South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Default phase one, anyone? need support!!

howdy chicas

this summer has seen me mostly (who'm i kiddin'?) okay- all the way off the wagon and kinda idly ambing around stuffing myself with ben and jerry's and pizza....what started out pretty harmless (the occasional bowl of special k, some oreos etc) snowballed into totally out of control faster than i care to admit.
why can't i just stay on plan? watched myself make elaborate excuses: too busy, no microwave, too expensive, too time-consuming etc. now i am in my fattest fat pants, am unhappy and p.o.ed
but! now that i have got vacation i want to get back on track and hope i do not have to do it alone! anyone out there starting P1???!! i really need some support!

thanks
jan
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Janda, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting back on the wagon. You just have to make up your mind that you're going to do it and don't let anything get in your way. Get rid of any temptations that are in the house and avoid any situations where they'll be food that you can't eat. If you do go out, take along your own SBD foods so you'll be armed and ready. It really helps a lot to pre-plan all your meals and snacks for the week ahead of time. That way you know exactly what you'll be having and when. Stay strong and hang in there - you can do it!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Janda, wish there was a magic bullet I could hand you, but honestly, it has to come from within. In my case, I had to get so disgusted with myself that I finally "gave in" and decided "today is the day!"

I had promised my Dad before he died that I would lose the weight...it took a year after his death for me to finally keep that promise. I stayed motivated thinking about looking good for my kids' college graduations (2 will graduate this year) and being around when I finally had grandchildren etc. And I was just plain tired of looking at my Grandmother in the mirror. It is so cool looking at ME again!

You CAN do this. If I could, I promise Anyone can. I was the queen of sugar, white rice and pasta!!

I saw my sister in law for the first time since Katrina a couple of months ago. She has been struggling with her weigh for years. She took one look at me and said
"I hate you". I told her "I hated myself more than you ever could". I think it is that "hate" and disgust that really got me motivated.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-04-2008 at 06:20 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #4  

thanks a million ladies for ur support. i just feel so demotivated and cannot seem to find that "spark". preparing for sbd, which used to fill me with purpose and feel so liberating, now just seems a huge bother....
no more excuses...starting tomorrow
Old 08-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #5  

cat-i can relate to the self-loathing and disgust. it is keeping me from wearing a bikini and enjoying the summer with my boy-friend... it is also keeping me from getting closer to my bf. period. i hope to be able to turn it around like you did
Old 08-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Janda, I've been messing around with SBD for over a year now (started on another site) and I too started P1 AGAIN yesterday. Unlike you I can't get past the 180 (occassionally get down to 178) then right back up there!

TRUST ME I feel the pain.

However, this weekend I picked up the SBD book again, headed out to the store and stocked up on food! I have my menu's planned. I also picked up a kashi thin crust pizza if the craving gets to bad, or if my son comes he'll have something to eat that wont send me as far off plan as I was last week when my nephew was here! I gained 10 pounds!!!!!

Hugs hun... I'm doing this to lose weight, I won't lie. But I'm also doing it to get healthy!

Good luck!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #7  
Determined to lose!

Oh, Something I find helps me stay on plan... First and foremost, a menu plan! There's been times I needed to go shopping and not had the time to make a menu, so I'm preparing for that. I picked up a $2 3 ring binder and am putting the food list as well as any recipe I like in it so those times I need to just grab a list and run it will take just a minute to figure which recipe's I want for that week.

The other one is FOOD JOURNAL! If I don't I find myself eating more than I ought!
Loriann7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Just think about how you will look and feel when you reach your goal and also realize that the people you admire who are in great shape are avoiding unhealthy foods 99% of the time. You have to make the sacrifice to reach your goal. Hang in there.
thunderbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11

Just started phase one yesterday, this is my first time with South Beach. I feel very motivated so far, I had a big time 'ah ha' moment and knew things must change. This isn't the way I am supposed to be (overweight) and need to do it NOW.
That being said I've tried dieting before I usually do ok for a few days, a week, maybe two then that is when I struggle. Sticking with it is my main problem, getting started I can do over and over and over....sigh....
AutumnRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoops! Just realized I didn't post a Phase I thread for the week. I'll go do that now. It's a good place to share the ideas, questions and grumbles about Phase I.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #11  

loriann-took ur advice on the menuplan....so very helpful! last time i just ate sbchili and chicken divan for 2 weeks .....having variety makes it so much easier.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Janda, you can totally do this! Go through the recipe section and pick out a new dish for each day so you have lots of variety. Make up some homemade coleslaw, homemade 3 bean salad, homemade tomato and cucumber salad, and/or broccoli-cheese salad and grill up some chicken breasts or boneless pork chops. You can find so many yummy things to eat on the beach and variety will help you feel more satisfied and give you more nutrients!

Fruit is very appetizing in the summer, but don't forget all those glorious homegrown tomatoes! And zucchini, cucumbers, and fresh lettuce. Not to mention herbs! Go to the farmers' market and I know you'll feel inspired.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote