans - but, they seem more 'festive'.

Schmoodle - great job on all those good on plan days. You are getting to close to the 170's. So exciting. Go girl!

Shlashnl - good attitude. If you go off your plan a bit...hop right back on. You CAN do this. Glad the heats letting up a bit.

Have a great day, folks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-06-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning sweet chicks!

Still on track here. As a matter of fact yesterday I had a "perfectly" on plan day! Some days I seem to need to mess up just a little bit - like have an extra fudgesicle, which puts me 20 calories over my sweet treat allowance, or eat 5 chocolate chips. I don't count those days as off plan, 'cause really, how much harm in 20 calories? but I can't say they were "perfectly" on plan because I didn't plan for those things. I am extra proud of myself on perfect days. Yes, I am a little obsessive and tend to overthink things!

The most exciting thing about getting into the 170's will be that the next stop is 175. At 175, I become overweight! When I started SBD May 2007, I weighed 245, 100 lbs over the highest normal weight for my height, so I was horrified to realize I qualified for "morbidly obese." Once I dropped the first pound though, I became regular obese. I am still obese, but once I reach 175, I'll be able to say I'm just overweight. I am so stoked to be normal fat!

I got my hair colored last night and gave myself a mani/pedi, so I am feeling spiffy and young today (no gray anyway)! I have to give a brief to a Brigadier General on Friday, and it's a little nerve-wracking. Alot depends on it, so I want to look my best.

mj, yellow beans, mmmm, I'm in the mood for a 3 bean salad! Did you think of a reward?
Lyn, hooray for stopping with the skinny cow. I hate those craving days. I get them the week before TOM. I split my food up so I can snack all day and up my protein intake. Helps a little.... I made a pan of bean brownies last night because I am due for some craving days soon and I want to be prepared!
Beverlyjoy, good job staying on plan despite the twists and turns! I am getting the yummiest garden tomatoes right now. There's another thing to be grateful for!

Okay, plan for the day:
B: scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, coffee with milk
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: insalata caprese, cucumbers with hummus, tuna salad, V8
S: latte, Wasa crispbread with LCLC
D: crabmeat quiche, steamed green beans, sliced tomato
S: bean brownie

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-06-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote