View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
tigerchic89

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

Default Looking for ladies who used to have a huge stomach and have lost it

I'm very frustrated with my body right now. I am 40 yrs old and I have spent the last 8 of 9 years pregnant or nursing. I was about 60-80 lbs overweight when my "baby" turned 2.5, and that's when I decided to join the gym. Since January, I have been working out 4-6 times a week, adn I have been cutting back on calories while still feeding my family our normal mostly organic, non processed, whole foods diet. I have lost 25 lbs since Jan, and I plan to keep going.

I feel like I have made "the" mental change, I treat my exercise and my food intake as a permenant part of my healthy lifestyle. I feel very strong, and I am impressed with how much cardio I can do, how fast my HR recovers, ect. I feel fit.

My legs look great and muscular. My arms are showing some muscle definition, and even my face looks slimmer. But then I see my stomach in teh mirror and in pictures, and it is sooooo huge. I don't think it has changed much at all over these last 7 months. I do core work 3-4 times a week, including a 30 min core class at teh gym. I have been avoiding ab weight machines, with teh understanding that I shoudl stregnethen my core muscles and lose fat through cardio before building ab muscles.

When I look in teh mirror, I cover my stomach and my body looks great. I feel like if I could just lop off my stomach, that I woudl lose 30 lbs and look normal. Things like plastic surgery normally don't fit in with my natural lifestyle, but sometimes I think that it may be my only way to get rid of my stomach.

Anyway, I woul love to hear from others who had a huge stomach, and didnt see it change for a long time, but were finally able to lose it near the end of their losing journey. I'd love any other advice too.

TIA and thanks for reading
tigerchic89 is offline   Reply With Quote