Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Mon. July21st

Hey ladies...

Just a quick post then off to clean. Not much else going on around here today. Sat around and watched movies all day with hubby yesterday. Kids played & watched as well. Very lazy after two days of swimming all day!!

Pear...OP means "on plan" as far as I know. Unless I've been completely wrong the last year...lol.

Okay girls, if I don't get going now, I'll be on here allAM and my bathrooms will stay dirty.

Later chicas!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...got another day off and lots to do. More errands to run, got to get my truck registered (its that time of year). Also, need to go to the gym and get the house cleaned and do laundry. So it will be a busy one.

Pearfreak-to answer your question OP=one plan/points....in otherwords trying to stay within your diet plan and stay within either your calories, points etc.

alright all....hey to everyone else!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Oops... I answered the OP question on yesterdays thread... bad girl... bad!

Well, another monday is here. I didn't want this weekend to end... it was a good one. We took our golden retriever Mackenzie to the park last night. She jumped and played in the lake and we were hysterical. She was wanting those ducks I'm telling you. But the ducks wanted no parts of her!!! It was a riot!! She met lots of new doggy friends too. We had a nice change of scenery for our evening walk and DD loved it too. DS stayed home and played guitar hero for 4 hours!!! UGH!! Can''t blame him though, he worked almost all week AND weekend and was missing his XBox.

So I'm off to work. Napoleon boss is still on vaca (probably out nuking whales or something) so it shouldn't be too bad today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Gals,

Pam ~ I read your post about Cadence showing you all that she could do in the pool. That is so exciting! Seeing the kids learning to swim as well as learning to read is so cool!

GG ~ did I read correctly that you'll be working 8 days straight after today? Whew, that will be rough if that is the case. I know that you're working extra days with your trip coming up but will this schedule ease up after August? I hope so!

Karen ~ so sorry to hear about DH. I hope that a new opportunity comes around shortly for him. Also, regarding the doctor visit/pre-diabetic... this might be the kick in the pants that you need. You need to take care of yourself so that you can take of those two precious babies of yours. Big hugs to you...

We had a busy weekend on this end. I got my exercise in each morning and that had to have helped me since I didn't eat so good at the social events that we went to. I got on the scale this morning and it has stayed the same. DH made a homemade blueberry peach cobbler ~ soooo good. Plus, we went to a birthday party so I've had plenty of sweets. That is definitely my weakness. Like Pam, I have dirty bathrooms and laundry awaiting me so gotta go. Hope that everyone has a great Monday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #5  

Valerie ~ LOL at your comment about your boss nuking whales. You are a trip Girl. Have a good week!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #6  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning hope everyone had a great weekend.

The retirement dinner went well. My daughter and I had a good time. We had mommy daughter time since the husband was out of town. So she was my date.

Yesterday was a lazy day. We laid around the house all day. Got some chores done. I need to get everything done before Saturday. We are taking the girls to the monster truck rally. Then we leave on Sunday for Florida. So I need to get packed and everything before Saturday. Plus drop the dog off at the sitters. Busy Busy Busy.

Plus the DD has volleyball camp this week.

Talk to yall later

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! I'm packing up DD for her visit to Alberta, and DH-to-be for his month at work. And making a list of all the things I'll do while I'm alone!! We want to buy half the backyard from the new neighbor, they don't do anything with it, and we would pay for the fencing, and their poor dog won't have to spend most of his time barking on the balcony!! I'd get a place for a greenhouse, and I'd put my new fruit trees over there! Have a great day!!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Another crazy Monday around here! Sunburn's a little better, thanks to whoever that was that asked. Yes, I'm being lazy and too tired this AM to look! I'll check in later! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #9  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Sounds like today is the day for laundry and cleaning house. I might do a little bit of that myself. In between trying to cheer up my dh. His boys' hurt his feelings yesterday by telling him that they didn't love him and they didn't like coming over to the house because he makes them mind and do things for themselves. See their mom and stepdad give into them and don't make them do things to make them learn responsibility. So it has been a rough day yesterday and last night trying to sleep. His kids are his world. He does everything for them. I told him that they didn't really mean and that they didn't know what they were saying at the time. But he doesn't think so. So should be a fun day around my house. I think I am going to call his boys today and have a serious heart to heart chat with them. My dh told me last night that he wanted to kill himself because we do everything for his kids and with them and then they treated him like that. So say some prayers for my family right now.
Sunshine glad that your mom is home from the hospital. Hopefully she will recover and be back to work soon.
Pam, sounds like you had a nice weekend. What movies did you watch? Enjoy cleaning. How was your school supplies shopping yesterday?
Fergi, glad your retiremtent dinner went smooth and well for you. So you have a week until your trip to Flordia. Enjoy your vacation. Every summer, I tell my dh that we are going on vacation. But then something comes up and we never go. So I am saving money this coming year and we are going somewhere next year.
GG, enjoy your day off. Sounds like you will be busy doing errands. 8 days straight after today is going to be a long time without any days off. But then you go on your vacation after that right? Did you find a camera yet?
Joan, sounds like you had a really busy weekend partying. Hard to get back into the swings of things, huh. Glad you stayed the same on the scales. Enjoy your laundry and cleaning today.
Valerie, you had me lol about your boss nuking whales. Hope you enjoy a peaceful day at work. Sounds like you had fun at the park last night with your doggie! How is your leg doing?
Hi to everyone else. Think I need to get my fat butt up and moving for the day.
Chat with everyone later.
Have a great Monday!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #10  

happy monday!

we had a good weekend...saturday i laid in bed all day!...it was great...the boys did their thing..then saturday night we went to a dinner for dh's cousin who just got married...fun fun...yesterday was the cleaning, grocery shopping...that kind of stuff...we did go to the park to try to fly little marios new kite (a big airplane with propeller and all) but not enough wind so he just played...

planning for a super busy day at work and week at work...gotta run...have a great day!

gg: try to enjoy a little time to yourself on your day off!

pam: sonds like a great weeekend for you too!

valerie: too funny about your boss!...hope you have a great day with him still gone

joan: great job getting your exercise in during your superbusy weekend...yummy cobbler it sounds like dh made!

fergi: when did your daughter get back...did she have a good trip out here?...she went to CA right?...glad you had some mommy/daughter time...

kerry: sounds like it was hard on dh to hear that...you're right though..they really dont mean it...in the long run they will thank him...hope they listen to you when you call them!

kofarg/lauren: hi to the both of you....have a great day

ok...gotta run!

Last edited by Christina S; 07-21-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: .
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #11  

Hey girls.

Kerry...Just said a prayer for you guys. That is scary that you DH even said that, maybe he should talk to someone? As for the kids, yeah, I would tialk to them and let them know they were out of line, and their words really hurt their dad. I don't know what I would do with my kids if they had two sets of rules...must be so hard for you. (((HUGS))) As for the shopping, yes, I got what i needed, still spent 70.00!! Well, 25.00 was for Cady's new backpack & lunchbox. She got a "camp Rock" Backpack, cause her Dora one is for "preschoolers, not kindergarteners" according to her. So overall not too bad.

Joan, yes, it was so cool when Frankie learned how to read, too. I remember having him show everyone when he read "Dan, Dan, the Flying Man" So cute!!! HOpe you are able to get alot done today. Are you still going to your WW meetings?? I was always jealous of people who had husbands who cooked, but in your case, I am going to consider myself lucky. I can bake stuff & pass it up, but when someone else does, I just have to have some. It's so much better when someone else makes it, right?? Glad you had a nice weekend.

Fergi, sounds like you have a busy week ahead!! It's always fun getting ready for a trip, though, I think, because there's something to look forward to!! Glad you and DD had a nice time together!!

Patricia, enjoy your last day off for awhile...hope youa re able to squeeze in some relaxation!!

Valerie, I too thought the nuking whales comment was so funny!! You and Trish have a great talent for describing things so well!!! Glad you got out thisweekend, enjoy the last bit of "Non-Napoleon" time!!!

Lauren, Hanna, Toni, Trish, Lisa (where are you girl??) Karen, and everyone whose name is escaping me, hope you are all well. Got to get back to laundry!!

P
Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #12  

Hey Christina,,,soryy for got about you

soooo.....BIG HUGS TO YOU!!! Glad you got some family time in this weekend. I know you were planning on being busy at work.!!

Oh, and Alicia!!! HI HONEY!!! I know you're home cause I saw your post on myspace (hehe)
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

Pam, I must me WAY to predictable, lol.

Kerry, unfortunately, the stepkids are at that age to say stuff like that. My DD does it all the time. It is very hurtful, but I have to remind myself that its adolesence. Just recently when I wouldn't let her do something, she told me how I didn't care about her. Just talk to them and let them know it hurt their Fathers feelings.

Hello to everyone else, I have to go back and read what everyones been up to.

I got home from work this morning. It was a rough night last night at work. The lady kept me up all night. I spent an hour trying to convince her there was nothing under her bed. (She wanted me to call the cops). When she can't sleep, she calls me all night for crazy stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day. Ill check back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #14  

Pam ~ I've skipped my last 3 weeks of WW. Bad, Bad Me!! I know, I know.... I was doing so well but then had a slew of parties, traveling, etc., etc... I need to get my butt in gear. I was going to start back this week but my sisters and nieces are all getting this Wednesday night to go see Mama Mia. Wednesday night is when my favorite leader leads so I plan on starting back next week. Shockingly, I haven't put any weight back on, but I haven't lost any either. Thankfully, I've kept up with my exercise or I'd be in far worse shape. DH keeps telling me that I don't need WW and that I can do it myself. He sees how well I'm doing with the exercise and how it's becoming a habit now. I agree with him about that but I have so little control over the whole other issue... food! I love it way too much. At least I know I'm not alone, right girls? LOL.

I haven't started school supply shopping yet. Each year more and more is required.

FYI regarding backpacks. I only buy backpacks from LL Bean. They are so unbelievably sturdy. I bought DS one from Target when he started Kindergarten and within months it was tearing and looked like crap. I bought a good one from LL Bean and he's still using it! Both of the girls have one too and the stuff that they're made of washes up like brand new. I loved the backpacks so much that I bought lunchboxes from there too. They are so great! I throw them in the washer about once a month and they last forever.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #15  

Kerry ~ sorry forgot to mention DH. Sorry about that. Kids say lots of things that they don't really mean. Especially in a divorce situation. Who knows what they're hearing in their other home. Sounds like your talking to them is a good idea.

Alicia ~ I hope that you find another job asap! Not getting your sleep and being away from home sounds unpleasant. Hope that you get some rest today.