Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/110

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy I want to be happy. For me.

Hi. I'm Kat. 20. I weigh almost 190 lbs now. A year ago I weighed around 15 lbs less.
I work during the evening and go to school during the day. I got myself a gym membership but I haven't been able to use it much. I rarely go to the gym because of my busy schedule.

My whole life I had been called names, although people always tell me I have a pretty face. Sometimes I can't even appreciate that because the comments I get about my body affect me more than the positive things I hear.

I want to change that. I want to lose weight because I recently realized that my weight issue had been preventing me from doing the things I have been wanting to do.

I have a problem with maintaining good habits so I can't get anywhere. Please help.
ileanathialda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers! Just jump in someplace around here that fits you and you will find the support you need right away!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #3  

Welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

We want you to be happy, too.
Have you thought about what kind of plan you feel like you can stick to? Surf around, there's a group here for pretty much any plan that's any good here.

You came to the right place - ask questions, you'll get more caring opinions than you can shake a stick at. Can ya tell I this place?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/138/110

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hey! I know exactly what you're going through. I've been overweight most of my life, and it's really gotten in the way of things. In fact, that's the reason I quit ballet, one of my favorite hobbies - the other girls in my class made fun of me, and more importantly, I felt way too uncomfortable in a leotard to keep it up. But I've found starting a diet/exercise plan with someone else - a friend, a family member, whoever - really helps motivate me. I'm a high school student, so I know how hard it is to keep motivated and find time for exercise and such, but I think that once you find a diet and work out routine you like, it'll get way easier.

Good luck!
vanityinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

if u r gona do a lifestyle change u can only do it for yourself!....
doing it for anyone else will always fail....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey Kat! Now is a good time to make good habits that will help you all through your life. So many people get gym memberships and then don't use them. The reason seems to be that they are trying to add going to the gym to their schedule. Instead, exercise has to become a priority, so that going to the gym is more important than other things--it's not an add-on.

Of course you have to go to work and to your classes--but suppose you didn't take quite so full a load of classes, and made the gym a "class." Then you would have the time. Or perhaps you could drop your hours at work by an hour, three days a week--then you'd have gym time. It may be that you already do have time, but you let being tired get in your way. Or you want to do other, fun things. This is where having some discipline can help you--and I know you have discipline!

I'm sure you have reasons why making those changes wouldn't work--but keep trying anyway. I didn't think I had time to exercise, either. I also had a busy schedule. But once I decided I was going to spend X amount of time each day exercising (in my case, an hour and a half), it's as though the time magically appeared.

Good luck!
Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 07-24-2008 at 07:00 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileanathialda View Post
Hi. I'm Kat. 20. I weigh almost 190 lbs now. A year ago I weighed around 15 lbs less.
I work during the evening and go to school during the day. I got myself a gym membership but I haven't been able to use it much. I rarely go to the gym because of my busy schedule.

My whole life I had been called names, although people always tell me I have a pretty face. Sometimes I can't even appreciate that because the comments I get about my body affect me more than the positive things I hear.

I want to change that. I want to lose weight because I recently realized that my weight issue had been preventing me from doing the things I have been wanting to do.

I have a problem with maintaining good habits so I can't get anywhere. Please help.
Hi Kat, I'm almost 20 and I weigh around 265lbs. right now.

I know what it's like to be called names. I've had terrible things said to me, done to me. I can't even get into them now without tearing up. I hear comments all the time no matter what I'm doing, walking, buying groceries, hanging out with friends.

Let me tell you this...know you are beautiful. Know you deserve good health. Once you start valuing yourself (I know it's hard) you'll start treating yourself better. As long as you hate yourself, you'll treat your body like crap. Please work on feeling good about yourself, if I didn't do that I'm sure I'd be up to 250lbs. by now.

CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #9  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

Hey Kat, welcome! I can definitely relate to the busy schedule thing. Taking 12-15 hours of classes and working on top of it, it definitely makes the working out tough. I always try and plan ahead though. I have free time on Saturday morning, so I make up all my food for the week and then plan out what I'm going to do for exercise each day. Sometimes I wake up at 5 or 6 in the morning to workout, but I still try and make the time. I'm not saying do that right off the bat, but if take a close look at your schedule, you'll probably realize you had more time than you thought. And I know how much it sucks to come home from being at work or class (or both) all day and wanting to do nothing the second you step in the door. Those are the days I love though, I really don't want to workout but I make myself do it anyways...I feel so good afterwards. Good Luck! PM if you need anything
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #11  
newby

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0 inch

all i can say is just keep on trying. it can be hard - believe me i know. i'd go a week and then find that i gave up for no real reason other than i couldn't be bothered.

i find that if i go to a class it helps a lot. i know that every week i'm being weighed so it's kind of a motivation in itself. like you, time is precious but i make time to go. i didn't like the gym and never went but i enjoy my exercise classes because i'm not alone.
rwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

welcome!!

Last edited by aerogora; 07-24-2008 at 11:52 AM.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #13  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Kat, and welcome! Can you sign up for an exercise/sports class through your school and get credits? Many moons ago, when I was in undergrad, they let us take 1-2 credits or so of PE per semester. Then you MUST go to class to not fail! AND you get credit for a class you would have paid for anyway in gym fees!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #14  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I can tell you want this - and that means you can do it. You just have to realise that no matter how difficult it is - this is in your control! You can change your life and be happy and healthy and it is attainable...go for it!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/190/110

thanks so much everyone! i'm hoping i'd be able to post my own success stories, too, in due time!
ileanathialda is offline   Reply With Quote