Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default August Activity Action and Achievement for the worldly chicks

Here we are in August. Year is just flying by and I haven't lost a thing - apart from my mind on occasions.

Lets rip into August with a vengeance. I aim to lose those two darn kilo still floating around before more come back with their friends.

Up and at 'em in August hey girls?

Old thread - click on the link:
July and all that jazz

Last edited by Shad; 08-01-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Yeah I got it to work - not bad for a Saturday 6.30am
Old 08-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #2  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Evening My Worldly Chick a Dees..............

Took the day off of work. Went had my hair colored, picked up DS at his dad's then picked DD up at work, went to dinner with the kids and came home. Oh and DS and I went by mom and dad's before picking up DD. Mom had a bunion removed from her little toe that was fused to the bone. It looked yucky. She had it wrapped with gauze and a shoe boot thingy on. She could barely walk without that, now she is really in a fix. Anyway, I had chicken pecan salad on a bed of lettuce, tomato, cuke, cheese. Oh my goodness was it ever good. Yum Yum. We went to Paradise Cafe where they bake their own bread, cookies and build salads right in front of you, fresh. Homemade coutons and ranch dressing. I probably put 200 miles on my car. DSs dad lives about 65 miles away then had to drive back and go north around Indy to pick up DD. I am tired of being in a car and want to strangle someone.

Going out with the girls tomorrow night to a place called Britton's Tavern. Supposed to be a little bit classy but not too stuffy. Live band too. Hope their good, one margarita and I feel like dancing. Not that I can dance worth a poo, but you might say I move around and think I can dance. hahahaha Both kids are in a corn hole tournament tomorrow and probably won't make it home sober or even miss me. I am glad it is not me, tomorrow is supposed to be 93 and humid. It was so humid today, it looked hazy as heck, like someone just put out a fire and there was lingering smoke.

Oh heck, I am just babbling. I took two excedrin migraines (which have caffeine) and now I am finging off the wall, between that and the caffeinated iced tea I drank all day long. My head is feeling better, kind of on the light headed side. Hope to sleep good tonight too.

Oh horse hockey, the dryer just went off, I have a load of towels to get folded. No rest for the weary.

Everyone have a marvelous weekend, maybe will get back in here on Sunday, and fill you all in on the night out with the girls. Maybe I will me my prince. haha.

Love and Hugs
Old 08-02-2008, 12:03 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello ladies,

Thank you Shad for coming up with a theme and getting us into a new month. Year flying by indeed! Zooooom. Time is running like mad but it still seems like forever to retirement. We never seem to get closer.

I will promise you a renewed committment to the weight loss efforts this month. The more I read, the more I am starting to believe that my "fuzzy eyes" are not so much from getting older, but perhaps an effect of the pre-diabetes which scares me to no end. So I'm going to try harder than I have in a long, long time to get some weight off. I did weigh in the first of August at less than the 1st of July - not by much but by enough to start the momentum downward.

Well Shad, after reading your last post I promise not to complain about the office conditions. No matter how bad we have it, it does not compare to being squished into cattle class on a crowded airplane for 8 hours. I am sending you good vibes that you get a decent seat - or at least an aisle That is specificially the reason DH does not want to go to Hawaii. (Where my boss is now btw - hope she is having a grand time as she REALLY deserves a vacation after what's turned out to be a very stressful year). And I hate to tell you but youknowwho is not about to change her ticker, you will just have to disable signatures I think

Annie - it sounds like you have a really fun weekend planned. I was watching Last Comic Standing and the last female comedienne did a bit on girls drinking and how after a few we get to thinking we are John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. What we THINK we look like and what we actually DO My response is this is why Cindy Lauper wrote "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - get it where you can and have a great time. Chicken Pecan Salad is the best. There's a great one at Portillo's up in Chicago. I miss it dearly. Hope Mom feels better - those orthopedic surgery boots are all the rage right now. Too bad you can't decorate them like a cast. And finally - lots of caffeine on an empty stomach and 2 Excedrin will give you a cheap buzz. An uncomfortable one, but one no less.

I guess I have gone on a bit of a quarterly spending binge. Ordered 6 pairs of shoes online - they have free shipping and returns so is not a big deal. Had to rotate 2 of them to different sizes - one a half size up, the other a half size down, 2 did not work at all. So really, I only bought 3 pairs of shoes. It's very hard to find something that is comfortable but not too clunky dunky. Found a new brand - Softwalk. They have an "egg crate" type of cushiony insole that feels wonderful. Was one of the shoes I had to reorder in a smaller size - I'm anticipating DH's reaction to what dah heck are you buying so many shoes for??????? I will beat him to the punch when we go to the post office to return 3 pairs tomorrow.

I also reordered 2 of my most favorite teas - one is Jasmine Pearls that I absolutely love. I am most grateful that they fixed the air conditioning in the office so that I can enjoy my cup of hot tea again. I also got some delicious cranberry melange which has bits of apple in it and makes the most refreshing iced tea. DH will enjoy that too. I still have a few tea samples in the cabinet to use up. I find that I didn't care for the black teas - too strong so I gave them to my sister. Some of the green teas smelled lovely (as does this cranberry one) but they were rather bland. Either that or I have to pay more attention to subtle tastes. Shad likes fragrant roses, I like fragrant teas

I ordered some books on keeping the brain and mental state in good health as well as 2 books on diet and pre-diabetes. The doctor's office never called me back with a dietician reference - thank you very much. So God helps those who educate themselves and I will also tap into my friend Michelle's resources I did find an educational program that looks good at the hospital - had them call my doctor for a referral - will bug them again next week.

And then I wrapped it up with buying 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of slacks. It's taking so long for them to get here that by the time they show up I won't want them.

I'd say I overspent I will have to be REALLY nice to DH

And that's kind of about it. It's going to get really hot here again. I should get off the computer and into bed. Told DH I'd help him finish weeding tomorrow and it will be best to get out early in the morning.

Good night for now and Happy Active August to you

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-02-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

oh and happy belated birthday Holly
Old 08-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHO IS EVERYONT TALKING ABOUT? WHAT TICKER? I WILL HAVE TO KEEP A CAREFUL WATCH AND SEE WHAT'S GOPING ON :look:

SHAD....THANKS FOR THE NEW AUGUST AUGUST THREAD MY GOAL THIS MONTH IS JUST NOT TO GAIN AND TO DECLUTTER THINGS....ACTUALLY MAKE MY ROOMS MORE ACCESSIBLE FOR THESE ARMS AND CUT DOWN ON DAILY AGGRAVATION SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR A ROOMY PLANE RIDE AND SAFE LANDING. BUT I THINK I MUST HAVE MISSED A POST

HAPPY....GET OFF THE INTERNET AND GIVE THE DH THE CREDIT CARDS I HAVE HEARD OF SOFTWALK AND SAW THEM ON A SITE SOMEWHERE JUST RECENTLY. GLAD YOU FOUND SONETHING COMFORTABLE THOUGH.
GOOD O ON THE A/C WORKING ALSO WE WILL HAVE TO CHEER YOU ON TO GOOD HEALTH. WAKE UP CALLS CAN BE A GOOD THING WHEN YOU TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO GRAB ON TO THE FEAR AND USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE FOR MOTIVATION. AS YOU WELL KNOW I AM VERY ADEPT AT THAT

KIND OF DARK AND DREARY HERE. THAT'S OK WITH ME AFTER YESTERDAY'S FIASCO. IT STARTED WITH ME DOING NOTHING KINDA DAY. WENT OUT TO GET THE VIT D AND IT WAS ALL DOWNHILL AFTER THAT. INCLUDING THE WOMAN WHO HAD BEEN HERE LATE AT NIGHT THAT TIME AND I THOUGHT SHE WAS DRUNK? WELL PARKINSON'S AND ONE DRINK SEEMED TO KNOCK HER OFF BALANCE MENTALLY. THEN YESTERDAY THE HEAT SENT HER HEAD REELING AND SHE FOUND ME AGAIN. NOT SURE HOW TO HANDLE THIS BUT SHE IS GOING TO GIVE ME HER SON'S # IN CALIFORNIA TUESDAY. IF NOT THEN THE TOWN CAN HANDLE THIS. SHE HAS FIXATED ON THE BLDG AND ME FOR HELP POOR SOUL. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH HERE IN THE BLDG WITH 99 THAT I NEED THEM COMING IN FROM DOWN THE STREET? WE WILL JUST CHANGE THE NAME TO MEL'S HOME FOR WAYWARD PEOPLE. JOHN ASKED IF I AM THE NEW TOWSHIP'S SOCIAL DIRECTOR, STAYED AFTER 4 SO HE COULD HELP ME GET HER HOME. THE REST IS ALL DRAMA AND I WILL SMACK MY OWNSELF IN THE HEAD REPEATEDLY TO NOT GET UPSET OVER IT. BUT I CAN SAY THAT I LOOKED INTO MY PISCES CRYSTAL BALL AND CAN SEE A LOT OF MY "FRIENDS" GETTING HURT DOWN THE ROAD AS THE DRAMA UNFOLDS. I HAVE FASTENED MY SEATBELT AND HAVE A BOX OF TISSUES AT THE READY.
BUT FOR NOW....I HAVE 2 DAYS OF FREEDOM AND SILENCE. EVEN THE KIDS ARE HAPPILY GETTING READY FOR THE FAIR. SO ALL IS WELL IN MY SMALL FAMILY...OTHER THAN RICHIE COMPLAINING TO ME THAT WHEN HE CALLS JEN AND THE KIDS THEY ARE TOO BUSY TO TALK TO HIM WHILE THEY ARE SWIMMING!! POOR GUY IS FEELING LEFT OUT!!

HAVE A HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! STAY WELL
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #6  
Happy September

ANNIE...WOW WHAT A DAY YOU HAD!!! AT LEAST THE FOOD WAS GOOD! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL EVERYONE THE CAR HAS A FLAT TIRE!! ALL I CAN SAY IS GOD HELP THE "RESPONSIBLE PEOPLE" OF THE WORLD THIS MONTH!

MICHELLE...GLAD THE VISIT WENT WELL. HOPE THE OTHER DR WILL BE PLEASED. MY TRYGLICERIDES ARE 364...NOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER ABOPUT YOURS??? SOME OF THE DIABETICS HERE HAVE ME BUY INSURE WHEN THEY HAVE VIRUSES. OTHERS CANNOT HOLD IT DOWN AND HAVE DIETARY SUGGESTIONS LIKE YOU GOT. I FOUND OUT CAUSE THEY GIVE ME A SHOPPING LIST!! HOPE THE TUMMY IS BACK TO NORMAL!

ADIOS AMIGAS!! HASTA MANANA!!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #7  
Happy September

poor shad....there was no room left in cattle class on the flight so the airport was nice enough to find an alternative airline to accomodate her............

she arrived a bit rumpled but unharmed

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-02-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #8  
Happy September

Marinated Shrimp with Mediterranean Salad

1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh basil, torn
Kosher salt and pepper
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
1/3 cup (3 ounces) black olives, pitted
3 ounces Feta, sliced
1 5-ounce bag pita chips or cracker bread

In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, oil, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Add the radishes, bell peppers, olives, and Feta. Gently stir to combine. Divide among individual bowls and spoon any remaining liquid over the tops. Serve with the pita chips or cracker bread.

Tip: On the go? Tuck this crunchy seafood salad into a pita or roll it up in flat bread for a wrap.

Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings

CALORIES 310 (41% from fat); FAT 14g (sat 3g); CHOLESTEROL 185mg; CARBOHYDRATE 19g; SODIUM 608mg; PROTEIN 28g; FIBER 2g; SUGAR 3g

Real Simple, AUGUST 2007

** THERE WAS AN AD FOR CONTAINERS THAT HAVE LITTLE FREEZER PACKS INSIDE THEM:

http://www.fit-fresh.com/sp200808wb/

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-02-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning Ladies
My August goals
log all food eaten there's no set calorie limit just log food. one thing at a time
Meditate
do a fitness dvd or yoga daily
log 6000 steps on my pedometer.

I recieved my new work schedule yesterday. I'm off tomorrow. Mondoy through Saturday next week--remember these are 12 hours shifts. Then off Sunday and Monday. If I don't pop in you'll know why.

Mel
Why is your triglycerides so high?

Everyone have a good day and stay as cool as possible.

Does any one know how to link your 3fc journal to the forum?

I have already recieved a few phones calls and have both water/sewer and electric standby person out on call.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-02-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Happy hot morning chicks,

3 cats all looking for food in my yard this morning. Mr. Feral ate his fill out front and wanted more so he came in the back yard (where he usually eats). New cat Curly was non stop whining when he even thought food might show up and poor Boo was sitting off to the side thinking "I wish those would get out of MY yard Everyone was taken care of...

Mel - I will designate you Official Watchdog of Seasonal Innapropriate Tickers. Go off and do your thing Yikes on the crazy woman showing up on your door. Just like stray cats at my house, I guess they know where to find help. Now why can't big, burly half naked firemen find their way to your door? Bummer on Richie feeling left out - Jen has to be sensitive to that, especially if he's out providing for them. Thanks for the sardine visual - that sure puts it in perspective. Was going to crop Shad's photo in there but thought better of it as we are a camera shy kind of group.

Ceejay - is it your journal or your blog you want to add a link to? I'd put it in my signature. Tell me which it is and I'll tell you how in a pm.

I was going to work on the garden this morning but I do have to get to the post office to drop off the extra shoes and I wanted to stop at the farmer's market. Running low on things since I didn't go grocery shopping last week. Both of these are Saturday only activities so I think I'll do them and work on the yard tomorrow.

Happy Saturday to all - drink your water and dance a little today just for the heck of it
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

Forgot to say to the rest of the chicks
Old 08-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

Ceejay - I just tried the link. You can link to the blog but not the journals. For some reason, the link to the journals just takes you to the 3FC home page. And since the link in your siggie is to the journals and not your blog, I wasn't sure what you wanted to do.

Maybe Ruth can explain...
Old 08-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I've managed to get it linked to the journals. I have one linked to the blog but I'm not using it as much.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

I see - it takes you to the journal home page but not your specific journal.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #15  

HI!! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!!
Home from work. Heading for groceries. I missed a weeks shopping cause we were away last Sunday. One tends to eat poorly when there is not fresh healthy stuff in the house. We are out all day tomorrow too so I am shopping this aft. H and the kids are go-carting and at a water slide park today. It is PERFECT weather out there!! Thunderstormed all night. 24C , light breeze and sunny today.
I am going to try a Neti pot. My sinuses are giving me grief and headaches.

Hugs!!!!
Closed Thread