Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Health-Focused Friends #3

Hello!

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning!

Trish - yay, only 2 weeks until your appt. with the chiropractor. Let us know how you like the tea. My highlights are very subtle, but still, I like them! Next time I may go a tad lighter.

Jen - I got the highlights because my stylist asks me every visit when am I going to get them, lol. The ring I ordered has 2 rows of small turquoise stones. The stones are different shades of turquoise, actually. I really like it, and and tend to wear those colors a lot. Wow, I admire you for being able to work at the movie theater and stay OP! When I go to the movies, I take some cereal in a baggie with me, lol. I like that you call your mother mam! I've always wanted to go to Ireland, since I'm 1/4 Irish, but haven't made it so far. Maybe someday. I've read all the Catherine Cookson and Maeve Binchey books.

Hello to all the others.

We're going to a cookout at my sister's tonight, and I've already figured my points for it. Now I have to stay with what I wrote down. I can do it!

Have a good day!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #3  
We can do this

S/C/G: 223/ticker/120

Height: 5"3.5

WOW i have only just discovered weight watchers chocolate brownies. Oh lord they are divine.!!

goodluck with the cookout jane, I would do the opposite, I would enjoy it and then figure out what id eaten in points and if it was over work it off the rest of the week.
Guess that is why weight watchers works, you can adapt it to suit you.
Your ring sounds really pretty too. The only thing about going to the movies is that when I go now I dont even want to bother with popcorn or anythin because I tend to be fed up looking at it all day long. but when its thre in front of me an im workin its an entirely different kettle of fish.

Im the total opposite Id love to visit America one day. no idea why just would love to.

So does anybody have any little mini goals in mind? Mine obviouisly is for this dinner dance in September at the minute that is D DAY.
Ultimatley Id like to have a stone off (14 pounds) that would make a **** of a difference. But that only leaves me 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. It can be done. I just need to stay focused. Sorry for going on abit.
Anybody else have any mini goals?

Good luck all
JeN
Old 08-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Just poppin in to let ya all know where I'll be the next couple weeks:

Here

I will post more when it's all over. Until then, keep up the good work!!
Old 08-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hello,

Jen - do you have any relatives you can come visit here in the USA? I was supposed to go to Ireland a couple of years ago with a friend, but then my plans changed. Goals? My short term one is to just stay OP for more than just a day or two at a time. I think you'll make your goal by the time the dance date gets here. Do you have something special picked out to wear?

Marti - aww, we'll miss you, but totally understand about being busy. Just pop back in whenever you can. Don't work too hard!

Hello to anyone else reading this.

Today has been one lazy day, and I've enjoyed the relaxed pace. I ate too much at the cookout, but it wasn't too bad. Today, I've been OP so far.

I've been reading when I ride my exercise bike, which isn't good for my arms, but the time sure does pass faster that way. Now, if I could just figure a way to get my laptop up there, I'd get many more miles in, lol.

Toodles!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #6  
We can do this

Seems only myself and Jane around these days
I managed to stay OP again today feeling great about it too, haven't got anything picked out yet to wear will wait until closer to the time just in case i lose more weight before then

How much more food did you eat at the cookout?? Was it lots more than planned? Good work on the exercise bike. I haven't had a chance to get much exercise in but I'm gonna work on that from next week.

Hope everyone is doing well
JeN
Old 08-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies,

We are having a hard time turning our sleeping around so we can get up to go to church plus I've been having sinus headache. We got a little rain twice this week (very little) but I think it stirred something up. Any way, we went to Costco in Charlotte and then came back by Walmart to pick up a few things I couldn't get at Costco and buy gasoline. I think Tony said it was $3.49 a gal at Walmart. Somethings I could buy there but it's just too much for 2 people. Did get some fruit. I hadn't looked through all the stuff in the package they gave Tony when we left the mandatory class we had to attend at the Chiropractor center Monday and they had a diet in it. It is mostly eating protein, carbs and fat. The protein is lean meats, carbs are veggies and fruit and the fats are the "good" fats. It is quite interesting and adaptable to WW, but then I think when you get down to it almost all diets are. So we are working at eating more healthy and get a little more variety.

Marti - Ohh You will be missed. Sounds like a very busy time for you. We will be looking forward to your return.

Jen - I agree with Jane. You will make your 10 lb goal. For one thing you are young and I lost weight a lot easier when I was younger. My mini goal is to get to 198 lbs. and work at being healthier. Now that I have insurance I can go to the doctor and get help. I'm not setting a time limit, but I would love to be under 200 lbs by the end of the year. It is possible if I just do what I works for me.

Jane - We went out to Chili's to eat today and I ate what I wanted. The strange thing is I didn't over do. I had the appetizer skillet dip with chips and didn't make a dent in the chips. Tony wanted me to bring them home, but I told him "NO". I told him I didn't want them in the house. They were a treat and the nice thing is that I ate what I wanted and stopped when satisfied. Came home and like you did... I'm OP for the rest of the day. That is what normal thin people do and I think that is what we are finally learning to do friend. I think these are the things that will help us become successful at losing this weight and "keeping" it off.

Jaime - Hope you are having fun at your sisters.

Angie, Pat, Ruth, SPatty and anyone I missed - and how are y'all.

Everybody have a good evening.

Trish
Old 08-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #8  

Hi! Five years ago, I lost 85 pounds at WW, and would you believe I still go to the meetings EVERY week, but have gained half my weight back. My fault, of course--not theirs. I know if I quit going, I'll gain it all back. I've been on the right track again for four weeks, so I hope I'm on a streak!
Old 08-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #9  
We can do this

Hey patty glad to hear that you managed to stay OP for the rest of the day? Glad you got a new diet that is working for you!

Id love to be under 200 pounds by the end of the year, thats only 22 weeks away ladies. Thanks patty you've given me another mini goal to work on after this dinner. to be under 200 for the end of 2008

Hi gmdavis that is brilliant work on the 85 pounds even if you did gain some back, thats some accomplishment either way. Good to know you're back on the right track.
hi to everybody else
JeN
Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

So Jen,,,that means you could loose 1 pound a week and be close to your goal of being 200 by the end of the year! Doable...
I have plans of going to Ireland in 2 years.. Will be with a couple of friends and just touring the area. My grandfather was born in Killybegs..and would like to see if there is any family of his still around.

I think right now Im the only Canadian in this group...but believe me Ive been to many places in the US. 23 days till New York!

I did well at the work potluck...I filled up on fruits, and veggies. I did have samosos..so spicy I ate part of one,,,whewww

Went to a local pub with the co workers,,,was fun but had one incident with a drunk co worker. I guess this is common for him to get drunk then start fighting...this time around he went after Brandon (my son who works with me)
I didn't get involved,,,I let the others take care of it. He did kinda stop...as in he didn't stand up and threaten to hit him. About a half hr later I went to the ladies room and when i got back I ended up sitting next to him. He was spouting off again,,,and well Id had enough. I grabbed his chair swung him around and got close and snarled out,,,a few choice words...told him I was talking to him as a coworker,,,not as Brandon's mom. God help him if he didn't stop cause I would then come after him as an angry mom. I think I scared him sober cause he put down his drink and was quiet the rest of the night.

So today I ate pretty good. Lots of left overs. Do you find that when you grocery shop,,,when you are putting things away that you find little bits of food,,,not enough for 4,,,enough for 1. So today I took all the left overs...
and made dinner.
gonna get my water in and all will be well.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  
We can do this

That sounds like an eventful night well once everything is okay I suppose and nobody got hurt!
I refused to serve a man in the movie theatre today because of his attitude. My boss loves me so I can get away with it!

Yeah I could manage to be at 200 or JUST under by the end of the year.
WOW imagine being 23 pounds lighter for Christmas, lbd here i come lol

JeN
Old 08-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone

Angelia~Did you have a big rain storm Saturday? I was watching tv live from Montreal and it rained the whole time. I think you handled the drunk co-worker very well! You got his attention!

Jen~Your weight loss goal is very doable. My mini goal is to weigh 170 something in the next 3 weeks.

Trish~You are doing so well.

Everyone else have a great day~let us know how you are doing. Catch ya all later Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 08-04-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

Good morning,

Jen - I thought maybe you'd found something special to wear, and use that as an incentive to stay OP. Will this be a formal dinner dance? How dressy do you need to be? When you find something, I hope you share a picture, since we're all in this with you.

Trish - yes, you're right! We do need to learn to eat like naturally thin people do. I have trouble with that most of the time, though, lol. Yay for you, not bringing home the leftovers. If it isn't in the house, we can't eat it, right? The price of gas is about $3.47 here, so Neal is filling up my tank while he's in town today.

gmdavis - a big to you! I lost 85 pounds with WW in 2004, and never did put it all back on, either, although I'm close. I think that says something for how we lost it at a reasonable rate. I'm much flabbier now, though. Anyway, I'm glad you joined us, and look forward to knowing you better.

Angie - yay for you, putting the jerk in his place. Sounds like you scared the bejeebers outta him, lol. I'd like to have been there! Neal and I eat leftovers a lot, or if I make a pot of soup, we'll eat on that for awhile. He doesn't mind it, and I don't like to cook. Mary sends suppers on the days we have the girls. Works for me!

Pat -

Today starts a 3 day stretch of us watching the girls from about noon until 7 when Dale gets home. As I mentioned, Mary sends supper for all of us, ready to pop in the oven, or in a crock pot, so that's a big help.

I got my first-of-the-month bills paid, and also our property taxes. Yikes! That sure made a dent in my "fun" money, lol.

Have a good, healthful day!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane,,,I haven't been cooking much with me getting home at 6,,,Monte gets home at 2. He starts and most times finishes it,,,sometimes he lets me finish it. We do well with working as a team. I tell him I feel bad hes having to do so much more around the house and his reply is when I was home more I did it,,,so it equals out.

Jen,,,exactly what Jane said about having an outfit as an incentive. I *dated* a pair of jeans for months till I could buy and wear them.

Pat I live in Alberta,,,west of Montreal,,,I would say Montreal is a 4 hr plane ride or 20+ car ride. We had grumblings of thunder and light spit.

Did anyone hear about the crazy man in the greyhound bus?

So today I plan to drink more then my share of water. And eat healthy. So far so good.
And well I have BIG plans today,,,I get to go to Home Depot and buy a new toilet. I know Im soooo lucky I can barely contain myself..*sniff Im checking out the prices on the 1-2 flush ones.

Well I should get ready,,,Im not sure what to wear for my big plans the satin gown or the velvet paintsuit....hmmmm ha
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Angie - Girl, you gotta take it on the road!!
Closed Thread