Old 07-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Home sweet home!

I am home from my vacation!! We spent 2 weeks in a small town in the interior of BC, it was GREAT! I also grew up there and graduated, so it was tons of catching up with people. Some people it was great to see, but others? My goodness one girl hasn't changed at ALL!

Anyways, we spent our days on the beach, wandering around town, and exploring some new areas. We had a LOT of bbq's, a huge party for my mom's birthday... and I got a tan! lol... priorities! I also got a clean bill of health from my doctor, which was good to hear.

I gained, of course, not tons, 3 pounds. I am pretty proud of that! I also read a LOT, I found Bob Green's book on my mom's book shelf and read the entire thing, it really clicked with me. So I'm going to do his 12 week workout plan, and follow his dieting rules. I am excited for that! We did some hikes and I was disappointed with how my body performed on some, and on some others? It was amazing!! I want to feel more fit, so it all tied into the Bob thing.

My other big thing was that I was reading Suze Orman Women & Money, some great things in there as well. So I am aiming to deal with more of my debt, and found out that I'm on my way! I am feeling optimistic about things, and have this new knowledge of myself that I am really appreciating.

Phew! Little novel there! I am ready for some change!!

-Aimee

I've also attached a picture from our hike! Our starting point would be the water level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top of hike.jpg (47.0 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by SwimGirl; 07-24-2008 at 11:58 PM.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

That sounds so great Aimee!! I love your upbeat and enthusiastic attitude And youll be able to take those 3 lbs off in a cinch of time!

Whats Bob's book about?

Last edited by beautifulone; 07-25-2008 at 01:15 AM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

So many good things!! Love it! I am glad you had a good time & got good news from the doctor. SO many folks have found inspiration from Bob Greene and Suze Orman, both.

I LOVE the excitement in you voice. Go girl!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wow! It sure does sound like you had an awesome vacation! I downloaded the Suzie Orman book, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Great picture!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Aimee - only 3 pounds in a 2 week vacation? !!

Also - I love Suze Orman. She really has it on the money (so to speak) about how to get out of debt and build wealth.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone!

beautifulone - the book is Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover, its a HUGE commitment, because you are exercising 6 days a week. Well it is for me because of work and commuting to work.

Sandi - I don't know about a GREAT picture, lol.. it's one of the worst one I've had taken. But the view was amazing, and it was a crazy hike! It was only 1.3 km's to get up there, so you can imagine how steep it was! (thats 0.8 miles).

Lori - Suze has some great things to say, and I was pretty impressed with mostly everything she said, but unfortunately since banks and investments are so different between the USA and Canada I can't follow all her rules

-Aimee
Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Height: 5'2"

i love reading books about saving money. I have been debt free for a year or so by following a book called The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Its a great book and i recommend it to anyone. Does Bob Green have a radio show. In my area there is an AM station for healthradio.net that plays a program by Dr. Bob and im wondering if its him, i never catch the beginning of the show where he introduces himself.
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on the positive attitude and minimal gain over vacation! I'm sure all those hikes helped work off all those bbq's, hehe It's great to hear you so inspired to stay on track and generally improve the quality of life...I need to do that! Can I have some of your willpower? lol Welcome back
x meowkat x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #9  

meowkat - I'm starting to learn its not about willpower, its more about making a commitment and sticking with it. Not sure if that makes sense.. in my mind it somehow does! heh..

PenChick - Bob Greene isn't a doctor, so I don't think it is him. It's the trainer who trained Oprah all those years ago to do the marathon. How long did it take you to get our of debt? We are looking at about 2 years for the both of us, kind of frustrating, but it will be WELL worth it!!

-Aimee
Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Canadian Aimee-

I'm so glad you had a good time!!!

-American Aimee
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote