Old 07-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Thurs. July 31st

Hi girls!!!

Got in my 2 mile walk and 4 glasses of water already!!! Woo hoo!! Hving breakfast then off to the showers. Have a few small errands today. Can you believe it's August tomorrow??? This summer really is flying.

Went to a Tastefully Simple demo last night and spent 60.00...man I love their stuff.

Okay, gotta roll. I will check in and do personals this afternoon.

Have a fantastic day, ladies!!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all! Well, I made it thru yesterday's strength workout and I'm not in pain today at all. I was sure my shoulder would be on fire (it was last night) but I took some Advil before bed and it seems to be OK.

Mamatoni, regarding your workouts after you go back to work... you could break them up over the day rather than do them all at once. May 10 minutes in the morning, a ten minute walk at lunchtime and some more time after dinner. Just a thought.

Off to work today! Everyone have a great day!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good morning all!
Val- I like the idea of breaking it up...that might work for me. I just haven't been as motivated to work out lately. I think I am trying to get used to counting calories, understanding when I am really hungry and when I am full. I am starting with just trying to get eating under control
To those of you exercising maniacs: great job...you motivate me! Maybe I can begin again.

I hope you guys have a great day. I need to work on laundry and packing for our week away. Take care, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Smile

Morning, everyone!!

Well, I got in my workout this morning and everything seems off to a good start, even with TOM here. We'll see what happens later.

I have just been diagnosed with PMDD - like PMS but 10X worse and just started prozac. not really thrilled about it, but I have too much stress in my life and was doing was too many destructive things to my health and my family - mainly yelling. I know there are forums for depression other issues, but I didn't see any for PMDD. I just wanted to share a little of how my life has been lately. It's been crazy. But despite it all, I have lost 6 lbs since I started coming on here. I am eating healthier foods and working out a little. So we will see what happens. Hopefully my emotional eating can be controlled.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!

poppyseeds - have a good day at work. i'm glad you're not sore.

pmasci - Good job on the work out and the water. I have just one question...how many times have you been in the bathroom already!? I have only had one and have been in there twice!!

hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' Everyone

My body is doing a number on me, I will not Stop taking meds again.... UGH. I got my Rx's and started them up again last night and this a.m. I was GREEN yesterday so that turned into having a real tough time falling asleep. Still feeling like that this a.m. Man, I am NEVER going off them again. Never.

I am taking it easy yet again today. Just doing the few errands I have left before we leave tomorrow for vacation.

Hollymommy---- Hoping that with this diagnosis you are able to get things straightened out. ((((Thinking of you))))

Well off to get ready, will catch up and do more personals later--- hope everyone has a good day today.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

btw... I stopped the Benefiber. I just couldn't stomach it anymore. They said it had no taste and you wouldn't even know it's in your drink... They lied to me. I think I will pick up a fiber supplement in pill form instead.

Toodles!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 AM   #8  

Good morning. I am trying to type w/my 18-month old on the desk so this could be fun. I did get up and exercise this morning--it was killer but I DID IT. Had a healthy breakfast and am drinking the water--so far, so good. I tracked all my food yesterday on Spark so that was another victory--going to try to do it again today. That's pretty much it. I weigh in tomorrow--I feel like I should have lost but I weighed today just to check and I was the same. I am hoping it's because I weighed later in the morning. Oh well, even if the scale doesn't show progress, I know I am making it.

P--Good for you! You are off to a healthy start. I don't know how you get so much water in so fast. I am such a slow drinker!!

Valerie--Glad the shoulder feels better today!

Erin--I don't know if you like exercise videos but there are quite a few that are 6-10 minute segments so you can squeeze in a workout. Just an idea...

hollymommy--Glad you are doing something for yourself and there's nothing wrong w/taking medicine to help you out. I hope it helps and you feel back to normal soon!

Pearfreak--I hope you feel better soon!

I better move it--little one moved on and I am sure he's climbing something somewhere... Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I didn't get anything done yesterday. I was going to go for a run and start sewing my DD's dress, but I kept putting both off until it started raining and the power started flickering on and off. I didn't realize until after an hour or so, my long-haired orange cat was outside! I went to call her, and she came scooting inside. She called me some names, but only her guard hair was wet so she must have been under the balcony. Today, I will be good!! (I'd better be, or the WW weigh-in ladies will slap my hand!)

Mamatoni, I live in Conception Bay, and we're getting married here, and having the reception in a little harbour town where he grew up. We moved here from the west, where I'm from, to have a small-town life together!

Poppyseeds, what does Benefiber taste like, does it get mucky?

Pmasci, what is Tastefully Simple? Kitchenware?
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!
I hope everyone is having a great day!
Pam I love that stuff, testuflly simple, the good thing is you can make the receipies low fat too!
Valery that is a great suggestion about breaking up the excercise
Holly can you talk to your doctor and see if they can do a hormone test, it is a simple blood test?

Pear I hope you feel better very soon, the side effect will go away!

RIkki don't necesarly go by the scale but how you feel, how you look in the mirrow and how the clothes fit.

Kori I hope you have a great day today!

I have a busy day today, today is DS promotion from 2nd grade to 3rd. it is a BIG deal for him, we are proud of him, we are going to the ceremony at school.
Today is my last day in my 30's tomorrow is my big birthday, DH and I are going out for dinner tonight to celebrate my last day in the 30's LOL....
My FIL just got here, I got to run! I will see you all later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Tastefully Simple is easy meals or pieces that you make ~ only adding one or two things to the mixes. They have a really great beer batter bread, and potatoe soup for example. mmmmm, makes me hungry just thinking about it.

hey all, have been keeping up with the board, just too tired to type. we have had some serious heat and are expecting more. and that just drains ya. (at least me).

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:53 PM   #12  

Hanna--Yes, you are right. I would have been feeling great today w/all the changes if I had not weighed. That stupid scale gets me down--it's silly. Thanks for the reminder.

Well, I think my emotional eating is beating me today. I am trying to get back on track, though! Hope you are all doing well.
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #13  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone, It started raining last night and is still coming down hard. no morning run for me. My niece was going to have her b-day party tonight at a local park, gonna have to move that. A friend who just bought a school bus is going to come around and pick up all the kids, should be a lot of fun, my niece is turning 5 and starting kindergarten this year, so the school bus is pretty fitting. I logged all my food ahead of time on sparkpeople so I don't accidentally go over again like I did yesterday.

Pam, congrats on doing so well with your water and exercise! I have a really hard time getting my water in everyday.

Hanna, happy early birthday! I'm sure the 40's will be great for you. Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Rikki, you did well typing with your LO on the desk mine is squirming around on my lap right now.

Pear, hope your body responds quickly to starting the meds again, sounds brutal.

Holly, congrats on getting your workout in already, I always have a better day when I get my workout done early. Hope you feel better with a diagnosis and new meds.

Valerie, I don't think I could motivate myself 3 times a day, even if it was for shorter periods of time. I like starting and knowing that in 30 min I will be done for the day (check it off my mental list...).
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Quote:
Hollymommy---- Hoping that with this diagnosis you are able to get things straightened out. ((((Thinking of you))))
Thanks, Pear! I appreciate it!

Quote:
hollymommy--Glad you are doing something for yourself and there's nothing wrong w/taking medicine to help you out. I hope it helps and you feel back to normal soon!
RLK2005 - I hope so, too! My husband is getting tired of me walking around being b*&$#y all the time!!

Quote:
Holly can you talk to your doctor and see if they can do a hormone test, it is a simple blood test?
Hanna - I have had numerous blood tests. Unfortunately, I am anemic, and my B12 levels are low. My thyroid is fine, but I am still irritable, tired, angry, depressed, and pretty much anything else all thrown together! I am taking iron pills, major multivitamins, B12 nasal spray, got a B12 injection, and now I am beginning to take Prozac. Hopefully this will work! I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

Quote:
Holly, congrats on getting your workout in already, I always have a better day when I get my workout done early. Hope you feel better with a diagnosis and new meds.
Mamatoni - thanks! I had to force myself, but I was glad I did it! I hope the meds work, too!

pmasci - I like the Tastefully Simple stuff, but I have a friend who sells Two Sisters (same basic concept) and I LOVE her stuff!! Yummy!

And I am excited - I got my signature today!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day. Thanks for everything!!

Holly
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

hey girls!!

Holly..the sig looks great!! Never heard of Two Sisters..gonna google it!!

Toni, sorry you didn't get a run in. As fo rthe water, I force it. I also find, the more you drink, the more your body craves it. You develop a thirst. At least I do, anyway

Valerie, glad you aren't beat up today!!!

Pear..hope everything levels out and you are feeling better soon!!

Hannah, hope the promo ceremony was fun!! I didn't know you could make the breads low fat..yum!!

Lisa, hey stranger!!! Yes, I LOVE the TS beer bread, ordered 3 of them. Will only bring them out at parties though, so I don't eat the whole thing!!

Gotta go. Need to pick up some carnival stuff from my friend who's an event planner, gonna bring it to another friend who's having a carnival themed block party in a few weeks..will try to check back, if not have a great evening!!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote