Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How many magazines do you subscribe to or buy on a monthly basis?
1 2 5.88%
2 8 23.53%
3 0 0%
4 8 23.53%
5 1 2.94%
6 3 8.82%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 or more 3 8.82%
None 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 11:19 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/15-7/21

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=18099

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 07-14-2002, 11:23 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, I really liked the message this one gives:

STAY ON COURSE

You've been planning for the perfect vacation for six months, and now the day is finally here. The tickets are in your pocket, your bags are packed, and you're driving to the airport. On the way, you pass a favorite restaurant and think about how much you like their food. You turn the car around, go back to the restaurant, walk in, sit down and enjoy a delicious meal. The only trouble is, by the time you finish eating you've missed your flight and you don't get to take that vacation of a lifetime.

Would this ever happen? Of course not. When you're on your way to something you've been working for, planning, and anxiously awaiting, you'd never let a petty distraction throw you off track. Or would you?

Unfortunately, it happens every day. Too often, we let the distractions of the moment deny us our most treasured goals. The next time you're tempted by a distraction, keep in mind where you're already headed and how very much you desire to get there. Ask yourself if you would prefer to have the distraction or the goal you've set for yourself. Rather than hopping from one empty distraction to another, focus your effort and attention toward those things which will bring true and lasting fulfillment.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-14-2002, 11:27 PM   #3  

Okay Ladies (and our one lone gentleman), here's my contribution to the MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY task I asked everyone to participate in doing. I hope you all enjoy Jim Rohn's wonderful message. I personally have printed this out and find myself reading it on a daily basis!

The Formula for Failure and Success

Failure is not a single, cataclysmic event. We do not fail overnight. Failure is the inevitable result of an accumulation of poor thinking and poor choices. To put it more simply, failure is nothing more than a few errors in judgment repeated every day.

Now why would someone make an error in judgment and then be so foolish as to repeat it every day? The answer is because he or she does not think that it matters.

On their own, our daily acts do not seem that important. A minor oversight, a poor decision, or a wasted hour generally doesn't result in an instant and measurable impact. More often than not, we escape from any immediate consequences of our deeds.

If we have not bothered to read a single book in the past ninety days, this lack of discipline does not seem to have any immediate impact on our lives. And since nothing drastic happened to us after the first ninety days, we repeat this error in judgment for another ninety days, and on and on it goes. Why? Because it doesn't seem to matter. And herein lies the great danger. Far worse than not reading the books is not even realizing that it matters!

Those who eat too many of the wrong foods are contributing to a future health problem, but the joy of the moment overshadows the consequence of the future. It does not seem to matter. Those who smoke too much or drink too much go on making these poor choices year after year after year... because it doesn't seem to matter. But the pain and regret of these errors in judgment have only been delayed for a future time. Consequences are seldom instant; instead, they accumulate until the inevitable day of reckoning finally arrives and the price must be paid for our poor choices - choices that didn't seem to matter.

Failure's most dangerous attribute is its subtlety. In the short term those little errors don't seem to make any difference. We do not seem to be failing. In fact, sometimes these accumulated errors in judgment occur throughout a period of great joy and prosperity in our lives. Since nothing terrible happens to us, since there are no instant consequences to capture our attention, we simply drift from one day to the next, repeating the errors, thinking the wrong thoughts, listening to the wrong voices and making the wrong choices. The sky did not fall in on us yesterday; therefore the act was probably harmless. Since it seemed to have no measurable consequence, it is probably safe to repeat.

But we must become better educated than that!

If at the end of the day when we made our first error in judgment the sky had fallen in on us, we undoubtedly would have taken immediate steps to ensure that the act would never be repeated again. Like the child who places his hand on a hot burner despite his parents' warnings, we would have had an instantaneous experience accompanying our error in judgment.

Unfortunately, failure does not shout out its warnings as our parents once did. This is why it is imperative to refine our philosophy in order to be able to make better choices. With a powerful, personal philosophy guiding our every step, we become more aware of our errors in judgment and more aware that each error really does matter.

Now here is the great news. Just like the formula for failure, the formula for success is easy to follow: It's a few simple disciplines practiced every day.

Now here is an interesting question worth pondering: How can we change the errors in the formula for failure into the disciplines required in the formula for success? The answer is by making the future an important part of our current philosophy.

Both success and failure involve future consequences, namely the inevitable rewards or unavoidable regrets resulting from past activities. If this is true, why don't more people take time to ponder the future? The answer is simple: They are so caught up in the current moment that it doesn't seem to matter. The problems and the rewards of today are so absorbing to some human beings that they never pause long enough to think about tomorrow.

But what if we did develop a new discipline to take just a few minutes every day to look a little further down the road? We would then be able to foresee the impending consequences of our current conduct. Armed with that valuable information, we would be able to take the necessary action to change our errors into new success-oriented disciplines. In other words, by disciplining ourselves to see the future in advance, we would be able to change our thinking, amend our errors and develop new habits to replace the old.

One of the exciting things about the formula for success - A few simple disciplines practiced every day - is that the results are almost immediate. As we voluntarily change daily errors into daily disciplines, we experience positive results in a very short period of time. When we change our diet, our health improves noticeably in just a few weeks. When we start exercising, we feel a new vitality almost immediately. When we begin reading, we experience a growing awareness and a new level of self-confidence. Whatever new discipline we begin to practice daily will produce exciting results that will drive us to become even better at developing new disciplines.

The real magic of new disciplines is that they will cause us to amend our thinking. If we were to start today to read the books, keep a journal, attend the classes, listen more and observe more, then today would be the first day of a new life leading to a better future. If we were to start today to try harder, and in every way make a conscious and consistent effort to change subtle and deadly errors into constructive and rewarding disciplines, we would never again settle for a life of existence – not once we have tasted the fruits of a life of substance!

To Your Success,

Jim Rohn
Old 07-15-2002, 07:20 AM   #4  

Default MONDAY MORNING

Good morning everyone!

I searched through a lot of books to find a good motivational thought for today and I keep coming back to that tape of Dr. Phil "getting real about fat" on Oprah. The one key thing he said on there was this: YOU CANNOT BE OVERWEIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE CREATED A LIFESTYLE THAT SUPPORTS IT. That really speaks to me. If I have created this kind of lilfestyle, then damn it, I can create a lifestyle that promotes healthy eating. I see now that I have the power right inside of me to get the results I want. He encouraged everyone to "BEHAVE THEIR WAY TO SUCCESS." I am truly sick of making up stupid excuses and being the victim in all this. I have to take control and take the "blame" and start moving int he right directions.

The whole tape is loaded with golden nuggets. But these two are very informative and motivational to me.

Take care all. Have a great day!

Kim
Old 07-15-2002, 07:35 AM   #5  
"I'm working on it!"

Angry Motivational Monday

Good Morning All

Ok, I thought about this (can ya smell the smoke from the overtaxed brain??) I don't really have one saying or article or anything that really motivates me.

What really motivates me to stay with this WOE???

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD

I read of everyones trials and tribulations. There are the wonderful success stories of those of you who have made it to goal or have lost a lot of weight. Even reading about those who have fallen off the wagon helps, cause then I know we're all human and make mistakes. The encouragement and caring here is wonderful. And even tho I don't post and/or answer everyone, I still try to read what everyone has to say.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

ALSO, my body feels better with this way of eating. My BP has gone down. I can see a difference in my body shape (a GOOD difference) even tho I am about the same weight I was when I started this WOE. And I know that if I stick to this WOE that I WILL lose.

So I guess it's really a combination of things that keeps me motivated to keep plodding along with this WOE.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:57 AM   #6  

Talking Motivation

Good Morning All: I am in a rush to get out the door for work and my hair is still wet - so this is all I can do for now - here is my Motivational statement for Monday.....

Motivation:

It starts with my son, just the other day I stopped by before going to workout – he was at camp – and he said when I was leaving, “Go Lose Another Pound Mom!!!!”

It is my Mother writing me a note when I send her a new photo via email, with the comment, “You are going to have to beat those men off with a stick!”

It is my Grandmother telling me every night when we go for a walk how proud she is of me for taking my health so seriously and how happy she is to see the happy, healthy, old me coming back!

It is the little comments from co-workers when I leave for the gym every day saying “Keep up the good work” or “You Go Girl”…….

It is when my best friend says to me, “You can really see the weight coming off when you wear your black skirt, it looks too big on you”…. And the encouragement I have from her, and knowing that I am encouraging her by staying 100% OP…..

It is reading the success stories in magazines like Shape, Fitness and looking at what they did to lose weight – and knowing that I am doing more exercise and activities and eating even better than they did! I will whoop their behinds when I am at my goal!

It is reading people’s success stories on line for low carb eating – and one man really struck home at how similar my thoughts about it all were to his….

It is looking at before and after pictures….and looking at pictures of myself before I got so heavy….

It is being honest to myself, keeping my diary every day of what I eat and what activities and what thoughts of importance are running through my head at that moment……

It is reading the posts on our support board and seeing how much each person has lost, their faithfulness to this way of eating, and how they have had such a success, and there are the ladies on the board that really motivate me….I see the photos and just crack up over the wonderful difference there is in their success. It is amazing how gorgeous you all are and your photos really motivate me to feel the same about myself.

Motivation – Motivation is losing approximately 10 pounds a month, feeling great about it, and knowing that one day I am going to be at my goal, no matter how long it takes, and that I am going to look in that mirror and see Me for what I am and not for the “Fat Girl” I see myself as now….. When the man winks at me in the gym, I won’t wonder why, instead I will wink right back…..

Sabrina
Old 07-15-2002, 08:57 AM   #7  
Child of God

Angry Good Morning everyone!

Hi guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Sorry I have been MIA...I have been busy, but more importantly, my computer is giving me fits and I have been unable ot get on.

Let me back up to Friday....
My meeting with Kim (Quilter) was AWESOME! What an amazing person, so beautiful both inside and out! Those of you that have met her know what I mean. She is so fun and light hearted. I only wish we had met up long ago! I talked and talked, like we had been friends for a while...it was really great! We had a good lunch (I had a interesting fruit salad) and chatted and chatted...then she told you about Jungle Jims...it was cool! I will never forget the Elvis photo experience. Who had ever heard of such a thing. This Jungle Jim must be full of himself...they were selling his autograph....like COME ON!!! This guy is a nobody! Oh well....we got our photo and I am gonna work on getting it up after I post this. I hope I can remember how to do it.
So THANK YOU KIM!! I really had a great time! BTW...my parents horse came in 4th, my "testamony" went great, and I love the book you gave me. Did you try the sauce or the splenda? We have to get together again soon! Maybe a dinner or whatever...and Jack-k...we must all meet!

I have not read the post from Saturday on...hope to catch up and maybe repost later.

As far as me weight, I am at 115 (actually 114 today). I had to go buy some new clothes. I never ever in a million years thought I would be wearing a 4 or less...well, I had the worst trouble. I could not find pants that fit me....so off to the Junior section I went...my size is a 3....one pair of pants was a 1...but you know my theory on clothes...the numbers mean nothing.
Here is the funny thing:
I decided I needed to diet in January because all of my clothes were getting too tight...I was wearing a 12...getting tight 12. Well, I had to make a choice....either be happy and go buy some new clothes or take it off. Well, I did not want or could afford to get a new set of clothes, so diet it was.
Now here I found myself not fitting into my old clothes, the ones I thought I would never fit into again were getting too big...and I mean big, likeI could put a kid in there with me big....so here I am doing exactly what I did not want to do...buy new clothes, but it is for a better reason, but still...
I am not complaining! It is just irionic, the thing that got me to go on a diet to begine with ended up happening anyway!

Ok...enough of me.
Will try to post our photos and read other posts!

Man, I wish this had a spell check!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:07 AM   #8  

Good Morning Again

Whew! It is brutal out there this morning! Just got in from doing 4.5 miles, took me 49:15, surprisingly. I thought it took me longer than that. I am profusely sweating bullets here!

Well, ELI FINALLY wrote a normal e-mail. At least it has his name on it, I have a distinct feeling that he dictated this for his BIL to type out. I think I read an inkling of nervousness in his e-mail, I think he knows he's not on my good side! His nephew sent me a ton of pics via e-mail. OMG, Eli has gained so much weight! I almost died when I opened up the pictures. It's like he's eaten his way through the country. His sister is an excellent cook and his other sister that's in from Montreal is as well, and they love to spoil him rotten and it sure looks like they're doing a heck of a job!!!! He also looks very tired, like he's aged 10 years.

Hopped on the scale today and it's still at 126, not moving down like I'm hoping, but should soon. I also take my measurements with a tape measure sometimes and did so the other day and then again today, and since TOM is gone, bloating seems to be as well as I'm down 1 1/2" from the other day in my waist. Eating has been wonderful and I'm feeling great!

Have some errands to run today before I p/u the kids from school and take Michael to his guitar lesson, nothing exciting really, just the usual errands. Going to try to get in a little cleaning, but I really don't want to over exert myself

SEF, do you ever go to bed? Geez, you are a night owl! I love your outlook, always so positive, even when there's so much negativity around-you must be the ray of sunshine at the NH I can't believe they stopped your GD like that, I would of been pissed/nervous/annoyed. I dread the day I have to fly somewhere.

QUILTER, I think Dr. Phils message is write on the money, at least for most people. Unless there is a medical issue that causes someone to gain the weight than what he says is true. I have no one else to blame but myself for being heavy all my life, at least I don't think I do once I was old enough to make my own choices. As an adult we are in control of our actions and it's up to us to decide on how to take control of our own lives. I finally decided enough was enough, just wish it hadn't take me so darn long to figure it all out

ZANNE, I can't agree with you more!!!!

TRANQUIL, WOW, I loved your MM contribution because it came from the heart. It's not just about weight loss, it's so much more, and your post really proves that!

KIMMY, I'm so happy you and QUILTER had a meeting and a great time together, and yes, I know from meeting her exactly what you are talking about, she is a doll! I know with talking with her yesterday she thinks the same about you. Now you know when we talk about SB METTINGS with other board members just what we are talking about and how we feel. It's an awesome experience to meet people in person. Can't wait to see the pics. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll try to help you.

Okay, I'm about cooled down and I seem to be caught up. I'll check in sometime later.

Have a wonderful day and a great week!

Debbie
194/126/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 07-15-2002, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default MM

Ok, I've look for somthing motivational to post. Here goes

"Cut the "im" out of "impossible" leaving that dynamic work standing out free and clear - "impossible"

Always maintain hopefullness, especially when the going is hard.

If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.

Realize you are greater than you ever estimated yourself to be.

I realized that after finding something motivational, that none of these sayings is what did it for me. I can't tell you what it was. I have always said that "something" got a hold of me that day. Maybe it was the severe headaches I was having that scared me. Maybe it was the embarrassment of being so fat. I was ashamed for my DH to see me naked. I don't really know. 2 friends of mine had started SB and had done great. My DH sduggested I try it too. I protested, There was nothing I could eat. I tried it, read the book and went forward. I have never looked back. Some people same I am obessed with exercise and this WOE. Maybe I am. Maybe that is what keeps me going for 9 months. I don't really know. All I know that I like myself now. I still have 30-40 to go, but I look much better. I just hope that whatever "got a hold of me" never lets go.

I have a co-worker who tells me everyday how "hot" I am. It's become a big joke. In fact, I am embarrassed a little when she says it in front of people. But it really keeps me going. I have another co-worker who is also doing SB with me. We share recipes, ideas, and struggles. She keeps me going You wonderful people keep me going more than anything. I can't wait to get here on Monday and read the posts. I can't do this without you guys. I'm afraid to try. Thanks to each and everyone of you for being here. I send you my thanks and my love.

I have go on too long and now I am almost crying.

I have to catch up on some of the posts I missed over the weekend.

Tranquil & Serene, WTG on your legal night out. It ca be done and you are proof. Congrats. But don't those other drunks get on your nerves faster. LOL

Cheryl, what are the symptons of Central Nervous System Vasculitis? My friend has soemthing which they thought was Lupus but now can't figure out, Maybe she has what you have. My first week on SB was a 8 lb loss. I know it was water, but still it's 8 pounds lighter on that scale.

Mercy, It has taken me 9 months to lose this 80 lbs. That's ok though. i feel that maybe it will stay off this time (no, I'm sure it will stay off this time). I can honestly say I have not been deprived of anything major. This is of WOL for me.

Tree, Will your DH drink the diet Mountain Dew. My girls tell me it is pretty close to the original.

Quilter, Good going on the party and I loved the icing story. How funny.

Rosalie, A happy belated birthday. Hope it was a good one.

Bob, I loved the North & South miniseries. I was totally addicted to them.

Sef, How nice of your DIL to buy the clothes for the people at church. She must take after her MIL.

Kimmy, A size 12 to a 2 or 3. How wonderful for you. You have done great. I definately want to meet up with you and Kim the next time. I can't wait.

Deb, You will be so happy to see Eli, you will forget how mad you were. Don't spoil his and your homecoming.

To everyone that has posted MM so far, they have been great and very inspiring. Thanks.

Have a wonderful Monday. Hope to check back later.

Jackie
257/180/145
10-10-01
Old 07-15-2002, 09:42 AM   #10  
Football Fanatic

Default I got this in an email the other day...

The Monday Morning Message

Inspiring Leaders to an Outstanding Week

Have a Strategy

He who every morning plans the transactions of the day and follows out that plan carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the most busy life.

- Victor Hugo

Before we had arrived in Orlando, a friend had given us a
suggestion as to how to have a more pleasant visit to Walt Disney World's Epcot Center. The strategy that our friend suggested was a simple, but very effective, way to see most of the entire park in one day.

We arrived at the main entrance early in the morning, before the park opened. Then once the gates were opened, the other patrons went in and began stopping at the stores close to the entrance and at the attractions at the front of the park.

But our strategy was to do exactly the opposite of what the rest of the crowd was doing and so my wife and I sprinted to the back of the park. The theory was that if the rest of the crowd was working its way from the front of the park to the back, then we would have shorter waiting queues by working from the back of the park to the front.

The strategy worked. We were able to cover the entire park in one day. We spent no more than 5 minutes in queues while others were waiting as long as one hour. Having a unique strategy, rather than just moving along with the crowd, made our day more productive and enjoyable.

Too many people not only don't have a strategy for days that they spend at places like Epcot Center, but they don't have a unique plan or strategy for any day of their life. They get out of bed in the morning and just follow the crowd. They go wherever everyone else is going or where their told to go. As the day goes by their stress level builds and chaos reigns. They can't wait until the sun goes down and the day is over.

If you're not as productive, effective and as happy as you want to be it may be that you need to do a little more planning before you begin each day. Even the busiest life can be mastered through having a strategy for dealing with it.

This week focus on having a unique strategy for each day rather than surrendering your time to the chance of incident. Concentrate on how every moment might be better used to help you to achieve your life's goals. Avoid the temptation to leisurely follow the rest of the crowd and develop a plan every morning for doing things differently from those around you. Plan the transactions of your day in a way that will carry you through the labyrinth of the busiest life.

Tip of the Week

Just three years ago, the Japanese automaker Nissan was close to bankruptcy. But then Carlos Ghosn took over as president and CEO and he implemented the Nissan Revival Plan. In February of this year, Ghosn announced that the revival plan goals are going to be met a year ahead of schedule and Nissan's comeback is almost complete. In the July issue of Fast Company magazine, Ghosn offered his ideas on what were some of the most important things he did to turn the company around. These ideas are applicable to any situation where you've been asked to lead a team or organization that is in disarray...

Provide and Communicate the Vision. "One of the biggest signs that a company is in trouble is when the employees are confused about strategy and priorities. My first act was to move from a state of confusion to one of clarification. I needed to explain what we had to undertake and why we had to undertake it and then outline the best way to do it."

Be an Outstanding Listener. "When I came to Nissan, I engaged in what I call "active listening" with as many people as I could. I also got a lot of advice from outside the company, most of which was very conservative. People told me, 'You can't go fast in Japan. You can't close plants in Japan. You can't reduce head count.' I listened carefully, even to the opinions that totally contradicted my own beliefs, to make sure that when I made decisions, I hadn't missed anything."

Share the Risk. ""If you ask people to go through a difficult period of time, they have to trust that you're sharing it with them. So I said that if we did not fulfill our commitments, I would resign. I was not responsible for our situation in 1999. But when you accept the top job in a company, you assume its past, present, and future. I told my critics, 'Don't judge me on a good speech. Judge me on my results. Be very cynical. Be very cold. Look at the profits, the debt, the market share, the appeal of the cars, and then judge me'."

Until next Monday, have an outstanding week!

Bruce

The Monday Morning Message is written each week by Bruce A. Rector in
Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. and is sent to business, community and government
leaders in over 75 countries around the world. Copyright 2002 by Bruce A.
Rector. All rights reserved.

Ok, so I know you are wondering, "How on Earth does that apply to SB????" Well, let me tell you how it inspires me. The whole going against the crowd theory is so wonderful when I see that my friends and all these people are "standing in line" with their diets, not losing weight, or losing so slowly that they get frustrated and quit. I however, in doing SB, feel like I have started at the back of the park, and I'm losing faster, but not by "skipping in line" or being unsafe. Instead I am going about it the smart way. So when acquaintences try to put down the idea of Sugarbusters, I smile and ask just how much weight they have lost in the last 5 onths. Other than a gastric bypass patient, I haven't seen ANYONE that has lost as much as I have. (Excluding fellow SBers, of course!) I don't feel that this is the only way, but it certainly makes sens to me!

Well, I'm off to water aerobics - starting at the back of the park again this morning!
Old 07-15-2002, 09:58 AM   #11  
Child of God

Lets try this again!!!

Quilter and Kimmythekid at Jungle Jims
Old 07-15-2002, 10:11 AM   #12  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

I hope this is the start of a beautiful week for everyone!

I've been off the board since Thursday--my church's VBS began last night--so I was at the church ALL weeking decorating and getting set up. Everything went very well last night and the kids seemed to be having a ball! We are using the Bug Safari curriculum--anyone else out there use it for your church? Anyway we have transformed the entire bottom floor of our education building into a jungle atmosphere!

The best news is that so far, I've managed to stay OP! Even Saturday when I was at the church for more than 10 hours--I did ok. I had a big bag of candy for my volunteers--but I didin't touch them. It's funny--sometimes that would just kill me--and sometimes it would be so bad that I would give in--but Saturday it didn't bother me one bit. Go figure.

I've had a chance to skim the board from the weekend. It was good to see that Kimmy and Quilter got together--loved the picture! Deb--take it easy on Eli--remember all those busy signals? He may have trouble getting phone calls out. Besides--he's just a guy--they ALWAYS see this communication stuff differently! Who was it that asked about detox dizziness? I have experienced that--I generally get a little light headed as the sugar leaves my system!

OK--Oldie goldie Monday Motivation:

One day at a time! The saying is so old that it is trite--but also true. If we think about never eating sugar, or refined carbs for the entire rest of our lives, then the challenge is overwhelming. But here's the good news. You don't have to stay OP for the entire rest of your life. You only need to stay OP for today! Each day make it your goal to stay Op for that day only. Don't fret about tomorrow--or next week, that can overwhelm us. All we need to do is eat healthily for today. If we make that our goal for each day, then they will add up to a lifetime of healthy eating habits--one day at a time!

Have a good day everyone!

Susan

Last edited by Fillise; 07-15-2002 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:27 AM   #13  

Good Morning

First of all thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I was working during the day this weekend but spent a pleasant evening with my family. My daughter was waiting for me when I got home. I had a beautiful bunch of flowers from my grandkids and a new camera from my kids. The one I had been using was giving me problems loading the film and I had been thinking of buying a new one so this was a nice surprise.

I see so many good responses for MM. I've taken the easy way out and copied something from an earlier MM post:

You are the person who has to decide
Whether you'll do it or toss it aside
You are the person who makes up your mind
Whether you'll lead or will linger behind
Whether you'll try for the goal that's afar
Or just be contented to stay where you are.

We all have to make up our own minds that we can do this. No one else can do it for us. What motivates me to keep at it is I just never want to gain back what I have lost since starting this woe. I feel so much better and am able to do more things than I could have done at my previous weight. Also all the compliments I still get from people at work are motivating.

This has to be a quickie as I had a late start this morning. I was up very late last night checking out some stuff on the computer and didn't get to bed until almost 3.00 a.m. and consequently slept in late, was woken up by the phone at about 9.15 a.m. I am off to badminton at noon and have to work this evening and time is running out. Have to go and jump in the shower and get some breakfast before heading out.

Have a good day everyone.

Marie.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Jack-K
CNSV is hard to diagnose. Mostly terrible headaches, cognitive problems, inability to fuction normally.
I have a site you can pass on to your friend:
CNSVNET

I'm glad this site was created.
It's so great to see people enjoying a "diet".
I am having no problems whatsoever incorporating SB into my life.
As soon as I feel comfortable I'm going to start suggesting this to my group.
We all gained on average 60 or more pounds from the Prednisone and plain lack of energy.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:43 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default My motivation...

Good morning..it's raining again..and from what I hear it will be raining again tomorrow. So I will have to find a different exersice other than walking. I did get in about 18 miles or so last week.

Well, I thought long and hard about sharing my motivation for this assignment. I know that some share my faith and some don't. But the truth of what motivates me is my faith. And there is a verse that I cry out when things get tough...when I can't walk one more step or feel like the weight will never come off.....

Phillippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

That's the verse that got me through the last 3 tenths of my first mile running.

I appreciate all the motivational things that have been shared today. They have inspired me and motivated me. It's been hard as my focus has changed from wanting to be healthy to wanting to be thin again. I KNOW that healthy is the goal. I just have to remind myself.

Love,
Crystle

235/156/140
Closed Thread