Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #1  
Carrie ♥

S/C/G: 218/184/140

Height: 5'3"

Default **What Works??**

I've been debating trying some sort of diet pill.. But I really have no idea what will work & what won't..

So I'm just wondering if anybody is or was on any diet pill & If you could give me some info on any of them.. How & if they work, prices, how often you need to take them.. stuff like that

Thanks a MILLION!!

Carrie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

IME, diet pills don't work. They're supposed to be appetite suppressants, but my gaining weight had nothing to do with appetite. For me eating wasn't about hunger. I ate when I was happy, sad, stressed, lonely, bored, watching TV, reading a book, working on the computer, driving, celebrating, grieving ... you name it. I used it as an excuse to eat.

And on those rare occasions when I did eat due to hunger or any other time I ate, I ate chips, hamburgers, fried things, cheesy things. I even ate healthy foods like oatmeal and eggs in quantities that no normal human being should eat.

So for me pills did nothing. Less than nothing. They made me caffeine jittery while NOT affecting the amount of food I ate.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

If diet pills worked we'd all be taking them and there would be no obesity problem!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 142/123/110

Height: 5.5

I have tried several, dexatrim ,trimspa ,hoodia and alli none of them did anything for me but upset my stomach and waste my money.Easier said than done watch your intake and up your activity level,save the money you would have wasted on some nice exercise clothes or something that will make you fell better about yourself.I always feel more like exercise when I buy myself a new workout outfit.
Beckypa32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Diet pills = lighter in your pocketbook

We all would like a magic pill, but in my many years of experience, it just doesn't exist

Buy a workout dvd and a calorie counter book instead.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #6  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
If diet pills worked we'd all be taking them and there would be no obesity problem!
I agree! If they really worked, we'd hear about them on CNN, read about them on the cover of Time magazine, and our doctors and hospitals would recommend them. Instead, the only way you hear about them is from the manufacturers and their sales agents. Even "testimonials" are notoriously fake.

If they really worked, I'd take them
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #7  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

A girl I work with has lost 40 pounds using diet pills and laxatives. Sure, she's lost weight, but she looks terrible with brittle hair, bad skin, and she has no muscle tone. Not to mention she gains weight back when she stops the pills (because she hasn't changed her eating habits), and has to start taking them again.

I'd stay away from the stuff!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote