Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:12 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #84 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Last edited by CJ; 07-09-2002 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:16 AM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Have a great day and don't forget to check out the last posts on #83 ....

Love, CJ
Old 07-09-2002, 09:56 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

I just have to post today...it's celebration day. Today marks 1 year since I decided to embark on a weight loss program. I didn't quite meet the goal that I originally set, but close enough. I am a healthier person, feel great and can now wear a lot of the clothes that have been hanging in the back of the closet.

Hubby promised to give me a treat when I lost weight and since we put down our last animal this past spring, he has been working on buying me a puppy. This is a big stretch for him since he is not very keen on animals at all and he was thinking that we are finally past the animal stage. Wellll, he told me last night that the litter of puppies was born yesterday and I need to go pick out my puppy this weekend. Just in time to celebrate 1 year of weight loss. What a sweetie...

Sounds like everyone is busy with vacation and company this summer. We have no vacation time planned (work schedules don't permit this year), but hope to get away either in the fall or in the winter. Hubby is not sure if he will be going back to Qatar, then Saudi Arabia this fall yet. We should find out within the next few weeks, though.

Dreamer - Sounds like you have your pregnancy under control. I know you feel like a blimp, but you have really done well with your weight through this. Keep up the great job...and let us know as soon as we have a baby.

CJ - Thanks for the info on the grill. We are just planning now how we will go about finishing the stove top in the kitchen. The island that the stove top is in needs to be re-built. We have decided to vent the stove top and the island is about 3" too narrow. Yes, it means disassembling and making it bigger, which also means that I will be without a stove for about 3 weeks. I think the grill is looking mighty fine now.

Sylvia - So good to hear from you. Sitting back and doing some reflection and making plans for self improvement are important phases in your life. It's not always the easiest time, but you win in the end. Take care and good luck on your weight loss.

Jo - Where are you girl? Haven't heard your corny stories lately. Every day I can't wait to sign on to read your stories. You have such a special way of sharing life experiences. Miss you.

Hope everyone has a great week. I have decided that as of today, I am back OP to try to lose that last 10 pounds. That is my goal for the end of August. Sooooo, today is back at it, lunch is packed and my food plan is laid out. I just can't seem to stick to a program unless I plan in advance. Ad hoc eating just doesn't work for me. I am able to maintain that way, but not lose. Today the plan is made and I am planning to lose that extra 10.

I'll check in again soon. Good to hear from you all.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Who you callin' corny??? Oh, OK. I guess it fits.

Sadly, no stories today. I had the audacity to take a vacation day yesterday and the work just piled up. This morning, bossman came in and told me we had a proposal to finish (i.e. "start") that had to go out today. Well, it's almost 4:00 now and I haven't seen hide nor hair of said proposal. I can just see it landing on my desk at the last possible moment.

Then, there's the phone situation. There are 3 of us who answer the phones. One had a baby girl yesterday!! Needless to say, she won't be in for a little while. The other one said she had a doctor's appt. (yeah, I'm so sure) and left at 1:00 saying she'd be back "in an hour or so". Well, like I said, it's almost 4:00 and no sign of her. I've been here since 7:00 this AM and am supposed to leave at 4:30 to hit the gym. Something tells me it ain't gonna happen for me.

Ooh, I'm sorry for whining. I'm just in a p*ssy mood here. In weight loss news, well, I'm just back from 5 days off work ... and 5 days off program, I'm afraid. The gym I go to has a separate weight loss center and I'm thinking of asking about it. I don't want to go back to WW but I guess I NEED something. Yesterday I actually ventured into the Burger King. I only got one of those new BK broiler things and a small fries but felt sick sick sick for the rest of the day. Guess eventually I'll learn my lesson.

Well, back to the trenches. Wish that little princess would get back here already. Some of us have water bottles to fill! Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

P.S. Have I mentioned lately how HAPPY I am that the Thin Group is so active again!?

Much love, Jo
52 days to Scotland and counting...
Old 07-09-2002, 07:35 PM   #5  
CH

Hey everybody, CJ started the new post. Doesn't that feel like old times!!!! Yea Verily! I feel like I'm home now.

WW today and I lost l.6 lbs. Of course, it's part of the 2.2 I gained 2 weeks ago, but I am happy.

Jo, it's always good to hear from you even if you didn't have a joke. Sounds like a tuff time at work, hope it gets better soon.
Let up know about weight program at gym. We need all the help we can get.

Am on my way to the gym. (Did those words really come out of my mouth!!!!) My friend and I have discovered there's hardly anyone there this time of night. We can play on any machine we want to.

Later, Carolyn
Old 07-09-2002, 07:36 PM   #6  
CH

Just curious to see what this reply does. Later, CH
Old 07-10-2002, 03:32 AM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Checking in!

Hi guys,
Just a quick post here, YES I CAN BE QUICK BELIEVE IT OR NOT. LOL

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Peggy is getting her new puppy for doing so very well on her weight loss program-congrats on the 1 yr anniversary and has lost lots of weight. Jo is going to Scotland-You lucky dog and don't be in a pissy mood Jo, look at me I have been traveling so much and have had quite a few gains, in fact I went on Monday and had a 7.2 lb gain-Darn it and I am cool with it, in fact I know I will get back to where I was before all this traveling and gain. So hang in there girlfriend-YOU CAN DO THIS! Let's see Mary Kay is back and are we glad of it. And Sylvia yes I sure did have lots of withdrawals with my computer and what the heck did we ever do before they were around? LOL Oh CJ don't worry about you having to leave when I call, there is always next time. We will make up for the short talk with an extra long phone call. Right?

So anyways I got my fanny over to the Labor Day Challenge and posted. Anyone else? Come on what are you waiting for. Anything at all you can pledge to lose, it doesn't have to be a huge amount. Anything at all.

So guys here you go and here I go off to bed it is really late here. Like around 2.30 in the morning and I can hardly keep my peepers open. LOL

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 07-10-2002, 09:44 AM   #8  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Hello Everyone! All is well here in hot and humid Oklahoma!

Got an e-mail from Sandi......She is expecting a new grandson next month, her husband took early retirement and they are planning a move to Nevada, (just outside Los Vegas). Going there soon to buy a new house but will keep their cabin in Wisconsin when those hot days in the desert get to be too much for them. She is still within her goal weight, even after all this time without us. I am so very proud of her! She says to say "Hello" to everyone for her.

Have a good day. Hope all of you are staying OP a lot better than I am!

Hugs, Judy
Old 07-10-2002, 10:48 PM   #9  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi everyone!!

Mom and dad left on Monday..... things are getting back to normal.... I finally got on the scales and have gained 10 pounds over the last 3 months or so...... this is really yucky..... I am still stuffing my face it seems..... craving the cigarettes..... yuck!!! Traffic driving to and from work is getting really bad with two expressways completely shut down for construction and major overhaul work.... the one expressway leads right downtown Detroit and now we have to take surface streets and its pretty bad.... the driving time has doubled and the surface roads will rattle your teeth they are so bad..... so much for having a fairly new vehicle.... after this summer it won't be worth much!!!!! I am soooooo frustrated!!!!! and on top of it gaining weight and I am having my period too!!!!!!! UGH....... Hopefully when I get back on the scales it will have been at least 5 pounds of water/period related weight gain..... which it is usually is...... which means that at least 5 pounds is the real thing..... and its still YUCK!!!! hehe..... I need a few butt kicks myself!!!!! anyone volunteering to give them to me? thanks for letting me know what OP stands for..... I was totally in the dark.... and its good to hear from all of you ladies who have been "lurking" about..... thanks for posting...

I will talk to Joanna about posting...... she was having a hard time a few months back (divorce from Keith) and she lost and gained weight.... but she is now losing again but is not back to her lowest point and she also said that Tim has lost 18 pounds and he really wasn't "overweight" that much..... he's still young and we might call it baby fat..... hehe..... he's 24 now..... but he has lost too...... so they are OP for now..... hehe..... and I know she is happy as can be.... I will tell her you all say HI and for her to get posting...... hehe

well..... take care..... I am off to bed now...... be good and stick to the plan...... oh I mean be OP!!!

Love to all...... Carolyn
Old 07-11-2002, 09:25 PM   #10  

Yeh, Carolyn, get Joanna posting! It hs been too long! Re your weight, I'd definitely attribute a few pounds to TOM. Which is kinda cool, 'cause if you weigh again in a week you'll probably be half way back!

Sassy, good to hear from you! I've posted to the long term goals but I'll be about 37 weeks pregnant at labor day, so I'll leave that one! he he

Judy, hello! Thanks for passing the info on about Sandi. She was quite an inspiration to us all I think and still at goal, she still is! Yay for her.

Well best go, just wanted to say hi. It is freezing here - this morning everywhere was white with frost. Much colder, we'd have snow. Ah well, better to be pregnant in winter!
Sam
139/164 (7 months pg)/132 (hey at least I haven't gained for 2 weeks! But 25 pounds at 29 weeks is pretty bad, ah well)
Old 07-11-2002, 10:44 PM   #11  
"Hyatt Regency"

Hi Ladies....... Just checking in and posting like I promised....

SAM... I can only imagine that its best to be pregnant during the winter months.... I would certainly hate it in the heat that we have had lately.... 98 degrees..... YUCK..... but today was beautiful and we are suppose to have beautiful weather all week-end too and then back in the 90's next week..... You are doing fine with your weight, try not to worry about it.... and not gaining for 2 weeks? good for you girl....

I am getting tired and heading off to bed..... just one more day of work then two days off...... yippee!!

Lots of Love... Carolyn
Old 07-12-2002, 01:05 AM   #12  

Hello Ladies!

Just popping in for a quick hello. It's nice to see the group back to "normal".

Well, I'm off to bed.

Have a fabulous day!

Sylvia
Old 07-12-2002, 09:44 AM   #13  

Hi!

I lost one lb. this week, not much, but heading in the right direction.

I have a busy day planned, but want to say hello to everyone here first. My husband and I are going on a vacation to Alaska next Thursday for two weeks, so I have some shopping, laundry, and packing to do today. I also have a hairdresser's appt. later this morning.

CJ, just want to call you a BRAT for starting the thread! It seems like old times.

Sam, glad to hear your pregnancy is going well.

Carolyn (Regency), you asked for a butt kick so here it is...BUTT KICK!!! Good luck getting back on track.

Sharon, nice to hear from you. It's easy to gain weight when you're traveling, isn't it. I hope I don't gain a huge amount when I'm on my vacation.

Carolyn (CH), congratulations on the 1.6 lbs. Way to go!!

Jo, hope your mood has improved. When are you going to Scotland? I went there six years ago, stayed in B&Bs, and had a great time.

Peggy, a new puppy! What kind of puppy are you getting?

Well, I have to get busy now. Hello to Judy, Sylvia, and anyone I may have missed. Take care!

Trish

Last edited by Trish; 07-12-2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:46 AM   #14  
MK

Hi everyone

Well, I did make it back so now I am getting back on track. I started my healthy eating on the 9th. I hope it does bring me luck like it did Peggy.

I did weigh in, but I am waiting until next week to get a true reading. My period started that same moroning. I haqve been doing the cardio glide almost everyday. I am going to pop to the Labor Day challenge after this.

I have a long day tomarrow. We are having the GA games, like a mini olympics for the state of Ga. We also let in South Carolina and Tenn. because we are so close to their borders. Last time we worked our tails off,,,,, I guess I didn't work hard enough cause I can still see mine but anyway we didn't hardly have enough time to go to the restroom. We sure didn't eat. I didn't shrink up from not eating though.

Well, I need to get in bed will be back as soon as possible. I know we will all do our best to stay on track.

When your UP your UP !!! When your down your down

When your with the MIGHTY THINSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR UPSIDE DOWN

HEY HEY WE'RE the THINSTERS

GGGGOOOOOOOOOOO TEAM!!!!!!!!!

Just a little pep talk

See you all later Mary Kay
Old 07-13-2002, 12:51 AM   #15  
CH

Hello Lovely Ladies,
Spent most of my day trimming shrubs in the heat. They were so overgrown it was an embrassment to me. I think I butchered some of them and my legs look like I'ver been in a cat fight. They are scratched something awful. I wish I coudl remember why I gave up my yard boys. I think it had something to do with money.

It's great to see old friends posting here. I have forgotten how to scroll to review the posts and I can no longer remember who said what. I don't want to hear this is a sign of old age!

I've been on program pretty good this week, hope I can stay there until WI. If I'm outside I think it's to hot to eat but when I get inside and cool off it's a battle. Tonight after my meal I had strawberries (lots of strawberries) but that was my fruit for today. Then I had popcorn. I'm sure it had nothing to do with hunger. Anyone else have that problem?

With my popcorn I also had a Pepsi. I don't think it was caffeine free which is the reason I am still up tonight. I think I'm in trouble. It's 11:46 AM here and I'm always in bed before this.
I guess I'll try to read some more. Everyone have a great week-end.
Carolyn
Closed Thread