South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Default Question

My going on Phase 2 supposidly starts on Monday, but can I go an extra week on Phase 1 to lose a little more weight? I read alot in here how people plateau or gain when they are on Phase 2 and I don't want that to happen, but of course if I can't help it I guess I have to be patient. I just get impatient when it comes to my weight, I like losing 2-3lbs a week if I can.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Dr. A doesn't really advise staying on Phase 1 longer than 14 days, since your body isn't getting all the nutrients and whole grains it needs to live a healthy lifestyle. Here's a link to a sticky in our FAQ section that helps explain why you should move on to Phase 2 -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52754

It's hard to be patient when the pounds come off slowly, but the slower you lose, the more likely the pounds will stay off. Many of us do a phase 1 1/2, meaning we only usually have 1 grain a day, and maybe a fruit. Perhaps this would work for you, too.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-23-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

move to the phase 2 transition as suggested (adding ONE thing like berries) per day for a week. barely out of phase 1 as it were.

you will probably not lose anyway in phase 1 much longer... it's just the 'detox' phase anyway.

the true long term weight loss is in phase 2

truth is i've lost only about half a pound a wee for over two years but i'll never gain it all back... too hard to go back to eating the old way when the SBD way is the only way i've known for over 2 years.

this is a very very very slow way to lose.... patience is critical.
Closed Thread