South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #1  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Default P1 done and the final number is...

7 pounds lost!

I am thinking on doing P 1.5, as I have been a bit depressed and craving sweets that past couple days - or maybe I will P1 just a few days more. Any thoughts?

I noticed that up until my depression, my hunger had really curbed. I don't remember being this at peace my first time around. I'm pretty psyched!

~Lisa
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great work on the seven pounds! I'd be inclined to go ahead with Phase II but would add just one thing for the coming week in case cravings set in. Berries or apples or melon (not watermelon!) seem to be the best choices if you want to make the first Phase II item a fruit.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #3  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

White Rabbit, you've done an amazing job.

I have still been having some cravings too, not intense ones, but a few incidents where I had to keep repeating "just say no, just say no, just say no" (I think Ladybugnessa coined that phrase). BF has strawberry & creamcheese poptarts (or something like that) and also soft chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies. I have avoided them, haven't touched 'em. (Which I'm glad of!)

Still, I was thinking I may do either another week of Phase 1, or something more like a phase 1.3 rather than the 1.5... if that makes sense. I know it's not something most people choose to do, but I think another week of detoxing might help me.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
White Rabbit, you've done an amazing job.

I have still been having some cravings too, not intense ones, but a few incidents where I had to keep repeating "just say no, just say no, just say no" (I think Ladybugnessa coined that phrase). BF has strawberry & creamcheese poptarts (or something like that) and also soft chips ahoy chocolate chip cookies. I have avoided them, haven't touched 'em. (Which I'm glad of!)

Still, I was thinking I may do either another week of Phase 1, or something more like a phase 1.3 rather than the 1.5... if that makes sense. I know it's not something most people choose to do, but I think another week of detoxing might help me.

I may do phase 1.3, lol.. i don't like the idea of starches/grains since that's prob my weakness, I'd rather stick with like eating a little cantaloupe each day.. what do we need starch/grains for anyway?
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #5  
Healthy mommy

Cantaloupe is great for you! I think we need some grains because they (the whole wheat kind and such) are complex carbohydrates, which our body needs for energy and various nutrients and vitamins. I think starches and grains may be a weakness for me as well. I would be inclined to go have a whole wheat sub from subway on phase 2, but that would be too many servings of the bread, I think. So then I would have overindulged and that wouldn't be good. So it's a dangerous thing for me... because Subway, and such places, as far as I know, don't serve little sandwiches with one serving of bread...

Plus I love a fried egg and cheese sandwich on english muffins, and I love the whole wheat ones. But I found out from the members on this site, only half of a muffin is a serving! So it's something I could easily over-do, I'm definitely with ya on that.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I would be inclined to go have a whole wheat sub from subway on phase 2, but that would be too many servings of the bread, I think. So then I would have overindulged and that wouldn't be good. So it's a dangerous thing for me... because Subway, and such places, as far as I know, don't serve little sandwiches with one serving of bread...
The Subway bread is wheat bread, but not "whole" wheat bread. Mostly white flour. Not so good.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

White Rabbit! Seven pounds down is really something to cheer about!

I think you should go ahead with Phase 2, just slowly adding in one thing at a time and seeing how it affects your body. It can be a little scary at first, but in the long run Phase 2 is where the "real" weight loss begins. Check out the sticky on entering Phase 2 in our FAQ's, it will help guide you through the process.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59321

Good luck on your continued success, you're off to a great start!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-26-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
The Subway bread is wheat bread, but not "whole" wheat bread. Mostly white flour. Not so good.
Uh oh, I have heard of stuff like that before... where the labels claim whole wheat but the ingredients say white flour (I think it was probably on this forum.) What sort of things should I look for on the label?

I guess the subs are out, but one day last year, BF and I bought like a bunch of different cold cuts (hard salami, roast beef, smoked turkey), swiss cheese, a big selection of veggies, mayo, and a special oil and vinegar dressing I made with spices. Baked it in the oven for a hot delicious sub, that we then topped with veggies, mayo, and the sauce. Scrumptious and way better than Subway anyday.

So, I could do the same sort of thing using a real whole wheat bread, if I watch my portions and cut back on the mayo and not use salami... but I have to make sure I find the right sort of whole wheat bread. Argh, it's confusing.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 View Post
what do we need starch/grains for anyway?
Uh....energy...brain power....but right, who needs that?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Uh oh, I have heard of stuff like that before... where the labels claim whole wheat but the ingredients say white flour (I think it was probably on this forum.) What sort of things should I look for on the label?

I guess the subs are out, but one day last year, BF and I bought like a bunch of different cold cuts (hard salami, roast beef, smoked turkey), swiss cheese, a big selection of veggies, mayo, and a special oil and vinegar dressing I made with spices. Baked it in the oven for a hot delicious sub, that we then topped with veggies, mayo, and the sauce. Scrumptious and way better than Subway anyday.

So, I could do the same sort of thing using a real whole wheat bread, if I watch my portions and cut back on the mayo and not use salami... but I have to make sure I find the right sort of whole wheat bread. Argh, it's confusing.
DH and I do the same thing...we do them panini style though (if you don't have a panini press, you can either heat them in the oven, or in a skillet with a weight on top of the sammich). It's easier to find ww bread than ww sub rolls.

There is also a turkey salami out there somewhere....it is actually really good, if you can find it

btw, you've totally stirred some cravings for a sandwich.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Way off topic. This thread was about White Rabbit's great Phase I.
Maybe we need a new thread for sub sandwich discussion?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Great job Lisa!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Way off topic. This thread was about White Rabbit's great Phase I.
Maybe we need a new thread for sub sandwich discussion?
Uh oh, sorry! It is my fault; I don't know how exactly I do it but I do. I go way off topic and when you pointed out the thread was about White Rabbit's phase 1 loss I was like, huh, what??? I thought it was a thread about whole grains, but then I was like.... Oh yeah!!!!! Lol. My fault.

Sorry White Rabbit, I didn't mean to hijack your thread and turn it into a sub conversation, that was pretty rude and I didn't intend to. I just go so off subject sometimes... (I don't mean to be egocentric.)

You did an amazing job and good luck on Ph 2 or whatever you try next. I am quite envious of you because I'm on day 12 and only lost 3. Awesome job!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Congratulations!!!!! I added 1/2 c. of berries every day for the first week of phase 2 and lost an additional 3 lbs. I think bread is a dangerous thing for me to add still.
Closed Thread