Old 07-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something chat Wed. July 30th

Hi girls..think I got the right date.

Got in my walking & strength training exercises that psarkpeople gave me...lovin' that site. Off to the showers, then to the movies again to see "Bee Movie" after that, a few errands, then home to the AIR CONDITIONING!!!

Hope you all have a super day, will check in later!!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good morning all! Guess what...this morning was my weigh in on my first week on the do it myself, use 3FC, sparkpeople diet...and ..(drumroll please)...I lost 4 pounds! I am so excited. I appreciate all you guys so much and love the support you give...Thanks! I am really feeling motivated now. And am not going to let my week in New York mess me up either! Well, I will check back later...hope to get some elliptical in today. Take care and enjoy the hump day! - Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  

P--Good job getting the Spark exercises in. I haven't checked out that part of the site yet but I need to!

Erin--WOW! Great job on the loss. That's awesome!!!!!

Well, I slept in because my floor was too cluttered w/toys to get a work out in. Sad, I know. The major bummer of the day is that I woke up w/what I suspect might be pink eye in one eye. I have gotten it a lot since I had kids... Anyway, had a good breakfast AND logged it on Spark. Wow. I do hop to work out and to keep logging my food today. Have a great day everyone!

Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Erin - That is awesome!!! I knew you could do it!!!! Here's a big ...... I'm proud of you!!!

Pam.... so funny, I let SP set up my strength training workout last night. I start today. Coincidence? I think not... it must be...... ***karma*** Mental picture of Pam doing her strength training... HEAVE!! ROFL!!! Have fun today!!

Have a fabulous day everyone! Glad to hear that everyone that is is CA is safe and sound.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Wow, I didn't post yesterday! I was soo busy playing catch up since I was off Monday. Went to the hospital last night after work and saw mom. She's doing well, not having too much pain. Her BP is really low though, so she's not out of bed walking yet. Thanks for asking!

Yana, glad you're OK!!

MC, Congrats!!!

Rikki, I can soo relate to the toy issue.

Have a good day all...I'll check back later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' All!!

I am like 90% sure now why I have been feeling like I have been feeling. My Meds , Note to self: Don't stop meds on your own decision. I don't know why I didn't think of that before, but yes, that is it. Looks like a call into the pharmacy to call in my refills is in my agenda today.

As for calorie range on Sparkpeople, mine is 1200-1550... and if I log in my weightloss (well this last time) my range changed. I am still trying to figure out the whole exercise bit . I don't know the official names of them, and for me to log in all my foods, and the exercise as well is Time Consuming. I did make mention of this site and Sparkpeople to my mom last nite and *think* she may browse it and see if it is for her. She is on the computer all day at work, and to go on for fun after work is Ha-ha-ha... oh and she'd have to battle my dad to get him off of his Forums. So funny to think of my Dad on a Forum... he's met up IRL with a few already.

Well I need to finish ingesting me Coffee then give the kidlets a shower and off to the gym. Plan on taking it easy today though there.

mcmommy---- Cheering you on- THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Keep up the good work.

3+3000000 <--------------------------- a message from my ds, I left the computer for a moment and came back this. Must mean he is estimating how many calories he is planning on burning today, as he is my runner and climber... keeps going all day long.

Last edited by PearFreak; 07-30-2008 at 10:04 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #7  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

LBH---- Looks like we posted about the same time......

Just wanted to say I am glad to hear all is well with your mom. Great news about her being up and moving. I think the hardest part will be in a few weeks, if not next week, and right after her PT. But ever so Happy to hear that she is up and moving!!!
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, ladies! I had a great time at my Shower last night! We played bingo and cards, and lots of people won prizes! There were at least 45 women there, most of whom I'd never met before I moved to Newfoundland! I CANNOT believe the kindness and generosity of these wonderful women! I spent most of my time visiting and refilling teacups! I had to give a speech! Thank goodness I didn't realize that beforehand, or I would have overthunk it, and gotten muddled up, but it came out okay, I thanked my SIL and MIL, and everybody for coming, and I said some stuff about how they all came even though they hardly knew me, and they all clapped. It was 1 AM before I got home after cleaning up, and driving some people home.
The best news is, I stayed in my points range. I made the cake, and never tasted it! Not the batter, not the frosting, not the slice from the top to even it out! (I didn't write on it, I just covered it with little #2D twist flowers.) I ate the veggies and dip, diet pop, a few chips, a date square someone brought, and half a lemon square.
Okay, I know it sounds bad, and you want to call me horrible names, but I didn't WANT to have any. Remember the other day, when I had the chocolate cake, and SIL had to punch me? Not worth it.
So a few people had asked me if I had lost weight, and that fuelled my moxie, I guess. I still feel fabulous! So, I'm going to go for a little run in awhile.

Erin, Yay, girl!
Rikki, I hope you look good in pink! (Sorry!)
Yana, I'm glad you're okay.

Last edited by Kofarq; 07-30-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #9  

Kori--Ha! I do love the color pink. Too funny. I am in awe that you stayed in your points thru a shower--what a victory!!

I had a small victory. I was bad and drove thru for lunch BUT instead of my usual fried chicken sandwich, I got a grilled chicken wrap, a small fry (instead of the large!) and a diet pop (instead of regular). I know I need to cut out fries but still, this was good for me. I am off to log it on Spark... Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...today is my day off..and i ran errands most of the morning, got my hair cut, and now i'm going to sit down and finish planning my trip. I have so much laundry to do today also. I'm excited...i picked my first zuccinni from my garden. It looks yummie. I'm going to cook it tonight with some fresh scallops i just bought for din. Yummmmmie. My garden is doing ok...but i definately will change somethings up next years.

Pear-shame on you stopping your meds...silly girl..that's not very smart depending on what meds they are...hope it gets better.

laruen-glad to hear about your mom

k-good job on the shower. I don't know if i could do it.

mc-congrats on the wt loss.

Alright all..i'm off to plan some more of the trip. we have 3 days already filled with things to do...just figuring out what else we might want to do.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 07-30-2008 at 01:41 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

hey girlies!!!

Erin...yay!!! Great job!! It's very motivating when you see the calories staring you in the face, isn't it??

Lauren, glad your mom is well.

GG...enjoy your day off.

Okay, I am supposed to be getting to Barbie.com for Cady & got sidetracked...later!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Did my first sparkpeople strength training workout this afternoon.

Dig a hole.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hey all...
Lauren- glad to hear that your mom is feeling okay. hoping for a good recovery.
Kori- Way to go! I'm proud of you for choosing the better.
Rikki- Same to you! It is a step in the right direction when you can make those changes! Great job!
Pear- I hope you can figure the med thing out and getting feeling better!
GG- A garden sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoyed your dinner!
Poppy- great job on the workout. I didn't get to walk to day but I hope to tomorrow...right now I am just concentrating on the eating. one step at a time.
Kerry, Yana,Pam, Toni,hollysmom and all the rest, have a great evening
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Erin congratulations on the 4 Lbs. loss that is great!

Pam you are always so cherry! that is so great! I love that about you! I love the bee movie! did you enjoy it?

Rikki sorry about the slip and the pink eye great job on ordering food at the drive thou.

Valerie good for you on starting your weight training. I am here in Southern CA. and fortunately for me and my friend Susie who was with me at the time of the earthquake that I didn't feel it, I am so afraid of earthquakes, I was in Mexico City when the big one hit, so I am terrified of them, and thank G-d no damage at all here!

Lauren sorry your mom is back in the hospital, I hope she is doing better this evening

Kori how nice to be surrounded by so many nice women, I hope you get to make some great friends.

Pear I am glad you got to talk to the pharmacy nutty gal! don't get off your meds again w/out consulting your Dr. what kind of meds are you on? how great you got your mom interested in the other site.

GG I am glad you got a day off! when are you leaving on your trip?

well I am doing OK, it has been very busy around here, w/DS going to summer school and coming home at 12:30/1:00 PM is a little difficult to do much. for me is a difficult schedule cause I am not a morning person and if I don't get my butt out of bed early en ought I don't get much done before he gets home...but it has been very good, we are going to the pool he is having a great summer night and day from last summer from ****! he start day camp on Monday and the hours are longer, he is so much looking forward to it, he asks me everyday when does it start. His meds are working pretty well, for now, I don't want to get my hopes up to high, cause I know how things can change in a split second but we are enjoying the good times a lot!
We are planning a little trip at the end of August, we are thinking we are going to drive to Las Vegas I am so excited! I love Vegas!!!!
Today I did some work in my yard and I got a huge blister on my hand from pushing a shovel, I should've had shoes on and push it with my feet not my hands. I didn't realize I had a blister until I started hurting really bad cause it broke, it literally is the size of my palm grrrrr..... now I know why I hate yard work so much, and to add insult to injury right after I put a the band aid on the gardener showrs up, I wanted to just cry I thought today was Tuesday, I am loosing it!!!

I will try to be back tomorrow!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #15  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi there ladies, been busy and a little off track lately. I just got back from my run and I feel great (okay, it may have something to do with the fact that the sun is actually shining for the first time in 3 weeks!) . I have been brainstorming ways to get my exercise in after I go back to work and doing it in the morning may be the only way...I think I will try tomorrow and see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I think if I can get out of bed and do it I will feel better the whole rest of the day.

Erin, your loss has really inspired me! Thanks for posting your progress and sticking with it, I know that all of us have it in us to succeed!

GG, your dinner sounds yummy! Don't forget to "plan" some time to relax in your trip too!

Rikki, congrats on your drive-thru victory!! Every small step takes us closer to our goal.

Kori, sounds like your shower was a lot of fun. Are you staying in the same city your currently live in after the wedding? (when is the wedding again?)

pear, hope that going back on the meds fixes things for you, your DS sounds a lot like my DD

Lauren, glad your mom is doing okay. Hope the bp comes up soon, mine got really low after my second c-section (70/44) and I remember it was a very surreal experience.

Everyone else, have a great start to tomorrow (you all get on here so much earlier than I do) wishing everyone a whole bunch of willpower and positive thoughts.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote