Old 07-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.6/242.8/160

Height: 5'9

Default How good are the results using fitness vids? (The Biggest Loser vids)

Hello,

I recently got The Biggest Loser videos both Cardio Max and Power Sculpting. I would love to either get some equipment or join a gym but neither is possible right now because I work two full-time jobs and I also am moving cross country at the end of September, and I dont want any extra things to lug around the country.

So my question is, can you really get good results using only videos? (along with diet of course).

I am following the 6 week plan to build up to the highest level workout, and I alternate days and I do this: rest one day, workout 2 days, rest one day, work out three days.
ForABetterLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 AM   #2  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Yes. I would like to know how good the results are as well. I have Biggest Loser workout vol. 2 dvd. What have your results been since you have started using the dvd??
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 294/274/240

Hi, I started using the Cardio and Sculpt Biggest Loser Videos as well as Taebo and Turbo jam.

Biggest Loser dvds make a difference. You gotta have the endurance. With the combo and different eating habits I have lost 20 pounds from Mid-June until August 1srt when i weighed in.

I am continuing with the exercise!
ms_plavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #4  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Thanks. You lost 20 pounds. Thats great I hope to lose 20 pounds by end of this month.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

I have the power sculpt DVD and cardio max. Love the power sculpt. Cario max...uhhh... Bob kicks your BUTT in that video. I seriously thought I was going to barf...and DANG did I sweat!!!!!!
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #6  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkneec19 View Post
I have the power sculpt DVD and cardio max. Love the power sculpt. Cario max...uhhh... Bob kicks your BUTT in that video. I seriously thought I was going to barf...and DANG did I sweat!!!!!!
I almost did puke after doing bob's section. I couldn't even move on to Jillian's workout after that. The moves look so easy, but oh my goodness!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I think videos work great. You just gotta stick with it. I like to do The Firm and TurboJam. I try not to do weights two days in a row. I like to alternate different videos so I don't get bored and always work different muscles. I would like to get some of the Biggest Loser DVD's but haven't had the extra money to purchase them.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #8  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Both videos are good, though I do so many other exercise vids that it's hard to say how these two have helped me specifically, but I do like them. I love Jillian Michael's workouts on both DVDs and I like the cool down/warm ups on both. I like that the level 2 powersculpt is only 10 minutes long, so you can squeeze it into your day no matter how busy you are or how little you feel like strength training that day.

Bob's cardio session is INTENSE and if you can do his cardio level and Jillian's 10 min level 2 cardio back to back, you just got 30 mins of SERIOUS cardio (if you can get in level 3, thats 40 mins of serious cardio, even better ).

I like to do levels back to back, like Levels 1 and 2 of Power Sculpt and then levels 1 and 2 of Cardio Max for 1 hr of weights/cardio. The only part of either DVD I *DONT* care for is the Level 3 Powersculpt... I don't know why, but I just dont care for it so I never do it.

Also, I started weight training by using the Power sculpt DVD and I saw a noticeable improvement to my arm tone and strength after like 2 weeks, so it DOES work.

In terms of TurboJam... I like that one less. Well, let me temper that. i like that the DVD offers you like 5 distinctive workouts, so you can really mix it up. I also really, really like the 45 minute TurboSculpt. I like it A LOT. But I don't care for the cardio workouts bc I find them hard to follow. I think the moves are too complicated, frankly, and I've never been the kind of person who can memorize a routine and perform in synch with others, so for me, it's problematic. I have to stop and just watch them for like 1 - 2 minute stretches bc I honestly can't follow what they're doing. Also, I find "the tuck" to be extremely uncomfortable and rough on my back and since I don't want to work my abs constantly (since I want to make me waist seem smaller, not bigger), it's sort of counterproductive for me. Anyway, I tend to prefer simplier, more straight forward types of movements.

I've never tried any of The Firm videos.

Last edited by KLK; 08-28-2008 at 12:58 PM.
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote