South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5ft3ins

Default New Chickie from Ireland

hi to everyone im new on this and would really like to hear from u cos to be honest im useless at dieting and need the support this my last hope to lose the fat
bigfatmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Bigfatmama, are you planning to start SBD? Be sure to read the book so you understand the plan, and look over the stickies and info in the FAQs. Join us on the daily chat, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the plan. You'll also find lots of great recipes here. SBD is a great plan, and really not a "diet" but a way of eating that's easy to follow and stick with.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to 3FC and to The Beach if you decide to follow this plan. (I moved your post out of the August Weightloss Thread so you wouldn't get lost.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See my ticker!

Height: 5' 10"

Hi! Im irish too (dubliner) and doing weightwatchers, its brilliant! its very structured with great support so if youre looking for an easy plan with loads of help thats what i recommend! the meetings are great fun too, and if you do the points plan you can still have all your treats if you want them. Good luck!
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach! We're happy to have you joining us and look forward to getting to know you better. I can't bring myself to call you by your username, though. It just goes against my grain.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #6  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi Bigfatmama,

weight loss is attainable. I know sometimes it feels like it's impossible; but it's not. Trust me and especially trust the people whose tickers have went noticeably down, closer towards a goal weight.

If my lazy @ss can do this, then anyone can. I have lost about 50-some lbs since giving birth (16 lbs of it was on when I first became pregnant!) and I'm the world's like, biggest, laziest, unmotivated sloth.

I'm so excited that you're from Ireland, my grandma has family from there, so she is really big on the irish name thing. I named my son Liam because it's irish, my grandpa's name is William, and my grandma would be really pleased. (She was ectastic actually.) That's really cool.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-03-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 AM   #7  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi mama! welcome! The ladies are right, you can do this.

melanie, i was going to name my son Liam. I love that name. we're Irish too, but I went with Niall (Neil). If I ever have another, (either boy or girl) we're going with Faraday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Hi Bigfatmama,

weight loss is attainable. I know sometimes it feels like it's impossible; but it's not. Trust me and especially trust the people whose tickers have went noticeably down, closer towards a goal weight.

If my lazy @ss can do this, then anyone can. I have lost about 50-some lbs since giving birth (16 lbs of it was on when I first became pregnant!) and I'm the world's like, biggest, laziest, unmotivated sloth.

I'm so excited that you're from Ireland, my grandma has family from there, so she is really big on the irish name thing. I named my son Liam because it's irish, my grandpa's name is William, and my grandma would be really pleased. (She was ectastic actually.) That's really cool.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey bigmama!

just like melanie i am one of the laziest most complacent peope out there and i lost 18 kilos on sbd, kept off 10 (even during my worst eating bad binges). good luck on finding the right "program" for you.

toodle pip!

jan
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #9  

hi every1 thanks for replying to me its great encouragment to see all the weight u have lost i just hope i can follow in your foot steps. plus just finding my way round this site finding it a bit confusing as to which forum i should be on
Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 PM   #10  

just a bit about myself im married and have 2 sons Jack whos 8 and Killian is 2 next month. ive been putting wieght on since i got married but really serious weight since my boys were born.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
hi mama! welcome! The ladies are right, you can do this.

melanie, i was going to name my son Liam. I love that name. we're Irish too, but I went with Niall (Neil). If I ever have another, (either boy or girl) we're going with Faraday.

Love it! Such awesome names.

Bigfatmama, I have read that people generally gain weight during marriage, I heard it's a statistic or something. Don't worry, if it comes on, it can come off too. Love the name Killian btw.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-04-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote