Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #1  
How much longer?

S/C/G: 180/ticker/130

Height: 5'5'

Angry A Little More Motivation!

So I am at work today and some collegues stop by to bring in some pictures of our office from a few months ago. I knew I would dread seeing them. I hoped they never turned up. I took one look at the picture and I just got sooo mad at myself for letting things get that far . How could I do that to my self. I am soo mad and I just can't get it out of my head. I took the pictures and hide them in a drawer. These pics are from prior to my 25 pound loss, actually right when I was starting. UGH!! I have been slacking too. Why did I not go to the gym yesterday. Why am I dragging this out. I need to use this as motivate and get on it. Get this done with. I will use this anger as motivation. I will keep that ugly picture in my head and go go go!

So if you think you need a little more motivation, look at pictures of yourself not far from when you started. Maybe it will help!
Insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

Hey! You lost 25 POUNDS since those pictures! Seeing those pictures should of actually give you a major confidence/motivation boost. Don't beat yourself up or get angry because you let things "get that far." We all did at one point, that's why were all here!

You're doing great! Don't fret, just keep moving!

Just think, in a couple more months you're going to see pictures of yourself today and again you're not even going to recognize that woman. Be proud of yourself, even if you skipped the gym here and there, we all do!

Good luck!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Oh i agree. You can't let the fact that you did get to that point upset you. You are doing an awesome job now. And you have a picture of you at the beginning of your weightloss to look and compare. I hardly have any pics at my highest weight because i hated having my picture taken. Someone at work brought in a couple of pics from when i first started at work 5 years ago and it is amazing!! Not so much in a good way that i had gotten so fat, but because i have pics to compare my after ones to.

Just know that you have done something awesome and next time you get your picture taken at a company function...you won't mind seeing them so much!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #4  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

You can be glad you saw the pics when you did, a little extra motivation never hurt anyone. Just look at it through different eyes. I usually hate seeing myself in the mirror every morning but this morning I just went, " Whoa!". I actually noticed my face was looking slimmer. It is exciting.

Last edited by ToniLight; 07-28-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling
ToniLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #5  
How much longer?

Thank you for your thoughts. I know I should not be down and be happy that I have atleast started this journey. I have been in the spot were I see pics and go..why have I not started. This is just extra motivation for me. I can't wait to get there.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #6  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." — Maya Angelou

And now, you LOST 25 LBS - that's fantastic!!!

And you're half-way to goal. Does that feel awesome or what!

And I imagine you've gained tons of valuable health-information and habits that will serve your health and well-being for the rest of your life

Last edited by beautifulone; 07-28-2008 at 09:38 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 AM   #7  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yer i have seen several pictures that make me 'sick'....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey, my company made a video and I narrate a big piece. I get to show it several times a week...with my three double chins, my big belly, a truly unflattering look! However seeing it on a big screen at a formal dinner dance was probably what got me really started...so I am hoping that soon everyone who sees it will be surprised to see me afterwards!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have my before pictures...but I find an even BETTER motivation is to look at a before pic, and right next to it, a pic of me now. Even when I was midway through my journey, it helped to have that side-by-side comparison, so I could be proud of how far I've come!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #10  
How much longer?

Pandora, That must be really frustrating. At least it would be for me. But I would be thinking....'It will be soo awesome to have that video play and you standing there showing it and people will not believe the difference'
I would use that as motivation. Good Luck!

Mandalinn, I am planing to do that when I hit my goal. I want to post the before and after up everywhere to keep me in maintance mode. I am not quite happy with my results yet to take new pics.