Height: 5’ 2”

Cool ~Golden Girls~ August

There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Bobbi,

It is so nice to see you starting our thread again.

Lynn
Old 07-31-2008, 01:49 PM   #3  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Thanks Lynn, I did sort of fall off the wagon about not starting the new month or posting. I lost all my weight and decided to take a break from daily posting, calories counting, etc. I now know that I need the 3FF even after the weight is gone. It's so easy to jump right back into the bad eating patterns and gain the weight back.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:29 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Thanks Lynn, I did sort of fall off the wagon about not starting the new month or posting. I lost all my weight and decided to take a break from daily posting, calories counting, etc. I now know that I need the 3FF even after the weight is gone. It's so easy to jump right back into the bad eating patterns and gain the weight back.

ABSOLUTELY! I've done it MANY times.

Lynn
Old 08-01-2008, 07:54 AM   #5  

Good Morning Golden Girls, As you can see, i'm up early again. Tried to go back to sleep but a road crew started working on the road a couple of houses down. I though they had to wait untill later in the day, but guess not! Might as well get up and get some stuff done.

Bobbi, I have been at goal weight for 8 months now. I have lost and gained so many times that I KNOW i need the extra help to keep the weight off. So, you guys are going to have to put up with me for a long time. I'm afraid if i don't post or watch I will be right back where i started.

Lynn, Hope you're feeling better. Those sinus infections are terrible. But, be positive. if you lost weight because of it, keep the weight off!! Take advantage of a bad situtation.

Looking forward to hearing from all the rest of you, I'll check back later today,

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 08-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  

P.S. I'm going to get my 8th month charm today. WHOOO HOOO!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I got about 3 hours of sleep this morning from about 5-8!
Our puppies started arriving at 2 and the 7th one made her appearance at 4.
Mama Bijoux did just great. She did much better than my husband did.
3 all black females, 3 white males with spots and one little female with grey spots. We thought she was done when #6 arrived and I was a little dissapointed cause I wanted to keep a little white female with spots, but there were none. Was thrilled when NOLA arrived last!! She wasn't breathing well at first, so I rubbed her with a wash cloth and blew in her face and she started squealing! Poor Bijoux was busy with the other guys.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone,

Starting to feel a little better today - at least I can kind of breathe through one nostril. I started teaching another class on Tuesday - so far, so good. Students seem pretty good.

I have to get my genealogy stuff together. I leave for Boston the New England Genealogy Historical Society conference on 8/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Bobbi, I have accepted the fact that low-carb/cal eating, exercising, and 3FC will be part of my life forever. Without these 3, I would be back up faster than you can say "cookie-dough ice cream."

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Bobbi, I have been at goal weight for 8 months now. I have lost and gained so many times that I KNOW i need the extra help to keep the weight off. So, you guys are going to have to put up with me for a long time. I'm afraid if i don't post or watch I will be right back where i started.
Freda
Freda,
8 Dancing Carrots for 8 months at goal weight - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
I got about 3 hours of sleep this morning from about 5-8!
Our puppies started arriving at 2 and the 7th one made her appearance at 4.
Mama Bijoux did just great. She did much better than my husband did.
3 all black females, 3 white males with spots and one little female with grey spots. We thought she was done when #6 arrived and I was a little dissapointed cause I wanted to keep a little white female with spots, but there were none. Was thrilled when NOLA arrived last!! She wasn't breathing well at first, so I rubbed her with a wash cloth and blew in her face and she started squealing! Poor Bijoux was busy with the other guys.
Cat, How WONDERFUL!!!! Where are the photos?

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 08-01-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #9  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Default Nsv

Good morning all!

I have a NSV already to attribute to the Accountability thread – and on the first day! I brought oatmeal to work for breakfast this morning but I usually wait awhile before I eat. In the meantime, my boss brought in kolaches for the group – just because. The thought of sausage, egg and steamy bread dough had me salivating! Then I remembered that I’d be posting on the thread today so I knew what the decision would be. Now I have a full tummy of steel cut oats and no regrets!

Slim Me – congrats on the maintenance! You’ve encouraged me that I can still win even with many set backs.

Time to post on the accountability thread and then hit the desk work.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #10  
-

Lynn, I took photos, but warning...they are fairly disgusting. and really bad photography

I got so tickled at my husband when he saw the picture of the last one still in the "sack". He said "Isn't it amazing, they come wrapped in little prophalactic packages!"..
Old 08-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #11  
Bobbi

Happy August everyone!
July goes by faster than any month for me, I still get pangs thinking about July ending when young. That meant summer was almost over and school about to begin. (Sorry Cat, Lynn and all you teachers) My DD is a teacher and times sure have changed in the class room. A couple of boys used to get whack on top of their heads with a book. Sometimes we'd get smacked across our knuckes with a ruler. Remember the "Dunce" hat? I do remember sitting on a stool, facing the corner with the Dunce hat on once! (I didn't repeat that experience again.) I think one of the reasons we never got sick was because all our meals were from scratch, no chemical pre-mixed packages, everything was wholesome food and everyone was taught to wash their hands. O.K. I'm going to leave the hand washing behind me, I can get carried aways with that subject.
Freda...
Quote:
P.S. I'm going to get my 8th month charm today. WHOOO HOOO!
That's a great idea for staying on the maintenance plan. What do you do to keep the pounds off?

Cat...I second what Lynn said, where's the pictures? What kind of dogs do you Have? What are you doing to maintain?
I need to post my weight on the new "Accountability" thread and get going. Have a good day :
Old 08-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #12  
Bobbi

Cat, just saw the awesome photo's. We had a batch of kitten born under our couch years ago and they all came out in their own little sacks too. The first picture of your DH hugging the dog could be my hubby. They both have the same color and style of hair, beard and mustache.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #13  
-

Bobbi, Terry (DH) and Bijoux were having a little "pre game warm up" nap yesterday afternoon in those shots.

For maintainace, I'm pretty much still doing South Beach phase 2. I'm just so used to eating this way now that it is second nature. Occasionally I'll have something dessert wise that is a no-no..like maybe once a month or so, but mainly it is lean protein, whole grains, tons of vegs and fruit maybe once a day along with dairy. I only use olive oil for cooking and rarely a little Smart Balance on vegs, but not too often. Big Breakfast every day, Big "dinner" in the afternoon and maybe a salad at night and 2-3 healthy snacks. Pretty easy really.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-01-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #14  

Hi Again, Poping in again to say hi. My GD as been asking to go to some garage sales, so that's what we did today. Bought lots of books and a few puzzles.

Cat, TOO cute!!! Poor mom looks wiped out!

PumpGal, Good for you for turning down the junk and eating your healthy breakfast. it does get easier, really!

Bobbi, I stay at this weight by eating well and exercising. I'm a calorie counter like you, but i hardly ever count calories any more. But i am well aware of what i'm eating. Like CAT I eat lean meat, whole grains, high fiber, lots of fruit and vegetables. With one exception. I love chocolate and I know I wouldn't be able to stay on any diet that didn't allow for some. I have 1 piece of really good chocolate every day with my cup of tea. I have become very fussy about what I eat. And I try to get some kind of exericse every day, arobic, and weights every other day. I wish there was an easier way, but I don't think anything else works for me.

Lynn, Glad that you're feeling a little better anyhow.

Freda
Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #15  
Bobbi

Meowee...........Congratulations on losing 100 pounds overnight!
:

I just noticed it on the "Accountability" thread. You'll have to share your secret with us.
Closed Thread