Old 07-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #1  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm back...

So I kind of slipped into the land of oblivion for a while but I am back. My last post before tonight was Dec. 17th.

I have no clue what I weigh... I ended up seriously discouraged because I was getting various scales with up to a 40 lb variance and it was killing my self esteem at the time so I stepped away from the scales.

Combine that with me not wanting to have my dress altered for my wedding (yes I know... change of mind from wanting to have it done)... I've been working on maintaining instead of losing.

I do know I am still in the jeans I had to buy to replace the ones that were too big.

I do know that for the first time in years I made it into a 20W Jones of New York dress and it fits me fantastic!

I do know that I made it into a 1xl top and looked GOOD! Though the bust is a bit generous so mostly I am hanging in the 2 xl's with the waist being a bit loose.

I've been getting angry with myself lately because even though it is seriously not ok for me to have junk food (allergy issues more than weight) and I have a ton of healthy food I have started to get stressed about wedding planning and wanting to eat chocolate bars, chips, dip and pop (even if it is diet pop).

Help. Please.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Welcome back!

Please - pick one scale for your weigh in and stick with the long term results of that one scale. Every scale can say something a little different. If you stay with one - you'll have a true measure of your weight. Glad you stepped away from all those different scales.

Try to get up each day and plan your healthy food for the day. This way - meals and snacks won't be random and you won't have those choices spinning around in your head.

If you can't do it all at once - sometimes for some folks making small changes helps. Ex - drink lots of water and eat 5-7 portions of fruits and veggies each do to get you started.

You can do this!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome back
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #5  
Tammy73

S/C/G: 254/215/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. Try to remember that the junk food usually makes us feel worse in the long run and you need to keep yourself as healthy as possible for your wedding. Maybe try walking or meditation or something that you love to do when you feel like eating junk food. It sounds like you just need to take a bit more time for yourself and de-stress a little.
Congrats on coming back and the fact that you are still in the jeans that you bought to replace the other bigger jeans is a great sign.
The suggestion about just one scale is a good one too.
Hang in there and best of luck with the wedding plans.
Tammy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #6  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Thank you for the welcome back! I am going to sort of ramble here in places so forgive me... but I started to respond and it just kind of spiralled. I did however figure out why I was wanting to hide under my desk or in a bag of chips!

The scales were - 1 at the gym, 2 at the Dr's (different rooms), 1 digital one intended for home use (this one and I still are not on good terms really - But even it says I am 8 lbs less than it did last time I had stepped on it so not too bad).

I'm one of those "Ok... I'm curious to see if it moved" types over the "this is my daily/weekly weigh in" types. I find it usually works better for me. Scales are just not something I seem to relate well to (it was this way even when I was a size 6 - at 175 lbs... *shaking head*).

The walk idea is a good one... I usually just head up to the computer. No food upstairs EVER = no munchies.

I do actually plan out my food generally as a weekly/bi-weekly thing because I have to have certain foods and not others but I think I need to push the issue even more.

I think I am just in one of those funks that I go into from time to time. The one where I am tired of cooking, tired of coming up with something new/tasty/inventive, etc.

De-stressing sounds good... Actually I am pretty good overall outside of the wedding and getting annoyed over not making it to the pool to swim as much as I would like or hitting the tub for a long soak. The wedding is down to crunch time and final details so it is a given that this will get a bit more hectic. Actually - outside of the cake tasting (can't seem to avoid it but I can keep it reasonable), his suit, and about 3-4 other things it is all done. The real issue is finding shoes for me... How sad is it that I won't wear the ballet slipper style because they make my slim feet look fat, but I know I can't wear slim heels because I may have outdoor photos and have to stand/walk int hem and I know I need to find them in the next week to have the time to break them in... And of course I can NOT buy them online because my feet are fussy... WHEW!

Ok... That's it. It is the shoes. I use to love shoe shopping! DAMN IVORY!

I've been trying to figure out what was setting me off for the last 2 weeks... Should have known it was the shoes. I love shoe shopping usually and can usually find great shoes but every time I have to find something in particular it ends up being a bit of a mess...

As for the food cravings... It is mostly that "summer = ice cream/sorbet/etc." or "mmmm... burgers/hotdogs with chips" instead of steak with salad, or a lovely baked potato and grilled veggies. For some reason.... even though I know it takes the same amount of time to cook it... It seems so much easier to resort to classic bbq-esque foods at times. And of course the temptation of chocolate bars coming into the house.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/255/200

Height: 5/6

Welcome back
BAILYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #8  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Thank you.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 PM   #9  

Hi!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #10  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Hi! And welcome to you!

I was just about to reply to your thread... your post made me giggle a bit.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:29 PM   #11  

Which post? Glad to make you chuckle.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #12  

Ohhhh.....I see it now.