Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Talking Prayer for San Francisco/ Sacramento

Hi everyone, this is the first time that I have posted in the faith based forum. I'm 27 and moved from Kansas City to Sacramento 5 months ago.

Lately, the Lord has been putting on my and others' hearts to pray for San Francisco and the Sacramento area. With all of the politic things happening, I've been praying out for mercy.

I'm sure it sounds crazy, but anyone interested in praying for this area, I would love to get to know you and agree with you in prayer.

The Lord is doing so many things in the people in this area, but we need more people to pray.

Heather
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Whats going on?
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #3  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

I'm in the SF Bay area, and I haven't noticed anything in particular out of the ordinary lately. What's going on?
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I thought there had been fires.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I think she was talking about our local politics. Theres been some mud slinging here in Sacramento.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #6  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

What kind of political problems in regards to mud slinging in Sacramento?
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

We are in the process of electing a new mayor, and the canidates are really trashing each other! I really don't much about it, just what I've heard.
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Well, I don't know how much you all have heard, but there's a lot of prophetic words out right now about a disaster happening in the bay area.

http://www.unknownprophet.com/

click on the urgent word. I don't know if there's any truth to it. I'm just praying that it's not true. It can hurt to pray for protection, that's how I see it.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I looked at the site and had the impression that a lot of this has already happened , 1906 earthquake and fire that pretty well destroyed the city, 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake , pretty severe, also. Northern California has forest fires and floods ,every so often. I try to be ready to meet my maker and don't worry about natural disasters that may or may not happen.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

The DISASTER is people claiming to be prophets. Rest easy dear...our good Lord does not work in this way.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:43 PM   #11  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Amen, EZ!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #12  

Height: 5'3"

Whenever you are not sure about something, go back to the Bible. It is our standard always. God did bring disaster/judgement on people and/or allowed it to happen in the Bible days. And the Bible tells us that He will again in the last days. But as I remember the Bible a few things come to mind that turn me off this "prophet."

1. God always warns people before sending judgement. And while He may use an up-to-this time unknown individual, it is not someone you have look for (as on a website)...that person will be plainly seen and heard so all have a chance.

2. Prophets are not to be anonymous but they are to speak and if they are of God what they say will come true. Actually God has some pretty harsh words to say about prophets who speak words that He did not give them to speak. I realize that though this woman started out anonymous she has now given her name and background on this site.

3. God does not destroy the righteous along with the unrighteous. Instead He gives them a way of escape. In the last days the Bible says that there will be a mark placed on His people so they will not be harmed.

There are probably more but these are some that come to mind. That is not to say that you shouldn't pray for that area (all people need prayer and there are a lot of reasons for prayer for that area too...I have a dd there and visit a lot and I know that it is not easy for the Church there) but in my mind not because of this "prophet" and her prophesies. Reading her background though I think she may not be so evil as perhaps confused. While there is plenty evil there there are just as bad and worse places on our earth today and it is not yet as evil as Sodom and Gomorrah.

ETA: I read her prophesy very quickly and I notice now that she does say that revival will come because of the true believers praying and that these believers will be protected. I is true that we never know what we prevent by praying. God does honor the prayers of His people. Just ask the Holy Spirit to give you discernment when you hear "prophesies," and check how God operated in the past (Bible).

Last edited by maryea; 07-26-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typos and to add more
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Well whatever the argument there certainly is no harm in praying for California, SF. right?
HisBeloved is offline   Reply With Quote