Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something chat tues. July22nd

Hey....where is everyone??

Off to the free movies this AM...going to see RV with Robin Williams,,looks pretty funny. Will check in this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!!

Cheers,
P

BTW, Toni...any weather is great soup weather, IMO. I just had some yesterday, and it was 93 degrees out!! haha!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Pmasci - I think the funniest kids book I've ever read was called The Diary of A Worm... I can't remember the author but it is hysterical. My mom is a librarian and my sister in law teaches special education at the elementary level. They are always bringing over these hysterical kids books. I'm pretty sure Northampton or Warminster Library has this book.

Welcome momsquared...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG... sounds like a good workout. This weather is ungodly humid... Enjoy your horsies!!

Fergie... please pack me in your suitcase for vaca? Please? I won't eat much... I'm dieting remember??

To everyone... have a fabulous, wonderful, awe-inspiring, weight-losing, butt-pinching, work-outing, smaller size clothes kinda day!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

btw... I forgot to ask... I'm noticing a vast improvement in my stamina for the day. Yesterday, I worked until 3:30, came home and cleaned the house, did a few loads of laundry, did and few odd jobs and still had the energy to go on my nightly walk. I realized that I've been doing more and more each day.

There was a time just a few short weeks ago that the couch was all I visited after work. I did nothing else after work because I was too tired.

I was wondering if anyone else that started renently is starting to notice that you're feeling better?
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!!

The beach was wonderful yesterday. We went in the afternoon when almost eveyone else was gone. We found a great parking spot at a free beach. And there were two boys for Alex to play with, so we hit the jackpot all around! Cassie loved the waves, she spent almost the entire time in the water. She'd get hit in the face with a wave and just laugh.

PSA for those of us with kids in diapers. You can wash and reuse the disposable swim diapers (well, as long as they aren't poopie). I just tried it with yesterdays diaper and it seems to have worked fine.

Pam: Hope the movie was good!!

Valerie: I have noticed that on days where I get busy and stay busy I have more energy. If I'm having one of those days where I just can't get going I am tired and draggy for the whole day.

Have a great Tuesday chicas!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning all.

Well yesterday was a good day until the migraine took over. It was horrible. I thougth I was going the throw up everything I had eaten in the past week. So I crashed about 6.

I so need to get the house cleaned before the trip. I hate coming home to a dirty house after a vacation. I need to sit down and write a list.

Poppy sure you can come. We have great trunk space. The girls can pass you food and drink through the compartment from the car that leads to the trunk.

Have a good one ladies. Hello to everyone and hope you have a wonderful day.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #7  

good morning!..i did not want to get up today!

alicia: you poor thing...try to get some rest while at home...hope you get a new job very soon

karen: i hope dh finds something soon...will cross my fingers for you guys...

momsquared: WELCOME! jump right in...you'll love it here

karry: my oldest ds is doing great...sears sucks!..they wont work around his football schedule so he has to look for another job...but football is great..he is having so much fun...im not too worried about him working cause football and school are enough but the program wants him to work so he is looking for something VERY part time!...thank you so much for asking about him...im so glad you spoke tothe boys about hteir dad...it was a good thing you did ~

mamatoni: a bike ride with the kids to the park sounds great...my little mario is just starting to love riding his bike...last night i made dh get up and we all went for a walk with little mario riding his bike..it was nice outside

ok...i know i missed a ton of people...hi to everyone...i gotta get going im way late and im so tired...have a meeting today with the property owners because some stuff in and out of the building are a mess and they are doing nothing...have a great day all!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #8  

oh pam: let me know how RV is...i wanted to see that but never did...i think its gonna be funny!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good Morning All. Well, we have returned from our camping trip. Of course, I ate what I wanted when I wanted. Not so good but oh well. It was sooo hot! Allie didn't stay she just came up for the day with my parents but Nate did really well. I am actually looking forward now for the start of school and back to a normal routine. We still have a few more trips planned and it is just wreaking havoc with everything! So I will be grateful when it is over. On the other hand, my hubby says that wanting to get away and be with family just reinforces the fact that we shouldn't be living down here...that we should be moving up closer to family. Guess he has a point.

Poppy- Diary of a worm is an awesome book...they also make a spider and fly version. Tough Cookie is good too. I could recommend hundreds of books that I found more humorous than my kids or my students!

Well, take care all! -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/180/140

Morning everyone!

fergi: I hope you feel better today. . .I seems like everything falls apart when mom is not feeling good.

Christina: I thought that RV was great and very family friendly.

I havn't posted much in the past few days because I've been sooo busy. I am finally returning to work after almost 5 years so I'm trying to complete all kinds of projects before I do. Anyone have any good advice for returning to work after being a stay at home mom for 5 years?

Also a dumb question how do I put a weight tracker in a signature?

Miltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Pam, have fun, you know i agree with you on the soup.

poppyseeds, I agree with Karen, on days I'm busy I can just keep going and going.

Karen, that is the best time to go to the beach, I hate going when it's crowded.

fergi, I don't like coming home to a dirty house...after work or a trip, glad you feel better!

Christina, glad to hear Dominic is doing so well.

Erin, I don't think I could camp in this weather. Did you guys move there for work? Or did your family move away?

Miltrez, are you going back to work full time?

I've been very lazy today. I didn't roll out of bed till about 10 and I still feel tired. We have to go back to the orthodontist, I hope that these weekly visits end soon. I also hope they get the braces on before school starts here. The kids go back on Aug 18. Spencer is not looking forward to it. He said its too soon. Oh and have to get groceries. My DH will not grocery shop. So if I don't stock up on stuff they usually run out.

Okay enough blabbering, hope all have a great day, talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #12  
Changing Lifestyle

S/C/G: 197/187.5/137

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone,
I had no idea these boards can be so adictive

Toni - my DH graduated Dimond High School in 1982.
Lois - Update your ticker, girlfriend
Miltrez - are you excited to go back to work? What are you going to do?
Valerie - You go girl with all that energy. Gimmie some....

Hi to all I missed. I am off to the meeting. See you all later,
Yana
yana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #13  

Hey girls...movie was pretty funny, and aside from one or two b-words, it was perfect for the kids. They laughed the whole way through, as did I!!

Thanks for the book ideas girls. I think a trip to the library will be in order either today or tomorrow. Frankie is finishing up "Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great" Remember that on?? Beverly Cleary, man what an excellent kids author!!

Okay, off to make mac & cheese for lunch. Think I'll have a leftover prokchop & tomato/basil salad.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #14  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning all, clouds are gone today!!!!

Feel kinda shlumpy today, gotta get butt in gear and enjoy this nice day!

will do personals later, just wanted to pop in and say "hi"
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hiya Chicksters... Lots of clouds and rain today here. We were supposed to meet friends at the zoo today but that was cancelled so I've been able to get quite a bit accomplished around here. I can't believe that school starts 3 weeks from tomorrow. I am soooooooo in denial. I actually like having the kids home for the summer ~ that is 75% of the time LOL! I finally posted the recipe for those that wanted it. It's super easy and so good. Dill is great stuff. Later Chicks ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote