Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Wed July 23

Morning all...well i did it. I dragged my lazy butt out of bed this am to work out before work. Man it always makes me feel good to do it...but man is it hard. But i always feed GREAT afterwards.

Poppy...glad to hear you don't weigh every day. Sounds like you got yourself going good. I hate to see people freak out when it doesn't happen immediately. But glad to hear you are not stressing. Trust me...my weight loss has been horribly slow...but its partially my fault.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to get ready for work.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Wow, you sure miss a lot when you don't post for a few days! We had a crazy weekend, my husb put in the laminate floor that's been sittin gin our garage for MONTHS, my youngest got a mild case of chicken pox, I had to go grocery shopping on a budget (yuck) and I had a ton of homework to do! Algebra is not my thing!

GG - good job getting up and working out! I used to have energy....
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone!! I just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone before I head out the door to work. I think Napoleon is coming back today so I will have to lay low. Or, since he's so short, maybe I should lay high!! Anything above knee level should do!!

Here's another poem to get you in the dieting mood...

Bad Diet! Bad!

Losing weight is really great
I love my brand new bod...
But even goods things have their moments,
So... Let’s give them a nod...

Writing in my food diary
makes me think of eating.
The other day I wondered if
eating the book was cheating...

I used to have nice boobies
The men would stare in shock...
But now they’re by my ankles
And I have to buy bigger socks...

Walking on the treadmill
I get so hot and damp....
I reminds me of those awful times
away at Summer Camp.

Eating healthy makes you poop
So bad... I’m afraid to flush
without breaking it in several pieces
with my toilet brush!

To sum it up and all that stuff,
let’s make a little list...
I will be vague but after all
I think you’ll get the gist.

Boobs are droopin’
Can’t stop poopin’
Writing down my meals
Walking on the treadmill
HEY! This wasn’t in the deal!

I just wanted to lose some weight,
not droop and poop and sweat...
But if that’s what it takes to get to goal
I’ll do it... you can bet!

Have a wonderful day all!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Valerie, LOVE the poem! I used to write a lot of poetry, but just haven't had that creative kick in quite a few years.

GG, DH is going to call the vet today, but since I'm here, I'll mention this. Eli has had diarrhea on and off for almost 2 weeks. He's acting fine otherwise, and has quazi-normal BMs in between, but sometimes it's straight liquid. We did rice & ground turkey a few times. I think he just ate something. DH thinks it's from drinking the puddles of water that form in the driveway. I dunno.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, we know what's on your mind Valerie!! Gross...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

OMG! Poppy that poem is so funny!! Our whole office is dieting and I printed it to show them! Thanks for the morning laugh!
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #7  

good morning...its wednesday!...im thrilled...week almost over!

gg: great job gettig out of bed to exercise...wish i did it this morning..have a great day at work

holly: i agree...shopping on a budget (yuck) .... but sometimes it is what it is... how'd you do with your homework?..have a great day

valerie: you are too funny!...great poem...love it...and napoleon!..ha ha...have a great day

lauren: hey girl!...have a great day

i guess i better go get scooting and get ready to go..im dragging today...have a great one
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:16 AM   #8  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Missed you all yesterday. But we were without power from 4 a.m. until 10 p.m. yesterday. Made for a long boring day. Got through half a book though. Did make it to TOPS and lost 2.25 pounds this week. So am happy about that. Today I think I will mow the yard and then watch The Bucket List this evening before I have to take it back. Then might have to think about cleaning the house tomorrow, since my dh asked when I thought I might do that. Should have said when you offer to help. Can't wait to go back to school. Then maybe he will help out more around the house.
Valerie you had me rolling on the floor with your poems. Thanks for sharing! Hope work goes well for you today!
GG, glad that you got up and worked out before work. Hope it makes your day go smoothier.
Hi to everyone else. I need to go squeeze in my workout for the day, before my dh gets home. I missed working out yesterday. No electric, plus it was just too darn hot to be outside walking.
Check in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone!

Just popping in for a quick hello as I have my breakfast before I head to my assignment. Looks like everyone is having a great start to the day.

Poppyseeds: Your poems are hilarious!! Thanks for making me laugh.

I won tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs on the radio this morning as I was taking my daughter to school. We had plans to take my youngest son as he is hooked on dinosaurs. He's been that way since birth. Since he was 3 years old he tells everyone he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. We've gone to their website a few times and watched the documentary on this over the weekend. Now we only have to buy 2 tickets instead of 4. That saves us a lot of money.

May you all have a Wacky Wednesday!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #10  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies....

Valerie you should have been a comedian.

Kerry.

Lauren, Holly, Sunshine have a good day.

GG I wish I was able to roll out of bed and go to the gym. I have to be at work to early.

Christina I am too glad today is Wednesday. Tomorrow is my Friday and I will be off for 2 weeks.

Talk at yall later.....
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #11  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning Everyone!!

My first time in chat since Saturday or Sunday? What a long week. Not a whole bunch accomplished, but a busy week indeed.

Poppyseeds--- Love the poem. Hilarious.

Sunshine---- Great about winning tickets. Have fun, I am sure your ds will have a blast. We have a dino exhibit nearby, and my dd is skeered of them live actions and growls. To live and Huge for her. My ds on the other hand doesn't mind them, wants to climb over the barrier and climb them. LOL!

GG--- Great job on hoping out of the bed and working out. I haven't been motivated enough to go to the gym yet- and don't think I'll be able to go soon, as I have a meeting in an hour. Maybe after lunch??

Hollymommy--- Whew-whoooo on the new floor. I bet it looks nice.

Well off to get myself a refill on the coffe and get ready for my meeting. Chat later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Kerry congratulations on the -2+ Lbs.!

Valerie you are nutty! thank you for sharing, LOL

GG you are on top of it, that is great that you were able to motivate yourself and get a work out before work! have a great day

Lauren sorry about the dude being sick, I hope it is just what DH is thinking.

Christina good to see ya!

Holly I love to get things cleaned and organized!

I have just been busy, we had the garage sale on Saturday we did pretty good, sold a few big ticket items, DS Jeep that has a huge battery was one of them, I am so glad it is gone!!!! We have been going to the pool everyday, when I get home I am pretty tired, I have been knitting a lot too. I started reading a book for my book club I didn't think I was going to like it, I can't put it down, it is great! "pillars of the earth" I definitely recommend it!
Today DH is off, we are going to try to spend some time together, I have to go back to the dentist to get my crown put on after root canal I hate the dentist!

I will see you all later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI Fergi, Pear and Sunshine! we were posting at the same time!

sunshine congratulations! you are a lucky gal!!!!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #14  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Height: 5'3"

Good morning,
Valerie - great poems. I love it. Thanks for the laugh
GG - you are my hero. i could never do that.
Karry - 2.25lbs is awesome. keep up the good work
Sunshine - you lucky girl! I would love to take my kids there too. Where in California do you live?
Hanna - you are in So. Cal too? Where at? have fun reading.

I better get back to work. I need to prepare a proposal for my manager.
Hugs
Yana
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey all you chicksters!

not much time just poppin in to let you know I'm not dead. I've been super busy and I'm leaving today to take big DS to Lipscomb for a orientation/registration, we'll be there a couple of days then when I get back I've got a 5k, a wedding, and a farewell dinner all on Sat. then our church is doing community wide service projects on Sunday am in lieu of worship services. So, I probably won't be checking back in til next week sometime, I have to turn around and take big DS back down on Mon. cuz he's got to take another test for possibly more money (academic). I don't look forward to the driving but I get a day away from the house and most of the kids.

I've been doing pretty well on eating and my running, however, my shins and knees are hating my guts right now, but I'm gonna keep on pluggin away.

hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to catching back up with you all. Have a great hump day!!!!!
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote