Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #1  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Default TOM Blues....

Gee whiz....

Doesn't matter how well I eat or the amount of exercise I accomplish, I feel icky when TOM approaches. My diet is very low in sodium and I drink over 100ounces of water daily, so my diet isn't effecting my icky feeling. I guess it's the body going through changes.

Just wanted to complain! Now I feel better!

gail
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #2  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Lightbulb

Have you tried taking Midol Complete or something like that?

I started noticing a big difference in my mood and overall feeling of BLEH when I started taking Midol Complete--even BEFORE there was any pain or cramps--even as early as a week before TOM would start.

Worth a shot! And drink lots of water. That seems to help me feel better too.

full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM   #3  
Slow but steady...

S/C/G: 192/166.4/165

Height: 5'7"

I totally hear you. I'm about a week out and starting to feel the 'blah' of it. I have to remember to try to take some herbal remedy everyday-- I did that once, and it did seem to help. I should try that again.

But yeah, you're not alone. And, when I weigh in once a week, I have to tell you, I don't even weigh in the week before my TOM-- because when you're slowly losing weight, at a rate of a pound a week, it is horrible to look down and see that you've GAINED or stayed the same-- and yes, the next time I weigh in, I'm down more but, it does a mental job on me. At least I can note that its like this for me every month, without fail. At least I can predict it.
clibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #4  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

OMG, I am glad someone made this post. I am going crazy as of last night. I just can't get it together. Everything is a mess, my face, stomach, emotions, eating. SOOOO crazy. Someone please help.

Last night I was at the gym, starting my workout I just could not do it. I left after 15 minutes hit the drive thru for some junk food, went home and curled up in a ball and cried. Still feel it today. TOM is not the curse PMS is the curse.

I used to use the Midol PMS a few years ago, but I think I will go and get the Midol complete at lunch. UGH! Picturing going to the gym tonight is not looking good.
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:33 PM   #5  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

I too am sooo glad someone else posted about this!! I am on day 2 of tom and it's driving me CRAZY!!! First of all I really want to shovel all kinds of bad food down my throat! Every fast food commercial that comes on tv makes me want to grab my car keys and go binge!!! UGH!! Also I hate to look at the scale. Today I was up 3 pounds and I know why but it still bothers me.
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:46 PM   #6  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Yeah, I am not alone! I haven't ever taken Midol. Luckily, I do not experience cramps or discomfort. It's usally more of a all over yucky feeling. It's kind of an uncomfortable feeling all over. More bothersome than anything. I did walk and do a FitTV program, so at least that helps, I think? hee hee.

I do drink a billion gallons of water daily!

I think a handfull of M&M's would be a great cure-all!
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #7  
How much longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny43 View Post
I think a handfull of M&M's would be a great cure-all!
That is a wonderful Presciption.

I just got back from my Midol trip. I has not kicked in yet, but I am sure it won't help with my emotions. I just want to cry over everything.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i havent really noticed mine this month....
ive had a small amount of pain....
but exercised thru it and to my suprise had a big unexpected loss....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm with Insatiable, TOM is no problem...it's PMS that sucks the big one. I always have terrible PMS. Since starting my healthy diet I have not gained any weight during PMS, but it tends to drop to a trickle the week of PMS. Once PMS is over and TOM begins there is usually a nice big drop in weight and a feeling of complete relief from the PMS demons!

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-01-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #10  
How much longer?

You said it Lori Bell! I feel like a balloon pops. I just blow up up up and when it hits....POP.....and all is well again.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 307/277/TBA

Height: 5'5"

I'm also a week from TOM, but this morning I was 1.5 pounds up on the scale. And I'm feeling weepy and kind of blah and I'm DYIN' to eat some junk food. Glad to see that I'm not alone!!
Redheaded I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #12  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm nearing the end of my TOM, thank God. TOM cravings are a new experience for me, probably because before I started this journey there was nothing to crave - I was eating so much junk anyway.

Last night I broke down and ate an entire bag of microwave popcorn and half a chocolate bar.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote