South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's Chick Chat

Happy Hump Day!

We had some strong storms move through here last night, knocking out power and creating havoc. But it seems to have cooled things down a little.

This morning the girls have a playdate with some friends they haven't seen since school let out, and this afternoon we're finally going to go see "Wall-E". I had a run-in with with my old nemisis, peanutbutter, yesterday, so I plan to be diligent about eating clean today!

What does everyone have planned for the day?
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, sorry about those storms. ouch. My sister called me from North Carolina yesterday on her cell phone because her power was out from storms and she needed me to look up the weather online for her. Luckily the power came on several hours later. We got a good rain/wind last night, but needed the rain. Have fun at the movies!!!

Me...my husband is getting the day off of work today since his Mom is here. He never takes off and has tons of days. So he went in to start up the computers and take care of any problems that occured overnight and will leave at 8. Then we are taking MIL out for breakfast at a great Bavarian restaurant and head to Baton Rouge to find something fun to do. I think I'd better eat before we go to breakfast. That particular restaurant is the ONE place I can never find anything on the menu to eat. Everything is made with gravies and potatoes. We took her out to eat yesterday afternoon since I couldn't find my red beans yesterday morning. I had the best piece of grilled tuna I had ever had. Glad I lost those beans!!

I'm gearing up for my Jillian butt whompin with a cup of coffee. Nothing better than caffeine and a butt whompin to start the day off, right?

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-23-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

Cottage - My 3 year old loved Wall-E! Hope you do too!

Cat - I'm getting my caffeine fix too! Hope you enjoy time with your MIL more than I do

Me - Off to send realtor papers to the new realtor. Our house has been on the market...TWO years!!!! And, it's been empty for 15 months now, since we moved from NC to PA. (and it's SUCH a beautiful house!!). Sigh. It'd be nice to get that off our shoulders, I try not to think about it. Otherwise - it's my short day at work, then off to the Y and then shopping for the camping trip.

Have a great one!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning!

Femme Creole, I second that about caffeine. I cannot function without it. The butt whompin part of your day might kick in for me soon, I hope!

Cottage, I hope you have a fun day and enjoy your movie. I can take or leave peanut butter, but don't put almond butter in front of me.....

As for me, I have to dash over to an auto repair place and retrieve my car tag. A friend borrowed my car last week and was involved in an accident, which "totaled" the car. No one was hurt. Fortunately, it was an older "backup" car we'd purchased at a very cheap price.

After that, I'll hunt down some fresh organic veggies, clean out closets, and work on my book. My puppy has informed me that she is bored with her doggie treats, so I may give in this once and find her something else.

It will be another hot humid day here, what else is new?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning gals.

Cottage your storm must be headed this way it's overcast this morning.

TWyne where in NC is your house... we may be moving there and i need to buy a house....

Cat and Belle have a great day

me: swam last night, dealing with a depressed husband and a PMSing teen terror.... looks like this month i'll report a gain on the scale. how sad.
work work work.. nothing changes for me.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Good Morning to all you gorgeous Beachers!

Cottage, I want to see Wall-e too, but alas, i have no one to go with me. I hope you the girls enjoy it. We just had another band of storms go thru, hope they miss you.

Cat, Your day sounds fun!

Twynn, Here i am in Pa, hoping to move to NC! Where are you camping this weekend? We certainly do have our share of beautiful parks here. Looks as if the weather will cooperate too! Enjoy!

Belle, Sounds like you have a full day planned! I love your beach umbrella.

As for me, it's another day at work. We are suppose to have a staff meeting. I advocate for them as i think they are a great way to keep communications open but always feel let down after them. Guess no one else values them, sees them as a waste of time. This evening my best GF has invited me over to her house to watch the 2 elk that have taken up residence in her front yard. Looking forward to that! Gotta run, have to stop and get gas and pick up a co-worker on my way to the office.

Here's to a wonderful day on the beach!

Pat
Old 07-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Nessa- our home is in Bailey, about a 1/2 hour drive east of Raleigh. We miss the house, but not NC! (hot, hot, hot! and we LIKE the snow!!)

Pat - We're going to Reed's Gap, a primitive campground near Milton. We looked at others, but most good sites (we have a HUGE tent) were booked because we waited so long. It's a beautiful little spot though, and has a good playground, and a swimming pool! The kids oughta have a blast!!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all

Lopsided day today - I have an evening meeting but do have a morning visit so it will start a little later be will be long. Dinner meetings are always a challenge for me. I'm never tempted by the food served but generally am not hungry at 5 (before the meeting) but am starving by 7:30 when the meeting ends and all I want to do is get home.

It's about to storm buckets here so don't know if my visit this morning is even on. It includes development folks and is supposed to be outdoors. Doesn't sound promising.

Have a good day all!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Not much on my plate today but the usual end of the month junk at work. Got my yoga in this morning and it is supposed to be a beautiful day so hoping to get in a nice long walk tonight.

Still dealing with the in-law nightmare from over the weekend and probably will for sometime to come. All I really care about is the baby, they are so drama filled if I can just provide some stability for her that is all the matters.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning!

It's raining hard this morning! It must be the start of the hurricane. We needed the rain so much...I can almost hear my vegetables and flowers cheering. I was able to throw some compost into the soil last night in anticipation of the rain.

I'm doing laundry for our vacation today. We don't leave for another week...but for my sanity, I need to start early with the cleaning and organizing.

We're having dinner with an old friend of our tonight - I'm sure you've probably heard of his annoying hit single "the cupid shuffle". We have no idea where we're going yet...hopefully he figures out what time he's going to get in town soon.

Other than that...not much going on....looking forward to a nice, relaxing day.

Have a nice one, ladies.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #11  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Hump Day!

Cottage - The storms sound intimidating. Glad to hear they cleared up. Hope the movie is enjoyable for both you and the girls. Have fun!

Cat - Enjoy your time in Baton Rouge. I know you'll find something wonderful to do!

Twynnb - Sorry to hear that your house hasn't sold. I tell ya, when it comes to the housing market today it's neither a buyers market OR a sellers market. It's a No Sale market. Sucks to be on either side!

Belle Mer - So nice of you to loan out your car, but how sad that it was totaled. Was it your friends fault? Enjoy your organic veggies!

Nessa - Hey! Get out of this slump! Things can get better, you just have to work on it. Hang in there!

Pat - Have fun at your meeting today. I'm with you about staff meetings, even though they can be tedious I know I can get something out of it if I make an effort to.

Cyndi - Try to stay dry today. And drive safely in that rain.

Stephanie - Sorry to hear that things are still crazy with the whole family situation. Hopefully you all can come to a reasonable solution that's best for the baby.

Zeff - I'm hoping things have calmed down for you this week. I'm sure the vacation will be a welcome respite. Enjoy tackling Mt. Washmore!

Me - It'll be a super quiet day at work. There's A LOT of classes going on fieldtrips and my supervisor will be at a meeting most of the day to find out what we will need to do for our state review that's coming up this year. I'm hoping tonight that the baskets I ordered for the baby shower will be in today so I can start putting that whole gift together. And then I've got my "So You Think You Can Dance" to watch tonight. Shouldn't be too bad.
Have a fantastic Wednesday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hmac - things have calmed down and we're all getting back to our schedules. I never used to be like this, but since having a baby I thrive on schedules.
Mt. Washmore it definitely is a mountain!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Hello, everyone... My scale didn't like me for this week's weigh-in. I made the chick peas and my DS11 liked them, too. Now I'll have to make MORE because he's a snack hound.

Have to get back to exercising soon.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I have been trying for the longest to get on the site but once I got here it wouldn't let me go into any threads.

Cottage enjoy the movie

Cat I hope yall have a great day!

Twynn that something happens with selling your house

Nessa

fluffy wheres that scale

dreary day out suppose to have rain on & off all day
Old 07-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #15  
I can do this!!

Morning my beach buddies~
Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.....Another hot day today!
Started day 8 of phase one today...which means weigh in...and I lost 8lbs!(yeah me!) I stayed off the scale since i start the beach (trying to weigh in once a week) So this was a great surprise for me...
Cottage: Wall-e is so cute! We really enjoyed the movie.
Cat: Say hello to Jillian for me...My DVD should be here any day now.
Zeffryn: Send me some rain..we really need it!
To everyone else skinny vibes!!
Have a great Day..I'll check in through out the day....

Sara

Closed Thread