Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2008, 08:49 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default 3FC Midsummers Night 5K Results Thread!

Hi guys,

If there is already a results thread, I am missing it! But I have done my 5K and I am on my way out of town for the rest of the weekend and wanted to post.

I ran a lovely pre-dawn 5K in the great American Southwest. I watched the sun come up over the mountains. I have not run since Tuesday due to some minor pain and--WOW--my legs were rested. I flew along my route and set a PR of 28 minutes for a 5K.

Have a great weekend all!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

CONGRATS!!!

I just finished mine as well. I got a bit carried away and did a bit more. I did 2 miles on the elliptical and 2 miles on the bicycle. It took me 1 hour to finish it all but had a 10 minute break in between to lift some weights.

I feel refreshed. ^.^
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

AWESOME JOB BABY CATCHER! ~ that is an outstanding time! You sure have come a long way this past year, I am so proud of you!

GREAT JOB Niece KATERINA! ~ That is not a bad time for you on those machines...plus some weights! I am so proud of you. You have accomplished amazing things...and you're still just a kid

Well since Angie is out of town until Saturday night I had to do my 5K this morning with my mutts by myself. It was a very nice cool morning. We went 4 miles in 62 minutes. We had a couple of potty breaks and a few stops to read the neighborhood Poo News

I am planning to get a couple more in, probably one with Angie after church on Sunday.

Enjoy your 5K's this week-end and..........

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! The support means a lot to our TEAM of RACERS!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I did my first 5k of the weekend this morning as well

I did laps at the pool for a full hour (I lost count of the laps... I always lose count!! About 35? I don't know)

And then I walked home from the pool, which is about 6k or so.. an hour walk. It was a great workout and I def wanna start doing that more often!

I need to figure out how far it really is from the pool to my house. It takes me about 40 minutes to walk 5k and an hour to walk this.. I guess I could do the math... lol

Anyway.. congrats on the success' so far everyone! We shoudl have 5ks planned everyday! lol
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

This was my first 5k.

I am #38.

My goal was to be under 40 minutes and I my time was . . . . 37:45!!!

Whoo-Hoooo!!!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 08-01-2008 at 01:17 PM.
ggmugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I had a terrific morning..Lori and I decided to combine two loops together and just go for it. Combined they were just under 8.5 miles and we did it in 2 hours and 6 minutes. I'm feeling awesome. That was a terrific way to start August.
Thanks again Gary!!!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post

GREAT JOB Niece KATERINA! ~ That is not a bad time for you on those machines...plus some weights! I am so proud of you. You have accomplished amazing things...and you're still just a kid

Well since Angie is out of town until Saturday night I had to do my 5K this morning with my mutts by myself. It was a very nice cool morning. We went 4 miles in 62 minutes. We had a couple of potty breaks and a few stops to read the neighborhood Poo News

I am planning to get a couple more in, probably one with Angie after church on Sunday.

Enjoy your 5K's this week-end and..........

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! The support means a lot to our TEAM of RACERS!
A very unfit kid to say the least.

Ah dogs, gotta love them!

fauxtini: Oh I am so jealous! I would love to do the 5 k in a pool. I am going to attempt it when I go back to Cyprus

lovnmom: Congrats! Wow 8.5 miles! You are so quick!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

#93 reporting! I was going to Wog (Walk & Jog) along the River tomorrow while dude fished and snapped my pic as I cruised by but his plant decided to schedule an inventory, so he has to work tomorrow, so I just went up to my GYM and did it on my beloved Treadmill, so no pics, sorry.

60 minutes 5K on the Treadmill.
Half was HIIT
other half steadily walking because my foot started hurting so I had to slow it down and not wog anymore.

Thanks Gary! When is the next one???
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

#50 reporting in:

treadmill virgin-39 minutes 28 seconds!!!
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MORE RESULTS!

AndLy Great job!

DIVA Sorry you didn't get pics...at least no one "fell" in the lake hope the foot gets better. As far as the next one goes....I have a plan...I think I will post it on Sunday.

LOVNMOM Great job! doubled up and then some!

ggMugsy Super job for your first one!

fauxtini Great job in the pool for your first one! Have you ever gone to mapmyrun dot com? If you do you can work your routes out.

GREAT JOB!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I got mine done today. Still not breaking any records but did 3.21 miles in 63 minutes on the treadmill. I hope to get another one in tomorrow and Sunday. Thanks again for setting these up!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 PM   #12  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Ok, a Midsummer Night's 5k #1 is done! Not sure there will be a number 2 for me this weekend, but maybe, we shall see...

I made a little slide show of my pics from today, hopefully it will work for you. Click on the picture above and it should take you to the site that plays it. I headed out to my favorite local bike trail path so I could time myself...

Are you ready?

That is more than 10 minutes faster than my first one back in May!

It was raining earlier today so I almost postponed, but I got a healthy dose of inspiration, put on my new shoes and headed out the door! Taking pictures of one's own feet while jogging is very odd and difficult. I got some strange glances while I jogged along with a camera pointed down at my feet. All for 3fc!

Let me just say, that if I, a 199 lb woman can jog 2.5K, almost anybody can! Next time around I might be able to jog the whole 5K!

Thanks EZ for organizing us once again!!!

Onward..........
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AWESOME KAREN!...gee...you are getting the hang of this stuff

MANICK..I LOVE the slide show! Thank you so much for helping to make this fun for everyone! AWESOME on that time too!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #14  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post

Ok, a Midsummer Night's 5k #1 is done! Not sure there will be a number 2 for me this weekend, but maybe, we shall see...

I made a little slide show of my pics from today, hopefully it will work for you. Click on the picture above and it should take you to the site that plays it. I headed out to my favorite local bike trail path so I could time myself...

Are you ready?

That is more than 10 minutes faster than my first one back in May!

It was raining earlier today so I almost postponed, but I got a healthy dose of inspiration, put on my new shoes and headed out the door! Taking pictures of one's own feet while jogging is very odd and difficult. I got some strange glances while I jogged along with a camera pointed down at my feet. All for 3fc!

Let me just say, that if I, a 199 lb woman can jog 2.5K, almost anybody can! Next time around I might be able to jog the whole 5K!

Thanks EZ for organizing us once again!!!

Onward..........

WOW Manick! You go girl! You rocked it didn't you?! I LOVE the little slide show, you are going to have to tell me how you did that. Maybe I can put a lil something together for the next one. Yopu've inspired me to try and shorten up my time to about 10 minutes less!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #15  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Number 8 checking in!

New PB for me - ran in 38:05 !!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote