Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 170/ GW 140

Height: 5'6

Default Preping for the starting day...

Hello everyone! I do not plan on starting Induction until August 1. I have never really been a big breakfast or lunch eater. I usually don't eat until supper and very rarely eat snacks or sweets. However, that doesn't seem to work since I am overweight... Anyways, this morning I decided to make some eggs and bacon to try and get myself used to eating breakfast so that I am not overwhelmed with tons of new changes come the 1st.

I ate breakfast about 7:45 and now I feel so hungry! I'm trying to implement lunch into my schedule as well but this is really early for lunch I think. I suppose I could go grab a snack... I know that once I start my diet/new way of life that even though I may be eating more, I will be eating healthier. It's just that I'm confused how eating makes me even hungrier!!!

Lil'
Lilolme78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? Since you are just going to be beginning Atkins on 8/1, you may find the following link helpful:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138091

Be sure to post here often & ask a lot of questions

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'1

Actually, I have the same experience -- eating a small or moderate breakfast can make me hungrier before lunch than not eating breakfast at all. But that's good! That's the whole point of breakfast: to start your system, get your metabolism running. Only eating one meal a day means that your body is probably in starvation mode most of the day, not burning calories -- even more so if that one meal a day isn't quite adequate.

I'm on day 6 of Atkins and it's great! I can understand why it's so successful for so many people. Not starving yourself keeps your metabolism revving & your stomach feeling full so that you don't binge; you see results fast which gives you the motivation to keep working; it's relatively easy to follow compared to counting calories or having to remember complex rules. Good luck!
fatfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

I usually have a 3 egg omelette with cheese for breakfast at 6:30am and I'm full until lunch time. I'll drink 1 or 2 liters of water in between along with one cup of coffee too. Sometimes, I'm not even hungry at lunch and i have to force myself to eat. I started 5 days ago and haven't craved carbs yet...I'd love a beer right now though!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:58 AM   #5  
On my way to FIT

S/C/G: 285/298/130

Height: 5'1"

I'm no expert at this but I've read a bit and here's what I learned...

It's the carbs that you eat that regulate your ongoing appetite.

When you eat (a lot of) carbs regularly, your body uses those incoming carbs for energy (to do whatever it is you do), and then it comes to expect those regularly incoming carbs. If you eat carbs for breakfast, your body will burn those carbs for the rest of the morning and will then, within a few hours, let you know it needs more (by releasing an enzyme that causes the sensation of hunger). So if you have a waffle at 7:30 am, it's likely that by noon you'll feel hunger pangs.

If you stop providing your body with a regular flow of (a lot of) carbohydrates, then instead of relying on the next incoming bunch of carbs for energy, your body will look toward your stored energy (fat) instead. It therefore doesn't need to alert you that it's time for more carbs and -voila! No hunger pangs.

This is why, since I've been on this diet, that I've actually forgotten to eat!

At least that's the way I understand it.
Eileen2bLean is offline   Reply With Quote